IGNORED

Sunderland (away) F.A. Cup

Finn balor

Just got to say from the off after a good performance today especially the second half, the players have given Moyes something to think about. I think Sunderland are definately beatable but their danger man is definately McClean on the left side. For me Hibbo has to play just for that reason otherwise i think he will tear Neville a new arsehole.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's essential Moyes picks his most effective players from the off, took a bit of a gamble today leaving some names on the bench that could have been included at start of play, but we got the result nonetheless. I've said it all along, there is really nothing to fear here. Yes, we should have got the job done first time around, will have to put in that little bit extra effort or do it the hard way but there's no way I'm feeling the trepidation some supporters have experienced since the initial drawn fixture. Yes, they start as favorites on the night some would feel, but I can see no repeat of the lame roll over in the Derby a few weeks ago, and Moyes seems to be taking it seriously, so I feel we can do it with everyone pulling their weight, and into the semi-finals again after a three year absence. Feeling quietly confident.

Cats 1 Toffees 2

Yeah pressure is on them this time, we should have won the first game. If we start well, quiten the crowd and move up the gears we can win.Gotta limit the set pieces they get because Larson's delivery is lethal. I'm going for a 1-2 aswell Jelly and Felli

hey guys does anyone know of any pubs evertonians are meeting in before the match in sunderland today? we're two 24 year old girls travelling up and just want to make sure we dont end up in the wrong place in the wrong shirt. sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place! COYB!

hey guys does anyone know of any pubs evertonians are meeting in before the match in sunderland today? we're two 24 year old girls travelling up and just want to make sure we dont end up in the wrong place in the wrong shirt. sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place! COYB!

Nicki love....why not save all the fuss and danger of travelling and you and your friend can come and enjoy the match round my house ;-). I've got a real big one....(telly that is) and the freezer is stocked to the hilts with asda's finest extra spicy chicken curry microwave meals!

What the hell I'll even push the boat out and treat you two lovely ladies to a 6 pack of panda pops and a fab. Now i know what you're thinking, this guy really knows how to treat a lady...and you're right. Nobody knows how to party like big eddie.

Now just let us know if you're up for it and I'll give you the details of the nearest bus route...see you later yeah ;-). Xxx

Edited by Eddie_1938

Nicki love....why not save all the fuss and danger of travelling and you and your friend can come and enjoy the match round my house ;-). I've got a real big one....(telly that is) and the freezer is stocked to the hilts with asda's finest extra spicy chicken curry microwave meals!

What the hell I'll even push the boat out and treat you two lovely ladies to a 6 pack of panda pops and a fab. Now i know what you're thinking, this guy really knows how to treat a lady...and you're right. Nobody knows how to party like big eddie.

Now just let us know if you're up for it and I'll give you the details of the nearest bus route...see you later yeah ;-). Xxx

rofl.gif

Nicki Ignore them, there's a few older gentleman on her that don't know how to contain themselves when women (let alone younger ladies) come onto the forum!!

I'm not going or know of anywhere around, best people to speak to would someone like the Beard? So untill then, apologies, have a cracking time and enjoy the game!

laugh.png

Edited by marcopaulo

This is this the most important fixture of the season thus far.

Moyes has to play with an attacking intent from the start if he can manage it. I do think we have enough to get through tonight, I'm not buying into the fact that some seriously want an elimination tonight in order to save a potential embarrassment against the shite in the last four. If we don't try, then we'll never know.

Here's the expected sides for tonight for what it's worth.

Sunderland squad: Mignolet, Gordon, Bardsley, Bridge, Turner, Kilgallon, Kyrgiakos, Lynch, Cattermole, Gardner, Larsson, Elmohamady, McClean, Vaughan, Meyler, Colback, Sessegnon, Bendtner, Wickham, Ji, Campbell.

Everton squad: Howard, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Cahill, Gibson, Fellaini, Osman, Barkley, Gueye, Jelavic, Mucha, Drenthe, Stracqualursi, Anichebe, McFadden

That's probably the best we can hope for....but I have a horrid feeling Vic will start.

I have a horrible feeling we might see Mcfadden at some point in this match major%20overreaction%20alert.gif can Gueye get through 90 mins? (im not saying he isnt fit or anything but 90 mins of a reserve game is completely different to an F.A Cup quarter final away from home). And what if it goes to extra time? I said after the draw at Goodison we will loose this game, i was slightly more optomistic after the Swansea game, but i dont have a good feeling about this. I do hope im wrong.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

About as good as can be expected. Hopefully we play with the same intensity as Saturday!

It's looking increasingly likely those drenthe rumours had an element of truth to them. Team isn't bad although I'd prefer hibbert against mcclean rather than Neville and I wouldn't waste a place on the bench with mcfaddon...he wasn't good enough 5 years ago never mind now! I'm afraid to say I still think we'll get beat because moyes will shit out...sorry to be negative but that's just how I feel.

Edited by Eddie_1938