IGNORED

The Olympic football tournament

Guest Nikica

Richards seems to have gone backwards as a player now.

I'd say he's as poor as he's always been tbh, never rated him.

Is it just me that thinks Sandro was trying to head back across for the first goal?

Haven't seen it but I just wanted to say I thought the same thing about Jelavic's first goal against United at Old Trafford.

I've never rated Richards either, I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

I watched the Team GB/New Zealand game and not being sexist at all but I was really dissapointed with the standard of football. They both played really well in the middle but the finishing was beyond woeful, I saw the other games and they wern't too bad but I just expected a lot more from professional players - especially the national goalkeeper for Sweden who managed to get lobbed from 40-yards.

The Swedish team however make it all worthwhile, I'd love to be the manager in that dressing room.

Edited by Zoo

women's football is shocking..not even worth watchin..it's pathetic

the fifa joke sums it up perfectly

Totally agree marco!

Was watching it yesterday and it's amazing how bad the touch of the players is, especially whilst running with the ball and they're Internationals! Brazil actually impressed me, they looked to be quite inventive and technically capable even if they were playing against complete dross. Japan scored quite a good goal as well. But i saw 2 goals in the France vs USA game, were they shot from the edge of the box and i swear, the keeper could have ran to the other side of the goal and back and still saved them both! hit with no power what so ever, but they both went in!

I dont know why im bothering watching the mens tournament tbh, think im just starved of football tongue.png

Mike O almost went into Sean Connery mode a bit there

There seems no respite at all from soccer. Even after the Euro's ending and close season still upon us, matches still continue to take part, Yes it is a part of the Olympic event but even so. I feel something approaching apathy with regard to these Olympic fixtures, but there are games taking place, and while not all for it, and something of a pointless exercise I feel, I wish them luck in what they do but not really for me.

UAE have been immense this first half! dominated Uruguay... Suarez is getting in some last minute training for the high dive dry.png

I like the UAE team, they were outside the ground before the game meeting fans.. people were chanting 'U,A,E' during the game.. Suarez's every touch was booed :D

I don't think Spain are too worried about this, they weren't even taking this seriously. Olympic soccer games that mean next to nothing. For fucks sake, they just took part in Euro championships, won the title. so naturally they weren't going to bring a lot of effort into this. Do you think they care about olympics soccer games, of course not. Didn't Honduras cause an upset back in 1978 at the World Cup, it's something I remember. Bottom line is, Spain don't care about some insignificant soccer game when they are already euro champs. I don't care if the English do well, far less media coverage, but still think Uruguay will be outright winners, no reason to doubt them.

Spain were taking it seriously, they called up several of the squad from Euro 2012..

Senegal are possible contenders to win in my opinion, they beat Spain, drew with GB and beat Uruguay.. chances are they will beat the UAE too.

The Brazilian coach has been all but told he is out of a job unless his team win gold (The coaches don't receive medals).