IGNORED

Kenwright and Moyes

c1982

I thought Moyes was very good on it.

I found it difficult watching Bill. When Ben Sheppard was pushing him about valuation he looked very flustered and pretty much beat around the bush.

I dont know what to think of it really, but you dont see him in the media when we are doing badly. If we did I would have a bit more respect for him.

EDIT:

The value of the club does not change on a daily basis, not to the point where it would make any difference.

To say Bill and the rest of the board are not cencerned with the price of shares is just a bit silly, as this must have some base of the value of the club.

And to say he has met people interested in the club and has never once discussed price but asks them to come and see the club and meet David, its a bit of a blow to hear he would treat investors like this.

Edited by StevO

Why should kenwright tell the fans the price? He shouldn't.

He said that we need a mega rich owner as we need a stadium... only man city and Chelsea have seen this kind of money in the PL to date. We need a takeover yes but we need multi, multi millions - where takeovers have become common place the kind of money we need still isn't.

I thought Moyes was very good on it.

I found it difficult watching Bill. When Ben Sheppard was pushing him about valuation he looked very flustered and pretty much beat around the bush.

I dont know what to think of it really, but you dont see him in the media when we are doing badly. If we did I would have a bit more respect for him.

EDIT:

The value of the club does not change on a daily basis, not to the point where it would make any difference.

To say Bill and the rest of the board are not cencerned with the price of shares is just a bit silly, as this must have some base of the value of the club.

And to say he has met people interested in the club and has never once discussed price but asks them to come and see the club and meet David, its a bit of a blow to hear he would treat investors like this.

if the investors are concerned with the price, chance are they can't afford to push us forward. We need someone with a spare £500 million who will buy Everton then invest with no guarantee of a return. We need to sell the history and fans/atmosphere/feel good factor Everton can produce, not name a price so a entrepreneur will come in and try make a fast buck.

Why should kenwright tell the fans the price? He shouldn't.

He said that we need a mega rich owner as we need a stadium... only man city and Chelsea have seen this kind of money in the PL to date. We need a takeover yes but we need multi, multi millions - where takeovers have become common place the kind of money we need still isn't.

Im not saying he should tell the fans (shareholders is a different story imo) but he said he doesnt know the price, thats what worried me.

Im not saying he should tell the fans (shareholders is a different story imo) but he said he doesnt know the price, thats what worried me.

I wouldnt worry about him not knowing the price. How can you price something in such a turbulent economy, in such a bizarre business that ensures profits for the shareholders and a future for the club.

Its easy to fling numbers around on here, but i wouldnt be surprised if the price is constantly changing. Im with C though, weve no right to know (major sharehholders do though).

I think with the whole BU thing at the time he didnt really have much choice.

Even if only playing Devils advocate, you must admit its rare to see him when things arent going well, yet we see him pop up when things do go wel.

To be fair we don't hear much from him either way. We'd have heard from him regardless at this time as it coincides with the Moyes 10yrs.

He doesn't exactly hide when we're doing bad, he's at the game in the same seat every week!

If I was chairman of Everton and in my time the only credible thing I had done was recruit a manager that has worked miracles on a shoe string budget I would not be boasting.

As a chairman who's job it is to get investment, strengthen the position of the club, enable ground developement, safeguard of assets etc he has been abysmal.

Kings dock, NTL, Fortress fund, Kirby, Increased debt, sale of bellefield, sale and now rental of finch farm, Increased debt, a mystery buyer in a 1 bedroom apartment - just seriously smacks of inept leadership.

Peter Johnson was a better chairman for reasons that he never saddled club with increased debt, he contributed a better net spend, he developed the park end and opposed the previous plan which was to make it single tier - unfortunately was too late. He also put wheels in motion that promted the opportunity for Kings Dock, something Kenwright opposed. Ah forget all that, he sold Duncan behind the managers back and was a liverpool fan... at least Bill is a blue and was in the boys pen.

Moyes would have been sacked as soon as we lost a corner, we would still have all our off field assets but we would also still have a shite squad full of ageing has beens and probably be facing Wycombe away on April 14th instead of runing out at Wembley in another FA Cup semi-final

You keep harping on about the asset stripping and the increased debt, but what would you rather he had done? Peter Johnson was taking us towards certain relegation, BK is taking us to Wembley again. Johnson a better chairman? To quote Jim Royal ....My Arse!

I was hoping the upturn in form and fortune on the pitch would have improved the atmosphere around here but its still the same old doom and gloom bollocks

Moyes would have been sacked as soon as we lost a corner, we would still have all our off field assets but we would also still have a shite squad full of ageing has beens and probably be facing Wycombe away on April 14th instead of runing out at Wembley in another FA Cup semi-final

You keep harping on about the asset stripping and the increased debt, but what would you rather he had done? Peter Johnson was taking us towards certain relegation, BK is taking us to Wembley again. Johnson a better chairman? To quote Jim Royal ....My Arse!

I was hoping the upturn in form and fortune on the pitch would have improved the atmosphere around here but its still the same old doom and gloom bollocks

:lol:

you do make me laugh dunc

Yep, beginning to think there are many who can't be satisfied.. We could win the league by 10 points but then we'd be reading posts like " if we hadn't drawn with Wigan we would have won by 11".. After all the problems of the 90's when we basically imploded, It's amazing we're still around and haven't done a Charlton or Soton or Leeds. Ok some will say those clubs aren't the same as us but to their fans they are.. We are in the best most competitive league on the planet, capable of beating anyone by spending what in modern game terms is pocket money.. I personally think we're doing bloody well, yes we capitulated in the derby, but, when don't we? christ, when we were "good" we used to loose to them

FFS we've spent less than SEVEN MIllion, we're SEVENTH and in the FA SEMI.. nuff said..

Still struggling to get people to disassociate moyes miracle working on peanuts to that of the performance of the board.

Too early in the morning to go into great depth but kenwright is not a football manager! Never mind getting semi on's over semis, and thinking bill is great. The board and bill should have gone about raising money to support moyes getting into champions league. As it happens debt is increasing despite a minimal net spend.

Yeah, I know Haf.. Moyes does well with what he's given, or not, as the case maybe.. The issues you listed last summer are all still valid perhaps more so as the season progresses.. Personally, I do not trust Kenwright, as a person I find him creepy as a businessman I think he's a liar.. Of course he knows what the club is worth, he's onto the banks everyday. Johnson used the club to shore up Park Foods, I wonder what the current board use the club for??.. The £25m "other expenses" for example.. It's the lack of trust more than the lack of money which I find an issue..

• 11 months later...

Anyone seen some of the conversations Big Nev has been having on twitter?

Worth a browse through if not.

He's very dispondent regarding the current leadership at board level and seems he's expecting (like most of us) Moyes to go. He actually suggests Big Dunc with a experienced older coach as his preferred choice!