IGNORED

Kenwright and Moyes

c1982

Guests on goals on Sunday in a bit.

No thanks, that smug grin of Bill's on tv that really just hides all the problems, and he will drivel on about 10 years under Moyes and blah blah blah, and Moyes going on about recent results, covering up the disrespect he showed for the derby.

i will pass on it thanks.

Edited by theprisoner

We can't get Sky Sports. Got about three or four different satelite recievers and boxes etc and damn knows how many channels in total, but there is only Sky Sports news available on one of them, so therefore would have been unable to watch even if I had wanted to.

It's no great loss though, and this will invariably appear on Youtube or something sooner or later.

We can't get Sky Sports. Got about three or four different satelite recievers and boxes etc and damn knows how many channels in total, but there is only Sky Sports news available on one of them, so therefore would have been unable to watch even if I had wanted to.

It's no great loss though, and this will invariably appear on Youtube or something sooner or later.

Would imagine so.

http://www.skysports...7644397,00.html

There's nothing there that we hadn't already heard.

i love Bill's maths there, saying 99% of the fans are behind him, er don't think so Bill. Im NOT happy though about his dodging of valuations saying it depends on market values. We have supposedly been up for sale for at least 3 years now and basically he is saying he does'nt know how much for and that the value is ever changing. That has to be one of the worst business things ive ever heard, so basically it's however much he decides he wants and it will change from week to week, they fucked up, we are in debt, they should sell for the debt imo, knowing that anyone who comes in has the outlay of a new stadium.

Typical Bill really, I don't hate him, I pity the fool and those who fall for his "biggest fan in the world" stance.

Bill Kenwright makes TV appearance after good spell of results shocker... the ego of the man is beyond belief.

Just get the club sold, 99% of fans aren't behind you, blimey has he caught the delusion bug from King Kenny?

Typical Bill really, I don't hate him, I pity the fool and those who fall for his "biggest fan in the world" stance.

Bill Kenwright makes TV appearance after good spell of results shocker... the ego of the man is beyond belief.

Just get the club sold, 99% of fans aren't behind you, blimey has he caught the delusion bug from King Kenny?

This is it for me, he actually manages to make Jose Mourinho look small minded at times, and we all know what his ego is like, Bill however takes it on to a whole other level. Edited by theprisoner

The way he behaves you would think he single handedly took us from league 2 obscurity to premier league winners... the reality is very different.

Back in 95 we were classed as mersey giants, sleeping giants etc etc, now we are 'plucky' 'punching above our weight' all of the condescending phrases that should be used for the likes of Swansea, Wigan, etc.

Dress him up as whatever you can or want to, the facts remain that he has had a poor tenure as a chairman, appearing on shows like he did is pure arrogance. How much is the club up for??? I would tune in to see that answered.

The way he behaves you would think he single handedly took us from league 2 obscurity to premier league winners... the reality is very different.

Back in 95 we were classed as mersey giants, sleeping giants etc etc, now we are 'plucky' 'punching above our weight' all of the condescending phrases that should be used for the likes of Swansea, Wigan, etc.

Dress him up as whatever you can or want to, the facts remain that he has had a poor tenure as a chairman, appearing on shows like he did is pure arrogance. How much is the club up for??? I would tune in to see that answered.

What 'facts' are you referring too?? You sound like Rafa frigging Benitez!! I love how personal dislike can colour objectivity... Here are some 'facts' for you - the club has not been a 'giant' in terms of consistently challenging for silverware for quarter of a century now; the football landscape changed massively with the introduction of the Premier League, and we failed to keep up, the fault for which lies squarely with Kenwright's predecessors, and especially Peter Johnson, during whose tenure we were reduced to the status of relegation fodder; compared to Johnson's reign, Kenwright's stewardship has seen us become a stable top-six or seven club, despite the obvious financial disadvantages we face, the return of European football to Goodison and us consistently competing for cup silverware, with three semi-finals in the past four years. Now here's an opinion - a couple of cup wins and a couple of runs te the latter stages of European competition, and I would say Kenwright's era at the club has been very good. Discuss

If I was chairman of Everton and in my time the only credible thing I had done was recruit a manager that has worked miracles on a shoe string budget I would not be boasting.

As a chairman who's job it is to get investment, strengthen the position of the club, enable ground developement, safeguard of assets etc he has been abysmal.

Kings dock, NTL, Fortress fund, Kirby, Increased debt, sale of bellefield, sale and now rental of finch farm, Increased debt, a mystery buyer in a 1 bedroom apartment - just seriously smacks of inept leadership.

Peter Johnson was a better chairman for reasons that he never saddled club with increased debt, he contributed a better net spend, he developed the park end and opposed the previous plan which was to make it single tier - unfortunately was too late. He also put wheels in motion that promted the opportunity for Kings Dock, something Kenwright opposed. Ah forget all that, he sold Duncan behind the managers back and was a liverpool fan... at least Bill is a blue and was in the boys pen.

If I was chairman of Everton and in my time the only credible thing I had done was recruit a manager that has worked miracles on a shoe string budget I would not be boasting.

As a chairman who's job it is to get investment, strengthen the position of the club, enable ground developement, safeguard of assets etc he has been abysmal.

Kings dock, NTL, Fortress fund, Kirby, Increased debt, sale of bellefield, sale and now rental of finch farm, Increased debt, a mystery buyer in a 1 bedroom apartment - just seriously smacks of inept leadership.

Peter Johnson was a better chairman for reasons that he never saddled club with increased debt, he contributed a better net spend, he developed the park end and opposed the previous plan which was to make it single tier - unfortunately was too late. He also put wheels in motion that promted the opportunity for Kings Dock, something Kenwright opposed. Ah forget all that, he sold Duncan behind the managers back and was a liverpool fan... at least Bill is a blue and was in the boys pen.

Really?? Well fair do's mate we all have our opinions but I have to say mine differ wildly to yours on that front. I'm not saying Kenwright is perfect and I acknowledge his biggest flaws have been exposed in his business dealings, but, to dig out a hackneyed old phrase, football is a results business and like it or not, under his reign things on the pitch have improved dramatically. I think its disingenious to suggest 'all he's done' is hire Moyes - why then does Moyes constantly come out singing Bill's praises? Their working relationship is a big factor that has alowed Moyes to do so well, a circumstance Moyes is always at pains to point out does not happen at many football clubs, and certainly wasn't the case at Everton when Johnson was in charge, who let's face it didn't have the best relationship with his managers, which to me is a pretty essential part of the chairman's role.

Maybe if the club reintroduce AGM's then the need for millitants like the B.U wouldn't be there...

If you allow the club to insult your intelligence then you really ain't intelligent to start with.

I would take offence to that if it wasnt for you..... I dont think the board are insulting my intelligence. I think theyre flawed and have made big mistakes, but which club/board hasnt

No offence intended to anyone, I just feel that we have come to expect the predicatble soundbites at expected times (season ticket renewals) allow the fans a forum to discuss issues, let them ask these uncomfortable questions, till then yeah, I think they insult us

....I just feel that we have come to expect the predicatble soundbites....

Kings dock, NTL, Fortress fund, Kirby, Increased debt, sale of bellefield, sale and now rental of finch farm, Increased debt, a mystery buyer in a 1 bedroom apartment...

Pot. Kettle67.gif .

Pot. Kettle67.gif .

Mine are based on the truth though Mike, Everton have created an air of scepticism that surrounds any sudden "several parties interested", "watch this space" announcements

Anyhows as it stands, i'm a little confused as to how a chairmen can go on that show - but hey, he loves a bit of publicity, he's on corrie soon...

Moyes goes on goals on Sunday every year at least once and kenwright was on because of the 10 years of Moyes 'celebrations'. Both were very honest and seem to have a genuine good relationship. I believe this relationship is part of why we have been able to keep most of our talents, etc. Look across at villa once again - they've had this take over we're all fantasising about - yeah but it would be different for us, we've got Moyes... The same Moyes who should have been replaced by Holloway when he was doing good, Coyle in his purple patch and now Lambert or Rodgers?! Some fans need to stop playing computer games and get real!