IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

I didn't look and I don't know, there have been a few 4-4s from years back, and I seem to remember a 5-5 from years past but nothing greater, fuck it, I'll have a look, I don't care...

... and I would never have got that for sure without looking

I'm not that old..

Leicester City 6-6 Arsenal in the old First Division on 21st April 1930. The highest score draw during the Premier League Era was 4-4.

Football League Tables from 1919-20 to 1939-40.

Sunday 27th May 2012:

Which of the 16 participating Nations at the Euro 2012 Finals doesn't have a single player included from its National League?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 27th May 2012:

Which of the 16 participating Nations at the Euro 2012 Finals doesn't have a single player included from its National League?

Must be rep of Ireland - all in english footie apart from the 3 previosly mentioned in this thread.

Edited by c1982

It's easy to forget the ROI are participating in this years tourney with all due respect, and I initially forgot all about them, and was thinking it could well be someone like Slovenia (I don't know all the teams involved or must have forgotten/didn't care) but now that it's been mentioned, that could very well be a strong case. It's been said before, but Ireland surely seems the answer, but c1982 can have the honors for that, I wouldn't have even thought about them to be honest.

It's easy to forget the ROI are participating in this years tourney with all due respect, and I initially forgot all about them, and was thinking it could well be someone like Slovenia (I don't know all the teams involved or must have forgotten/didn't care) but now that it's been mentioned, that could very well be a strong case. It's been said before, but Ireland surely seems the answer, but c1982 can have the honors for that, I wouldn't have even thought about them to be honest.

I will be supporting roi in all games unless they face England - they have earned their place in this tournament more than most especially when you think back to how France cheated them out of a place at south Africa. Add to that gibbo will be playing for them and I'll always look out for our boys.

Must be rep of Ireland - all in english footie apart from the 3 previosly mentioned in this thread.

Yes, The Republic of Ireland, who's 23 footballers play in England (20), Russia, Scotland and the United States.

Monday 28th May 2012:

Who was the last player to score in every round of the FA Cup from 3rd Round to Final?

Geoff Hurst, March '69, just before my ninth birthday.

I know because I was thererofl.gif .

So you're three years younger than me!

Yes, Geoff Hurst in a 5-0 England win against France at Wembley Stadium on 12th March 1969. Francis Lee and Mike O'Grady scored the other two goals.

Tuesday 5th June 2012:

Which four countries will compete in both the Men's and Women's 2012 Olympic Games football tournaments?

Oldham, Sheffield Wednesday for sure, i'll have to think for the other 2

Leeds City (1905-1915), Leeds United (1920-1971), Oldham Athletic & Sheffield Wednesday.

Thursday 7th June 2012:

Which five players selected for the Euro 2012 Finals have yet to win a full international cap?

Jack Butland hasn't and does the 2 minutes Kelly played count as a full cap? It shouldn't!!!

Kelly's does count as a full cap.

Jack Butland (England), Emanuele Giaccherini (Italy), Vladimir Granat (Russia), Ivan Kelava (Croatia) and Kasper Schmeichel (Denmark).

Friday 8th June 2012:

What was unusual about the 1985 FA Cup Semi-Finals between Manchester United & Liverpool and Everton & Luton Town?

i knoiw given is one...casillas must be close...no clue on the other

Iker Casillas (131 caps for Spain) and Shay Given (122 caps for the Republic of Ireland) are both correct.

One more to get...

Edited by THFC6061

Giorgos Karagounis? hes close to it im sure!

No, Iker Casillas (131 caps for Spain), Anders Svensson (127 caps for Sweden) and Shay Given (122 caps for the Republic of Ireland).

Sunday 10th June 2012:

How many different kit manufacturers are supplying the 16 Euro 2012 Finalists?