IGNORED

Arsenal (home)

Matt

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry its so late, work is a bitch lately, so no TWTE either.

I forgot that they were still going! For me I think we could beat them with the team we put out against Sunderland in the cup, we can stop Arsenal from pressing us and can hit them on the break with the likes of Fellaini, Coleman, Osman and Jelavic going forward.

I'm nervous about van Persie as he is obviously the only real threat that Arsenal have going forward and I'm just hoping that someone (let's say Heitinga) can keep him in their back pocket for the full 90 and stop him from causing us trouble.

sorry its so late, work is a bitch lately, so no TWTE either.

Im guessing whole-sale changes again to further destabilize the team, Jags coming back in, Vic too and us getting mullered.

If DM is to be consistent and if he still thinks his team v Liverpool was justified then he has to make changes for this game and for Swansea....otherwise he'll be admitting he made a mistake.

These for me.

And we'll get...aol_anal.gif

Can't say I'm arsed at all about Coleman and Rodwell not playing tbh.

Same.

Rodwell is way to injury prone, he needs to go in the summer imo, we just can't rely on him. it's a shame but true.

Who would buy him pris? A team won't pay top dollar for him now, no way, they'll note his injury track record and pay nothing like we'd want for him? £20m...having a laugh, 5/6 at best.

Same.

Who would buy him pris? A team won't pay top dollar for him now, no way, they'll note his injury track record and pay nothing like we'd want for him? £20m...having a laugh, 5/6 at best.

I understand, but he is little use to us it seems, and i think Junior will step up soon and take his place.

rodwell has been injured and forced back too quick...he was class vs city kept silva quiet most the game...not an easy task..and hasn't really done bad in the games were he has been fully fit..i just don't get how you can judge someone to be ready to step up in a year or two on one ressie performance

rodwell has been injured and forced back too quick...he was class vs city kept silva quiet most the game...not an easy task..and hasn't really done bad in the games were he has been fully fit..i just don't get how you can judge someone to be ready to step up in a year or two on one ressie performance

im not juding him on one ressie performance, he has good write up's in all the games he's played, and Rodwell seems to be living off the back of one game against Man U and since then has spent more time on the sidelines than on the pitch, believe me i so wanted Jack to be the next big thing, but he really seems to have hit a brick wall in his career Edited by theprisoner

Rodwell needs a spell on the sidelines to get his injuries in check and get himself fully fit. Play Ossie, Felli and Cahill in the middle for now. I think he still has potential, and he's shown as much this season with a good run of form after the derby - not least his impressive international debut, until he got injured again.

I can't see Arsenal failing to score at the moment. Even if we make one half-mistake at the back in the whole match, that's all RVP needs to put it in the onion bag in his current form. At the same time, their defence has been too dodgy to see them coming here and keeping a clean sheet. Hopefully Jelavic can continue to build some confidence with another goal.

Sagna and Gibbs will provide a threat down the flanks, so let's just hope Walcott has an off day, Benayoun gets a run out and Arsenal pick up a few of their trademark niggly injuries and I think we could nick another home win.

I hope Moyes doesn't make another array of changes for this one. Maybe a couple, but the replay isn't until next Tuesday, so if he's going to rest players, he can do so up at Swansea and go for three points tomorrow night. I really think we're capable of being ahead after 60 minutes, so then he can take off the likes of Ossie and Jelavic and keep them fresh for the upcoming games.

That said, I think it'll be 1-1, Jelavic and RVP

Guest blueboy122

Cant believe all of this hype surrounding arteta and saying he hopes for an applause and round saying we should be applauding him etc, I think it would go without saying that he will get applauded, only mindless evertonians would even consider not doing so. What would make Mikel think we wouldnt applaude him?

I think alot of people are going overboard about Arsenal at the minute, RVP aside are you shitting yourself about anybody else? I dont think they are a particulary good team and i couldnt be less arsed about Arteta coming back. Legend for 3 years leg end for last three for me. Moyes cant rest players for rest of season now, he has made his bed. 2-0 Jelavic double

It's not a case of shitting it Trev its a case of acknowledging Arsenal have hit form of late and We have been piss poor aside from the Spurs win which We where very lucky not to get mullerd in the second half.

In terms of players yeah RVP is the man to watch but as a team they can on their day tear nearly any team apart so looking at it from We have been pretty poor and they have not point of view the odd's are in their favour.

I'm hoping am way off the mark and We really do go at them but it all depends how Moyes sets us up really if Jags comes back into the fold then RVP will tear him a new shitter!

The North London outfit simply aren't the force they were say five or six years ago, it's known by most they have not won anything since the 2005 FA Cup Final, (I say 'win', United got fucked that afternoon, it was the greatest steal since the great train robbery) and Yes they do have some very good players but simply aren't the all powerful opposition of before, Wenger may well have outstayed his welcome too, another empty season for Gunners

I really don't know what to expect, except a damn sight improvement on the last mid week game. Anything could happen and may well do so. Obviously would want a home success but I wish I could be more optimistic mellow.png

Arsenal are still very beatable for me, but fortunately for them RVP keeps pulling rabbits out of hats and God knows where they would be without him! Oxlade Chamberlain has showed more in his Arsenal career so far than Walcott & Gervinho have this season, and whilst Walcott is a decent finisher they are both truly shite out wide. Arteta is too slow on the ball for me and I still dont see what the hype is about Ramsey as whenever I see him he has no end product. Song is a lynch pin and whoever plays alongside the striker should constantly be marking him tightly to disrupt their rhythm. They are better at the back now than earlier in the season, but as AC Milan showed, if you actual attack them with intent then they can crumble.

If I was a manager of a Premier League club, I would relish playing Arsenal because they are a scalp that can be taken if you set your team up right. 4-5-1, play slightly deeper than normal, remain compact and get 11 men behind the ball as soon as we lose it. Close them down quickly whenever they get near our half and then try and hit them on the break (but be careful to not just give the ball away needlessly by misguided hoofs!). We need to play the same way we did against City and hopefully get the first goal!

We played Arsenal tomorrow, if that makes sense (i.e 21 March) way back in 1925 and one William Ralph Dean made his Everton debut that day

Put it another way, tomorrow Mr Dean made his Toffees debut against Arsenal in 1925 COYBs[1].gif

I just hope maybe we can put in an appropriate performance in honor of the great man

If the squad is changed as it was when we went to Anfield then thats a load of bollocks. These are Premier League footballers and they should be able to play nearly every game with minimal breaks from matches. Furthermore, we need a run of consistency in the team so the players can gel properly, all this pessimism from Moyes is absolute shit.