IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

Agree with all of that Bailey. We had a really good spell leading up to the goal and then were crap for the rest of the game. I like Moyes but think he deserves criticism for this performance - tactics/lack of response in the 2nd half = poor.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they had to do was make the shite put on Sunderland shirts before the game, put on their players face masks and we would have walked into the Final in a few weeks. I simply can't get past the fact that we really could have won today, half time was the killer time, something went wrong thereafter. Liverpool are damn poor, they could have been beaten today, should have been beaten today, we had the advantage, they score through some rat faced snide and a player I simply don't recognize who isn't worth fucking shirt buttons never mind 35 million. I can't look beyond the fact it's an opportunity missed, today, cup side or not, we had the capabilities to win today, they are in the Final, we lost late on and it fucking hurts, feel like putting on the Rideout Final from 1995 and having a view right now, but there's no sense in that, we can't live in the past but it was an idea just now. I just wanted to remember what it was like to see this club win a trophy, but as said, can't live in the past.

Just think one or two players didn't have good games, there did seem a mindset change after the goal, up till then we did look the better team.

I just hope Torres score the winner against them in the final and we finish higher than them in the league.

We play better with Pienaar, fact!

It looked like a genuine chance for Everton today, but it wasn't to be. Just finish the league above them - there's every chance they'll lose the final.

I thought you gave them a real fright and fight, but in the end just undone by the 'uncertainty' of what to do with a 1-0 lead. For them, they had no choices to make, making it easier.

It really COULD have gone either way, it just wasn't your day today. Not bad given 200m vs 50m.

Working today so did not see the game, caught 3/4 of the game on the radio, from what I gather then this is all about us not turning up again. Why can Dogliesh get the most from his team and Moyes can't? Why do they start against us pumped up to fook and we just settle into things, I knew the shite would want it more than us, basically it boils down to leadership. Bollocks to the yeah we got to the semi but............... Why are our players not chomping at the bit from the off? Please someone tell me we didn't bottle it. Gutted, absolutely gutted, wish we had the killer instinct of Utd etc........ but we don't, thing was I really thought we would beat them today, bloody sick of being the nearly men. Sorry for the rant peeps.

Moyes was bemoaning defensive lapses but he doesnt seem to realise that we brought these lapses upon ourselves. Distin's back pass wasnt what cost us this game. We stopped doing the things that have made us play better in recent weeks. No pressure on the ball, sitting deep, lack of movement, slow build up play & aimless hoofs. The mistake from Distin didnt help of course, but Carroll should have had a hatrick himself and that wasnt all down to Distin... Or Coleman for that matter.

Well we threatened them in the first half and they didn't threaten us, so all we had to do was play the second half the same we'd played the first, and we'd have beat them, but we didn't, we sat back, we let them play and gain in confidence and put ourselves under pressure, leading to the fatal mistakes from Distin and Coleman.

I have to say though that I'm pleased we didn't go out of the cup due to a refereeing decision. I'd hate to have lost to them because of a stupid decison (like the Rodwell sending off earlier in the season). At least Liverpool beat us today because they were the best footballing side not because they were the biggest divers.

Hate Moyes' negativity though, we should have been 2-0 come 60 minutes and should be in the final, always next year I guess...

Jam tomorrow, Jam Yesterday, but never Jam today isn't it

Next year's a fat lot of good right now when we had an opportunity today to beat those fucks and give our supporters a day to remember, I actually felt sorry for them coming back from London, after letting an advantage go, to eventual defeat to those, because we seemed to stop playing second half or thought it was a done job by half time, reminded me then of them with Milan in '05 when the opposition became a bit complacent at the interval and thought it was good enough, Liverpool must have had more comebacks than fucking Frank Sinatra.

Face facts, the opportunity was there today, it's becoming repetitive almost, Moyes simply didn't deploy an attacking emphasis when it was needed, players dropped off and we paid for it in the end, all we needed to do was push forward and maintain pressure, go out to win etc in the second half and just maybe we could have been in the showpiece event in a month or two.

It won't happen now, another year without honors, I really don't know how long it will be before we win something again. 'Next year' is chicken litter when we had a perfectly good opportunity this season to do something. dry.png

How do you think I feel, I've never seen us win a major trophy. I was born in 1993 meaning that our last major honour (the 95' cup final) was one which I don't remember at all. So me and the other young fans around me have lived with relegation struggles and had to wait till 2010 till we got even a good crack at a trophy against Chelsea. I believe we are getting there but I just wish we could win something so that I could say I've seen Everton win some silverware.

Few thoughts

Don't agree that Everton dominated the first half. Don't think Everton were even the better team. Other than the gifted goal, Liverpool created the only half chances.

Jones in goal was one weakness that wasn't exploited, but Carragher's presence should have been the biggest target. Way past his best, but not tested.

Liverpool are much better than their league position suggests - bookies favourites today for a reason. Their season's been calamatous with shit signings not performaing, and the Suarez episode. But the core of players who have been there for a long time, plus Suarez & Bellamy, remain good players, better than most of Everton's.

Taking the piss out of the League Cup win over Cardiff is one thing. But they beat Chelsea away and City over 2 legs. Thjose confidently predicting an Everton win today are as guilty of the same complacency as the players.

Fair post Ablett but I think we had a right to be confident looking at the form going into the game, I for one don't think your team is that much better than the league position states nor is it that much better than ours, the difference being you have Suerez and Stevie g who are a cut above the rest, outside of those 2 you are not champions league material for me nor a team I would fear.

Edited by scouse

I don't even agree that Gerrard is a cut above the rest - he's been poor since 08/9.

But Agger, Skrtel & Johnson are three excellent defenders, all massively improved in the last 12-18 months.

And outside the defence, LFC might have returned a shit amount of goals, but the creativity has been there and the woodwork's been rattled as many times as the net's bulged.

The other point that often strikes me about derbies is Moyes. For some reason he can't resist stirring the pot before a derby, and it never seems to work. Apart from a few cheap thrills before the game for the fans, what's the point in firing up the opposition. Today it was the "we don't complain about refs", before the Anfield derby it was about money.

Moyes was bemoaning defensive lapses but he doesnt seem to realise that we brought these lapses upon ourselves. Distin's back pass wasnt what cost us this game. We stopped doing the things that have made us play better in recent weeks. No pressure on the ball, sitting deep, lack of movement, slow build up play & aimless hoofs. The mistake from Distin didnt help of course, but Carroll should have had a hatrick himself and that wasnt all down to Distin... Or Coleman for that matter.

Precisely

Was it the manner of the defeat that has everyone talking?

That game was there... it was so, so winnable. Jones and Carragher got off lightly yesterday, they should have been targeted and as soon as we let them back into the game it seemed we knew what would happen already... the players, the management and even the fans - we all went flat at 1-1. A huge missed opp and sadly we've made our neighbours look good again on a morning they announce a summer pot of £20-30m targeting young players... I don't know where we go from here, yes it was just a game but I think that it could be a really big game in terms of the future of the club!

I thought Osman had a good first half but was absent second. I was worried when they announced Coleman was coming on, tv cut to him and he looked lost on the sidelines - overawed - didn't inspire much confidence.

well u thought wrong. moyes lost us that game with his stubburn shite teams and shite tactics.

Where was drenthe??? Did moyes hate the fact that putting him on the bench would make him culpable for not bringing the one game changer we have in our team???

Drenthe is the opposite of moyes, exciting, disorganised, undisciplined, unruly, talented, raw, but ultimately a game winner. Moyes hates him and I can see why.

And whilst I'm at it, I know why drenthe has "issues" I know lads who work for Sodexo - they know people at finch farm. He likes the ladies - alot. One drops him off another picks him up, he is the Dutch Gary Stevens, has a crew of people etc etc. He probably has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany....

Where was drenthe??? Did moyes hate the fact that putting him on the bench would make him culpable for not bringing the one game changer we have in our team???

Drenthe is the opposite of moyes, exciting, disorganised, undisciplined, unruly, talented, raw, but ultimately a game winner. Moyes hates him and I can see why.

The repeating rumour seems to be that he was late for training last week?

The repeating rumour seems to be that he was late for training last week?

You know what??? he turned up... Moyes ain't shankley, stein, clough or ferguson. Run a tight ship - fair enough, but for fucks sake we ain't got anyone else like him!!! Dock him a weeks wages but make the team suffer???!!!

Moyes is at risk of being the father who ends up with a rebellious child because of his strict ways.

Drenthe would have peppered their goal yesterday with 30 yarders - fucks sake! Pissed off with him and moyes.