IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

What a bottle job that was. From Moyes and the players.

We were nothing more than OK in the first half, and that wasn't even for the full first half! We settled into the game much quicker than Liverpool and we passed it around well and did look to go forward, but how many times did we force Jones into a save? I really can't recall any. Our goal was handed to us on a platter, very cool finish from Jelavic though. Cue the usual complete and utter retreat though. From that point on it was Liverpool's ball to do whatever they wished with and that allowed them to settle. We got everyone back behind the ball and just started hoofing the ball up to Jelavic, but it just kept coming back at us time after time. Our lack of composure was completely embarrassing. We didn't even bother tackling them though which made it even worse. We'd wait for them to give it away and then instantly give it back to them anyway.

The second half was even worse. We came out exactly the same; sitting back doing absolutely fuck all and Liverpool were all over us. And just when it looked like we were getting a foothold in the game again Distin goes drops a major bollock like that. I wasn't shocked that he did it though; he's a calamity waiting to happen and is the French Joseph Yobo, i.e. he can show pure quality but you just KNOW there's a clanger in there and you're waiting for it to happen and hoping someone can mop up the mess so it doesn't cost us. From then on the players looked like they'd accepted the inevitable; that Liverpool would score again and win the game, that it was just a matter of time.

The horrible thing is that Liverpool weren't even that good themselves, it was a poor game in truth, and didn't actually test Howard much either, but they created enough chances to humiliate scoring wise if they'd been better infront of goal.

Devastated. Heartbroken. Angry. Pissed off. Take your pick.

Howard - Didn't have a lot to do.

Neville - He was completely hung out to dry by Osman all game long but, apart from maybe backing off a bit too much, he stood up to what Liverpool threw at him quite well.

Heitinga - I was surprised to see that some thought he hadn't had a good game, I thought he was decent but maybe that was more down to me being absolutely appalled by Distin's performance :(.

Distin - I thought he'd looked shaky all game tbh, like the occasion was too much for him. Suarez ripped him apart every single time. And then that passback to Howard... what a dickhead.

Baines - Meh, he was alright. Got forward a bit but his defending was terrible. I just hope his injury isn't too bad.

Osman - Another Wembley appearance where Osman is a bag of shite. He was OK going forward until we scored, but his defensive play was abysmal all game. He kept drifting inside leaving Neville completely exposed and didn't even bother trying to get back in position to help out, he just jogged when he should have been breaking his neck to get back.

Fellaini - Our best midfielder but that's really not saying a lot when the rest of them may as well have not been there. He at least showed composure to bring the ball down and keep hold of it (as usual).

Gibson - He never showed up. It's as simple as that.

Gueye - Totally overawed with the occasion and never got into the game. Also, he fucked Baines over by constantly letting Johnson go so they could play a quick one two to get at Baines.

Cahill - How he managed to still be on the pitch at the end is a complete joke. He was absolutely wank. He didn't win headers, he didn't get about the pitch well, didn't support Jelavic, his passing was atrocious... I think that's everything.

Jelavic - I felt so sorry for him because he put in another top performance for me. He battled manfully all on his own against the Liverpool defenders. He may not have got much out of them but he never gave up even when those around him had. His lin-up play was once again top notch IMO; he was always looking to play a one touch pass to someone. And he showed great composure for his goal. My MOTM.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much bang on there romey. Gibson, osman and Cahill really did piss me off yesterday.

Do i need to use the search tool to prove that me - a novice could identify that Cahill has showed league 1 characteristics for the past 2 years. I'm pissed off with people showing loyalty to him, he ain't good enough anymore!

Pretty much bang on there romey. Gibson, osman and Cahill really did piss me off yesterday.

Do i need to use the search tool to prove that me - a novice could identify that Cahill has showed league 1 characteristics for the past 2 years. I'm pissed off with people showing loyalty to him, he ain't good enough anymore!

It was a career ending performance from Cahill yesterday imo, he should be a bench player an nothing more from now on, having said that, god only knows how we are going to replace him. Edited by theprisoner

Apparently Barkley is a good player maybe he can do it? (can we get sarcasm font)

Agreed pris. Moyes may actually have to reopen his coaching manual once Cahill retires. Yesterday was like watching Ali versus Holmes. Sad, pathetic, embarrassing - but Cahill was never Ali and Liverpool are not as good as Holmes was so shite anolgy and typing on iPhone means I aint deleting and would much prefer to carry on writing this shite.

Feeling the pain today, lots of anger.

I thought Cahills form in the last couple of games and his linking with Jelavic was maybe just about good enough for Moyes to take a risk, sadly he was wrong!

Moyes wont improve if he can't accept his mistakes, recent history points to the fact that he doesn't.

It would nice to stay above the rs in the league but the temptation surely must be to get Duffy and some other youngsters some more games before the end of the season, give Anichebe a chance with a run.Might drop a couple of places, but you might learn something ready for next season.

Start to contemplate life without Cahill.....and get enough money to buy Pienaar.

gutted today and yesterday,agree with most of what mark says.osman has a good spell of form each season but never a full season and never against liverpool,hes just not strong enough for big games and goes missing.

one thing for sure moyes will now have to look at his ageing squad and wield the axe and bring in younger players.

Osman's best ever game was against united. Liverpool's midfield is not even close to ours (Spearing and Henderson wouldnt get near any top 10 side), the fault is purely down to Moyes negativity he must be the only manager in the league scared of them.

Wanted to say distin might have made the mistake for the goal and got all the stick but in all honesty the team played awful and we didnt deserve to win. They wernt even on top of there game but seriously our players need to grow some balls and play football properly we looked a team of fannys on that pitch why do we hoof it rather than pass it on and move its basic football we must play the worst football in the premier league and some how were still above liverpool thats alls i could take out of this season finishing above them cunts

Guest blueboy122

Just got back from a weekend in the capital. Before the game I thought to myself this is our year we can beat these kopites infront of thw whole world at wembley and show people a real football club with real fans, I say real football fans as I didnt hear or see any Northern Liverpool fans at all, obviously there must have been thousands but I was sitting in club wembley and they were all southerners and aisians, scandanivians etc etc who couldnt speak English I actually couldnt believe it the fact I didnt see one Kopite from Liverpool in my whole entire time in London, cant believe how true the sayings are about there fans. Anyway back to the game, when I saw the team sheet I thought jesues we can really beat these here today and as for the game itself when we scored I thought we were totally in control dominate and just looking for that second goal. Of course Liverpool were going to come at us a lot more after the goal which I admit we invited onto ourselfs more than we should have done but I thought we had weathered the storm and were starting to get a foothole back in the game and looking to grab the second and then......wham, we gave them the biggest lifeline of there life and that was it then I turned to my father and uncle and said, this tie is over and its only a matter of time before they score, I believe that every evertonain in that ground had the exact same thought including all of our players. I was in total disbeilf when the final whitsle went, I questioned myself "has that really just happened? are we out of the cup?" I was devastated and heartbroken.

Biggest Myth of footballing history: Liverpool have great fans.

Another poor display and an awful game (from both sides). I agree with the above comments in the most but I can't see how Osman gets as much stick as he does. I thought he had a poor game but yet again he's played on the right when I think everybody knows he's MUCH better in the middle. I think if he'd been given the Cahill role it could have been a different story. I've always been a big fan of Cahills but that still doesn't stop me from saying thanks Tim for your work over the years but I think its time for a change. I wouldn't want him to hang around and not get remembered for some of his superb performances (a while ago now).