IGNORED

Fear is always a factor.

Aidan

We lost 3-0 yesterday.

Steven Gerrard scored a hat-trick.

Yesterday was a sad, sad day for the blues.

Nobody except Moyes will know why he fielded that side yesterday. Initially, my first thought was to rest a few players for Saturday's FA cup run. Although, after a nights sleep (didn't get much) I just couldn't stop thinking that Moyes was scared and under confident.

This brings me onto my second point. Anichebe is not a winger. He never has been. He needs to be either holding up the ball or in and around that 6 yard box following up. Id of rather have had Gueye start up front than Anichebe with Straq yesterday because at least Gueye (not even a striker) would have some real chance of feeding off Straq.

The game was a shocker. The fear of David Moyes rubbed off onto the players. They looked jaded with no real ambition in the game and Liverpool took full advantage. The two things what pissed me off the most though (and this really annoyed me!) is firstly, when were looking to make subs the players show Moyes why they shouldn't take them off and try for once. This is shocking. If you have it in you then try the whole match, even Straq looked like he couldn't be arsed yesterday. My next annoyance was when Moyes finally got up out of the stands (in which he had a face like a slapped arse on him all game). It was just before I stopped watching the game around 85 minutes in. The game never had a real flow, which is why he should have been motivating and commanding his team throughout most of the match. He's usually up there winning, losing or drawing helping his team out. I would have rather fielded an attacking side and lost 5-0 if I knew we would have the chance of winning.

Yesterday was a sad, sad day for the blues. We all know in our heart of hearts that this was our best chance in many years to win Liverpool at Anfield, If we lose to Sunderland at the weekend I am going to be fuming.

The simple answer... there's prize money at stake in the Sunderland game.

£360,000 + £450,000 guaranteed as semi final loser.

Still considerably less than we'd get for an extra two places up the league. Seventh down to fifteenth is so tight at the moment we could finish anywhere...a £4m differential from top to bottom.

If the motive was financial it was short sighted surely.

Know what else is a factor? Wank tactics....they never helped anybody.

Recently we have actually been playing some football but yesterday we went right back into hoof mode. No composure at the back, Liverpool pressed really well and forced us into going long and its no wonder Straq, Jelly & Vic all looked hopeless because they were feeding on scraps. The first two did their fare share of chasing & harrassing so its not that they couldnt be bothered, but the complete lack of service into feet didnt help at all.

I'd say the reason we lost yesterday was simple......Gerrard!

There's a thread on here asking a simple question, Gerrard or Fellaini.....I'd say the answer was pretty obvious.

That's not a great liverpool team, and we at our strongest would have had a much better chance.The major difference last night was Gerrard, he pulled strings, showed team mates what to do and where to go, he was box to box, he was fired up......he scored three goals!!

Against him we had a rusty Rodwell, there was only likely to be one result.

Fellaini had some good moments, but on that showing Gerrard was light years ahead.Gerrard has practicly carried liverpool for the past few years and nearly always plays well against us, the only consolation is he's getting on in years and to be honest he can't be replaced.

Seriously, last night, we weren't that great, but I don't think liverpool were that great.....but they were driven, driven by a player who has to be probably the best of his generation.We didn't just give him space last night, he bloody well created it for himself.

He's had bad games, but last night he WAS the difference.

We need to move on and hope Rodwell or Barkley are 80% as good as him.

Where would liverpool be without him?

Seriously, last night, we weren't that great, but I don't think liverpool were that great.....but they were driven, driven by a player who has to be probably the best of his generation.We didn't just give him space last night, he bloody well created it for himself.

Driven is the best way i've seen it put.

The other thing is that Liverpool are the ultimate cup team. They will do well in big games- their cup finals ( derby, United, Chel$ki, Spuds etc etc) but will draw games against Stoke, Norwich or Swansea.

Liverpool- game raising c**ts.

Re: Moyes and his tactics yesterday. He gambled, IMO your league form will give you a good chance to finish 7th/8th. The FA Cup is a bigger prize than that.

Edited by sunny jim

I'd say the reason we lost yesterday was simple......Gerrard!

There's a thread on here asking a simple question, Gerrard or Fellaini.....I'd say the answer was pretty obvious.

That's not a great liverpool team, and we at our strongest would have had a much better chance.The major difference last night was Gerrard, he pulled strings, showed team mates what to do and where to go, he was box to box, he was fired up......he scored three goals!!

Against him we had a rusty Rodwell, there was only likely to be one result.

Fellaini had some good moments, but on that showing Gerrard was light years ahead.Gerrard has practicly carried liverpool for the past few years and nearly always plays well against us, the only consolation is he's getting on in years and to be honest he can't be replaced.

We need to move on and hope Rodwell or Barkley are 80% as good as him.

Where would liverpool be without him?

I have to say I agree with this statement, I hate that Gerrard plays for the reds... but I wish we currently had a "Gerrard." That, coupled with sure-fire tactics.

A man can dream...