IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

MikeO

I have a couple of great positives about last nights match if you want them.....

1) I was not there, as I had to be here at home for certain reasons (health) so I have not wasted any money.

2) I am not in work today so I won't be getting any stick for the workmates.

I hope that cheers everyone up a bit.dry.png

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got stick off a Liverpoo fan who hasn't been to analfield in his life yet once owned a Villa season ticket - I went to town on the c*#t!!!

gets on my fuckin nerves...got a mate who is a utd 'fan' but has been less times than i have...claims he can't afford it yet buys shit loads of games every month and goes to pub 3-4 times a week...only lives 15 miles from the ground too

It's times like these that I'm glad I don't live in Liverpool. Seeing how our squad failed to even try.... I'll just say that it would drive me insane (can't imagine how natural Evertonians might feel). Luckily, my mates from England are from Ipswich, so at least they can't say anything about it.

Very disappointed... really thought we'd could pull a win or draw from that game... instead we're settling for a 3-0 loss. 3 goals to nil just looks so demeaning.

I'll put it this way. I'm trying to introduce one of my friends to Everton; let's just say that he was not a big fan after watching his first Everton game on the TV. The worst part about it is I talked them up as being at least hard-working when they're playing poorly. Yesterday's game made me somewhat of a liar.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I been following the sport for 6 months and even I was asking what the fuck DM was thinking yesterday..

1. Why drop Heitinga who's seen off some of the best attacking players in the league in the last two months without conceding to them (Chelsea, ManC and Spurs)
  2. Why drop Jelavic after his goal from the weekend? Would have been beaming with confidence
  3. Why drop Osman who carved the Spurs defence in the first 45 mins?
  4. Why drop Drenthe? Also playing with confidence
  5. Why not play Cahill with his record against Liverpool?
  6. Most importantly why did he play a formation we haven't played all season in a match that would have seen us leap frog Liverpool??? Unbeaten in 9 games using 4-5-1 and he chooses this game to try something new? And he didn't even have Jelly starting up front?

I just couldn't think of any possible reason to drop in form players (Heitinga, Osman, Drenthe) for ones returning from injury? Resting them for Sunderland is a stupid excuse. We had a two week break prior to QPR, surely the players weren't that fatigued.

Edited by Pearso

I been following the sport for 6 months and even I was asking what the fuck DM was thinking yesterday..

1. Why drop Heitinga who's seen off some of the best attacking players in the league in the last two months without conceding to them (Chelsea, ManC and Spurs)
  2. Why drop Jelavic after his goal from the weekend? Would have been beaming with confidence
  3. Why drop Osman who carved the Spurs defence in the first 45 mins?
  4. Why drop Drenthe? Also playing with confidence
  5. Why not play Cahill with his record against Liverpool?
  6. Most importantly why did he play a formation we haven't played all season in a match that would have seen us leap frog Liverpool??? Unbeaten in 9 games using 4-5-1 and he chooses this game to try something new? And he didn't even have Jelly starting up front?

I just couldn't think of any possible reason to drop in form players (Heitinga, Osman, Drenthe) for ones returning from injury? Resting them for Sunderland is a stupid excuse. We had a two week break prior to QPR, surely the players weren't that fatigued.

I agree with all of that except I would have made the one change, Pienaar for Drenthe. When I heard the team news I thought to myself "A f*cking large clanger has just been dropped". Still so angry about that team slection. I am just not into the 'saving players for the weekend', especially against Liverpool. Disgraceful in my humble opinion and an insult to those who paid 48 quid to watch it. I am not usually one to knock Moyes but he got it wrong this time.

I still feel sick after that spineless, embarrassing NON display on Tuesday. 90% of the blame goes to moyes, once again gifting a dog shit Liverpool side the 3 points and 10% to those players who couldn't be arsed putting their heart or effort into our second biggest game of the season. Their wages should've gone to charity after that cowardly effort along with an apology from moyes.

Now that's done I'd like to ask the crying cunts on here/match go-ers if you're happy you got the 4-4-2 you've constantly been whinging for!? Not defending moyes at all but the only reason he's suddenly decided to pull that out of his arse had to be down to constant criticism for going 4-5-1. We can't play 4-4-2, Tuesday proved that along with every other shit display everton have turned in under moyes using that formation. Of course that wasn't the only catalyst for the defeat but we would've been solid atleast.

To end my rant I'd like to say rodwell is the most overrated player I've ever seen. If any of the 'big clubs' are willing to pay more than 10m then they can fucking have him.

I still feel sick after that spineless, embarrassing NON display on Tuesday. 90% of the blame goes to moyes, once again gifting a dog shit Liverpool side the 3 points and 10% to those players who couldn't be arsed putting their heart or effort into our second biggest game of the season. Their wages should've gone to charity after that cowardly effort along with an apology from moyes.

Now that's done I'd like to ask the crying cunts on here/match go-ers if you're happy you got the 4-4-2 you've constantly been whinging for!? Not defending moyes at all but the only reason he's suddenly decided to pull that out of his arse had to be down to constant criticism for going 4-5-1. We can't play 4-4-2, Tuesday proved that along with every other shit display everton have turned in under moyes using that formation. Of course that wasn't the only catalyst for the defeat but we would've been solid atleast.

To end my rant I'd like to say rodwell is the most overrated player I've ever seen. If any of the 'big clubs' are willing to pay more than 10m then they can fucking have him.

I honestly believe that Moyes tried to pull a fast one! What do I mean?.....I think like he (Moyes) thought what you were obviously thinking ' a dog shit liverpool side' here for the taking, why I can even rest a few players and beat these, that will make me look really clever........Just one problem 'gerrard', he single handedly ripped up that script! at the same time he bloody well inspired that 'dog shit of a side'....and made our team look like .....' dog shit '.

I'm not of the opinion that the Everton players didn't give it a go, most of them did have a go, some were a bit rusty a couple were off form and the tactics weren't right, add those to the Gerrard factor and you get 3-0.

The two front boys just didn't work, Rodwell didn't perform (not the same as not trying).....giving Gerrard plenty of space to do his business, he's been saving up for that kind of performance, but even he probably couldn't believe the space he was allowed.

Moyes must be kicking himself right now, I don't think he allowed for the rs to be so fired up, he thought they would be playing with the fear of a bad run.Two big lads up front would scare them, well it didn't. what would have scared them would have maybe been a proven goalscorer up front with 5 in midfield and Ossie moving up behind the striker, or even Cahill who is always up for the rs!

We were good at 4-5-1 when Cahill was at his best, those days are gone, surely we have the squad to play different styles.Just get the right players in the right positions.

Please Mr Moyes, please don't ever gamble on a derby game ever again......and have Gerrard man marked every time he gets into our half, if possible not by Rodwell !

Does heitinga have 9 yellow cards? that would be a good reason to drop him.

Straq also performs well against higher teams so it would seem reasonable to start him.

And in general I think Moyes thought, and i do agree, that though the team was not the best, if they played decently then they could have won against a Liverpool side that rarely turns up.

Edited by the_everton_way

Heitinga has 3 yellows in the league (maybe 4), I know that, but I doubt he's accumulated 5/6 further bookings in cup games, have we even played that many?

I'm just going to continue to pray that Johnny's name is on that teamsheet on Saturday morning. If its not, then I have no idea which Heitinga it is that Moyes has been watching for the past few months.

I dont think people are necessarily questioning Straq being brought back into the team, its the players who were coming back from injury and showed that they werent up to the pace of the game, that the majority seem to be against.

Im not really sure how many times you have seen Liverpool this season, but when they need to put in a big performance then they have done and it was always going to be the case that Dagleish was going to set them up to have a go at us.

Like I have said before, that team fully fit and in form should have been competitive against Liverpool, but with several out of form, returning from injury and key players dropped, it was asking for disaster.

Well that just sums it up, he doesn't give a fuck about what we think and that's why we're not going to win at anfield, old Trafford, Chelsea, tottenham, eastlands or the emirates for the remainder of his everton career. He knew that team was going to be shite on Tuesday but hey, we always get beat there so who cares! No lessons learnt from the previous 11 anfield derbies.

Small time thinking will get you small time results. I really hope we progress in the cup but even if we do get to the final against a decent side you know what's coming...another Chelsea 09 esq performance.

He goes on about luck! I hope he wasn't referring to Tuesday because we got what we deserved with that selection and performance. I hope our next manager recognises who Everton are and doesn't just go by the prem years underachievement (for a club with our history) to justify medeocracy. I've had enough of it.

Top 7 an achievement!? Fuck off!

Edited by Eddie_1938

Moyes actually said 'Finishing in the Top Ten this season would be an achievement' mellow.png

I did actually take issue with that at first glance, OK we can't expect to be challenging for a European cup berth, so that leaves The Europa League and the immediate places below it, but I think Moyes was surely pointing to now and games left in change rather than the start back in August

• 2 weeks later...

DM...

“I made a mistake against Liverpool - I should have rested more players,”

“If I had done that I would probably have got through the first time."

“I didn’t rest enough players in that game and I should have gone with my gut feeling that night and then we probably wouldn’t have needed a replay.”

So the gut feeling was to surrender?

I think he knows he made a mistake (not the one he's owning up to).

DM...

“I didn’t rest enough players in that game and I should have gone with my gut feeling that night and then we probably wouldn’t have needed a replay.”

Twat.

That is all.

DM...

I actually found this very funny!

DM...

I think your spot on there.

'I should have gone with my gut feeling that night'

Was Moyes lying in bed with Indigestion when he comes up with these things?

I think all said, if we can look beyond all this now, whatever his objective was at the time It did kind of work out maybe. Moyes has made a few mistakes, not just the one he states here. Yes he got peoples backs up with his tactics for the shite game recently and we took a beating and they played well, but people have agreed they would rather have tolerated that , painful as it was, and get a result in the sixth round maybe because of it and progression in a competition than vice versa maybe. Moyes took a gamble and to him, it paid off in the end.