IGNORED

Arsenal (home)

Matt

Guest blueboy122

I guess I'm the only one here that thought we didn't play that badly and we deserved something out of that game, and would have got it if the officials knew the offside rule.

I'm not going to stick around for the Moyes bashing for the rest of the night, so y'all have fun!

Not Moyes's fault mate its the players. There clueless

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Substitutions were a disaster....should have stuck with the eleven we had.

And it couldn't have been another 7-1....daft to exaggerate.

Less impressed with Jelavic tonight....few occasions where if he'd been attacking the right areas he'd have been on the end of something but was hesitant.

Beeb reporter...

"Everton rallied and were denied an equaliser when Royston Drenthe's finish was wrongly ruled out for offside.

The Toffees had further chances to get something from the game but the Gunners showed great resilience to hold on."

Sounds like a 7-1.

Substitutions were a disaster....should have stuck with the eleven we had.

And it couldn't have been another 7-1....daft to exaggerate.

Less impressed with Jelavic tonight....few occasions where if he'd been attacking the right areas he'd have been on the end of something but was hesitant.

He goes down too easy for me. Plus he's always complaining about something.

Drethe didnt seem as light today though.

We just lack incision in the final third. They were pretty much sitting back but Vermaelen and Koscielny had good games and dealt comfortably with everything we threw at them.

Maybe they had good games because we didnt bloody throw anything at them. We should chance our motto from "The peoples club" to "lacking in the final third"

Guest blueboy122

Beeb reporter...

"Everton rallied and were denied an equaliser when Royston Drenthe's finish was wrongly ruled out for offside.

The Toffees had further chances to get something from the game but the Gunners showed great resilience to hold on."

Sounds like a 7-1.

Hence why I said it could have been if the gooners took there chances they should have been home and dry by half time mate. And as for that statement from the bbc reporter, what chances did we create? And what resilience did they show? We played a yard higher in the last 5 minutes than we had done all game they were hardly defending like "beavers" were they, because we had built up so much preassure and they defended wave after wave of attack didnt they. Yeah of course we did.

Hence why I said it could have been if the gooners took there chances they should have been home and dry by half time mate.

My point was that it was never a 7-1 game....stupid to suggest it was.

If you want to be simplistic Arse (according to the stats) had twelve shots and we had seven.

So if they took their chances and we took ours it'd have finished 7-12....but that's not how it works in real life.

Guest blueboy122

My point was that it was never a 7-1 game....stupid to suggest it was.

If you want to be simplistic Arse (according to the stats) had twelve shots and we had seven.

So if they took their chances and we took ours it'd have finished 7-12....but that's not how it works in real life.

Shots doesnt mean really chances does it though pal. If a striker is through on goal misses a one on one that goes down as a shot, i shoot from 50 yards takes a deflection to take it on target and then pee roles into the keepers hands that is also a shot for the stats.

Well that was a fucking disaster.

We started the game like we were scared of Arsenal and were lucky not to be 3 goals down in the first 10 minutes. We had a real let-off in the first 5 before the goal when Robin van Persie cut back for Aaron Ramsey in front of goal and he somehow managed to put it over. Their goal was a joke too as not one of our players challenged Vermaelen in air and we got what we deserved. The first 45 were one to forget as we were pegged in our own half and looked like a second division team rather than one which should be looking towards Europe.

The second half was better, but I think it looked a lot better than it was because of the poor first half. The referee/linesman was a fucking joke and that stopped us from getting any real momentum, Arsenal sat back and made sure that we didn't score and left with a tidy 1-0 win. I'm a little dissapointed with the boys tonight because we didn't seem to have any passion or drive going forward, I get the feeling that Moyes and the rest of the lads had decided before the game that we were going out to get beat and that makes me a little annoyed to say the least.

Howard - Did well to be honest; was let down by the men in front of him.

Jelavic - Quite poor, never did anything when he had the ball and seemed to lightweight when the 'hoof' balls were coming from halfway/defence.

Drenthe - The only player that looked good going forward but all it takes is a gust of wind and he hits the deck, I woulden't mind if he won us set pieces but he dosen't, he's a really shit diver.

I was hopeful when I seen the starting line-up that we would at least get a point from this, and then we started playing... Jesus fucking christ, the amount of time I spent with my head in my hands in the first half was unbelievable. It was car crash stuff. We completely and utterly stood off them and just let them have the ball; there was no tackling or even any sort of attempt to close them down. When we'd eventually get hold of the ball they'd pressurise us instantly, and we'd invariably lose the ball or lump it upfield where they'd get the ball again anyway. Because we let them do as they pleased they dragged us all over the pitch, which meant that players were always out of position which led to them punching holes in us at will. Our lack of composure and fight was embarrassing. We could have been 3-0 down in the first ten minutes we were that bad. I'm not even exaggerating. I can accept that Arsenal have better players than us, that they have more money than us and all that jazz, but what I can't accept is a lack of effort and that is what I saw in the first half.

The second half was much better. We fought for everything, we closed down space, we forced them into making mistakes, we didn't seem as disjointed, we actually gave them something to think about. What let us down, as usual, was a lack of creativity or craft. That's what Osman was out there to provide but he was anonymous from start to finish. We were good at getting ourselves into good attacking positions but we fucked up the final ball too many times. That being said, I do think we deserved a point and if we'd played like we did in the second half right from the start then I believe we'd have got it, because I don't think they'd have got their goal in the first place.

Howard - Made some good saves to give us a chance at getting a point.

Hibbert - In the first half I wanted to strangle him (and Drenthe) for the amount of space they gave Gibbs. It was criminal and he didn't seem to learn at all. And in the second half he barely featured because we were mostly ontop and attacked predominently down the left.

Heitinga and Distin - Along with Howard these two were responsible for us still being in the game at half time with numerous blocks and headers won. And then in the second half they didn't have all that much to do.

Baines - Wasn't tested much defensively because they realised what a weak link Hibbert is, got forward well but often dallied instead of putting the ball in the box.

Drenthe - I went through my usual ritual with him of wanting to choke the little shit to death and then being on the edge of my seat. I wanted to choke him to death because he just let Gibbs go every time, but then he gets the ball and you feel he can make something happen but what usually happens is he does two step overs and then loses it. He's not good for my blood pressure. Although, his goal really should have stood and he took it really well.

Osman - Shite. Just shite.

Fellaini - Extremely poor in the first half. He offered pretty much no protection for the defence because he just jogged around doing nothing basically, he was a shadow chaser at best. I'm not a fan of moving Fellaini upfield but I thought once he was pushed up he actually had an impact on the game. He won headers, he held the ball up, he caused mayhem.

Pienaar - Was good in bits and pieces but he was mostly a major disappointment. He should have been fresh after not playing against Sunderland but he looked knackered, and he was very sloppy with the ball.

Cahill - I'm not sure he'd even touched the ball by the time Arsenal had scored tbh. He was another shadow chaser in the first half. Again, I'm not a fan of Cahill playing in midfield but when he swapped with Fellaini I thought he looked much better. He doesn't have the pace to play there really but he still looked to go forward with the ball, unlike the hiding Osman, and he was the biggest reason behind us showing some fight in the second half, IMO. He chased and harried and looked to put his foot in.

Jelavic - He did go down a bit too easily but I thought he had a fairly good game. He at least put himself about and looked to show effort from the start of the game, not just after a rollicking from Moyes like the rest of them. And he won plenty of headers, but we didn't capitalise on that by having players in support to collect the ball once he'd won it.

Guest blueboy122

My point exactly....Arsenal were never anywhere near to scoring seven...which is what you were suggesting it could have been.

Well they quite easily could have scored 4 at least. And I am sure of we were 4-0 down the young guns would have been thrown on and would have had a feild day as our heads would have been down, however obvisouly theres no point talking about what if's. In my opinion if Arsenal were a little more clinical and took there chances we would have been well well beaten tonight.

Guest blueboy122

Well that was a fucking disaster.

We started the game like we were scared of Arsenal and were lucky not to be 3 goals down in the first 10 minutes. We had a real let-off in the first 5 before the goal when Robin van Persie cut back for Aaron Ramsey in front of goal and he somehow managed to put it over. Their goal was a joke too as not one of our players challenged Vermaelen in air and we got what we deserved. The first 45 were one to forget as we were pegged in our own half and looked like a second division team rather than one which should be looking towards Europe.

The second half was better, but I think it looked a lot better than it was because of the poor first half. The referee/linesman was a fucking joke and that stopped us from getting any real momentum, Arsenal sat back and made sure that we didn't score and left with a tidy 1-0 win. I'm a little dissapointed with the boys tonight because we didn't seem to have any passion or drive going forward, I get the feeling that Moyes and the rest of the lads had decided before the game that we were going out to get beat and that makes me a little annoyed to say the least.

Howard - Did well to be honest; was let down by the men in front of him.

Jelavic - Quite poor, never did anything when he had the ball and seemed to lightweight when the 'hoof' balls were coming from halfway/defence.

Drenthe - The only player that looked good going forward but all it takes is a gust of wind and he hits the deck, I woulden't mind if he won us set pieces but he dosen't, he's a really shit diver.

Fully agree great post however I understand now that Jelly will come in for some critisizim tonight however, thats not his game hoofing the ball forward to him or hoofing it into the channels, however yes he could have done better when he had the ball. Its just not his game I am afraid just like it was'nt AJ, Yaks, Beckfords, even Beattie to an extent. I fear that Jelly might be another wasted talent under Moyes. We could have saved ourselves alot of money and bought Kevin Davies from bolton for a million if thats the way we supply our centre forwards.

Saw doh.gif

It happens to the best of us!

And Blueboy;

I'm not saying that Jelly was the worst man on the pitch because he wasn't it's just the whenever the ball seemed to come to him he would either wriggle three feet and lose it or just get pushed off the ball by one of the Arsenal defenders. I believe that he is a player that works best when the ball is at his feet (rather than up in the air) and we should be looking to both Stracq and TC for long balls (and winning the ball in the air) and bringing it down to lay onto Jelly.

Jelly is the first striker in a while to get me excited, more so than when AJ came and I bloody loved him when he first signed. I just hope he's not a wasted talent because it's obvious how good he can be for us.

Guest blueboy122

I was hopeful when I seen the starting line-up that we would at least get a point from this, and then we started playing... Jesus fucking christ, the amount of time I spent with my head in my hands in the first half was unbelievable. It was car crash stuff. We completely and utterly stood off them and just let them have the ball; there was no tackling or even any sort of attempt to close them down. When we'd eventually get hold of the ball they'd pressurise us instantly, and we'd invariably lose the ball or lump it upfield where they'd get the ball again anyway. Because we let them do as they pleased they dragged us all over the pitch, which meant that players were always out of position which led to them punching holes in us at will. Our lack of composure and fight was embarrassing. We could have been 3-0 down in the first ten minutes we were that bad. I'm not even exaggerating. I can accept that Arsenal have better players than us, that they have more money than us and all that jazz, but what I can't accept is a lack of effort and that is what I saw in the first half.

The second half was much better. We fought for everything, we closed down space, we forced them into making mistakes, we didn't seem as disjointed, we actually gave them something to think about. What let us down, as usual, was a lack of creativity or craft. That's what Osman was out there to provide but he was anonymous from start to finish. We were good at getting ourselves into good attacking positions but we fucked up the final ball too many times. That being said, I do think we deserved a point and if we'd played like we did in the second half right from the start then I believe we'd have got it, because I don't think they'd have got their goal in the first place.

Howard - Made some good saves to give us a chance at getting a point.

Hibbert - In the first half I wanted to strangle him (and Drenthe) for the amount of space they gave Gibbs. It was criminal and he didn't seem to learn at all. And in the second half he barely featured because we were mostly ontop and attacked predominently down the left.

Heitinga and Distin - Along with Howard these two were responsible for us still being in the game at half time with numerous blocks and headers won. And then in the second half they didn't have all that much to do.

Baines - Wasn't tested much defensively because they realised what a weak link Hibbert is, got forward well but often dallied instead of putting the ball in the box.

Drenthe - I went through my usual ritual with him of wanting to choke the little shit to death and then being on the edge of my seat. I wanted to choke him to death because he just let Gibbs go every time, but then he gets the ball and you feel he can make something happen but what usually happens is he does two step overs and then loses it. He's not good for my blood pressure. Although, his goal really should have stood and he took it really well.

Osman - Shite. Just shite.

Fellaini - Extremely poor in the first half. He offered pretty much no protection for the defence because he just jogged around doing nothing basically, he was a shadow chaser at best. I'm not a fan of moving Fellaini upfield but I thought once he was pushed up he actually had an impact on the game. He won headers, he held the ball up, he caused mayhem.

Pienaar - Was good in bits and pieces but he was mostly a major disappointment. He should have been fresh after not playing against Sunderland but he looked knackered, and he was very sloppy with the ball.

Cahill - I'm not sure he'd even touched the ball by the time Arsenal had scored tbh. He was another shadow chaser in the first half. Again, I'm not a fan of Cahill playing in midfield but when he swapped with Fellaini I thought he looked much better. He doesn't have the pace to play there really but he still looked to go forward with the ball, unlike the hiding Osman, and he was the biggest reason behind us showing some fight in the second half, IMO. He chased and harried and looked to put his foot in.

Jelavic - He did go down a bit too easily but I thought he had a fairly good game. He at least put himself about and looked to show effort from the start of the game, not just after a rollicking from Moyes like the rest of them. And he won plenty of headers, but we didn't capitalise on that by having players in support to collect the ball once he'd won it.

Correct as usual. What hurts the most is that David Moyes has built Everton on scarapping battling etc and I didnt see any of that tonight. I also have the same feelings as you on Drenthe, I am not really keen on Moyes signing him however I fear that if we didnt he would go somewhere and be a superstar. With the right managment style he could be a world beater, as much as I hate the saggy faced cockney, I think Redknapp would make Drenthe a real player.

Guest blueboy122

It happens to the best of us!

And Blueboy;

I'm not saying that Jelly was the worst man on the pitch because he wasn't it's just the whenever the ball seemed to come to him he would either wriggle three feet and lose it or just get pushed off the ball by one of the Arsenal defenders. I believe that he is a player that works best when the ball is at his feet (rather than up in the air) and we should be looking to both Stracq and TC for long balls (and winning the ball in the air) and bringing it down to lay onto Jelly.

Jelly is the first striker in a while to get me excited, more so than when AJ came and I bloody loved him when he first signed. I just hope he's not a wasted talent because it's obvious how good he can be for us.

Fully agree but I think that the fickle Everton fans will be giving him some stick and its always going to be a matter of time before people start to get on his back if we keep playing the way we have been doing, because if that carrys on then Jelly will be totally ineffective and a waste of money. I hope that Jelly is only part of the jigsaw and not the peice to complete the puzzle as we need to buy players that will give him chances infront of goal.

Didn't see the game or highlights, been out to dinner in my defense but I Read the BBC post match report and despite the obvious disappointment of the result, says we had our chances and lo and behold another fucking Grade A selection of ass clowns in match officials, Drenthe wrongly deemed offside and we could have had a share of the spoils tonight. More fight and determination evident from recent fixtures but nothing to show for it

It's a pity we couldn't have played these about a month ago as they were going through all sorts of problems and Wenger was really on the chopping block, but apparently they've had some lazarus type comeback the last few weeks and now look like Championship contenders. Fuck them really as actually they cannot win anything this year, same as with the last seven seasons I suppose dry.png

Hats off too to Queens Park Rangers in beating the shit tonight, two strikes ahead and they still managed to go home with a defeat, I did feel better on learning that happy.png

still disappointed with tonights game though, I said we played better than maybe before but I was reading other comments above and sometimes it just seemed like a duplicate of other poor performances just lately, maybe there was a little more effort and creativity from the players but overall, not a game that will live long in the memory

Why didn't Felli jump for the ball when they scored? He didn't even attempt to get up there.

Aside from that you gotta look at the positives.

1. They were in a brilliant run of form and we kept them to one goal (which Felli should have prevented) and if it weren't for the officials we would have taken a point from them. After flogging spurs and Milan in UCL you would think they would have given us a hiding after giving them that much ball
  2. At least Moyes is finally playing a decent team.
  3. We were playing attacking football for once. Moyes had 3 strikers on at one point! rofl.gif (regardless of where he had Vic playing)

Only seen half assed highlights, but it does seem we could have easily been 3-0 down within the first 10 minutes. Beggars belief that we would approach Arsenal with a "stand off and let them have it" game plan. Plays right into their hands. You'd think we'd have learned from Spurs that the way to counter quality passing teams is to hassle, harry and attack with pace.

has felli lost the ability to jump?

why are our players shit scared of crossing the ball?

why is felli played behind the striker and then ending up on the wing half the time?

poor tactics...again

This is a massive thing imo, we are more than happy to play Hollywood hoof balls up the centre, but at the same time shit scared to cross the ball, i don't get it. Edited by theprisoner

Yes it was another below par performance but some do see it as an improvement on recent fixtures, we could well have got something without a trio of inept fucking match officials and a bit of luck gone our way, Yes Arsenal have improved lately but I did think ahead of time, and even with regards to the recent trash lately here an there, a result was more than capable last night, disappointed after the event to end up with nothing. There is of course still a big prize to play for, but Moyes needs to get moving for us to have any chance this year, I feel we are going to be left disappointed by end of season but you have to remain hopeful