IGNORED

The Olympic football tournament

Guest Nikica

Shocking how close Spain's fall from grace may be, they've gone out of this Olympic tournement without scoring a goal and losing agaist Japan (1-0) and Honduas (1-0). They did manage to avoid defeat against Morocco (0-0) but surely this Spain side should have been looking to the quarter finals at least, I think that once the stars from Spain like Casillas, Xavi, Iniesta get too old for their country Spain will be in big trouble.

Shocking how close Spain's fall from grace may be, they've gone out of this Olympic tournement without scoring a goal and losing agaist Japan (1-0) and Honduas (1-0). They did manage to avoid defeat against Morocco (0-0) but surely this Spain side should have been looking to the quarter finals at least, I think that once the stars from Spain like Casillas, Xavi, Iniesta get too old for their country Spain will be in big trouble.

Casillas still has 2 world cups in him. De Gea will be in his prime by the time he retires. They might have to play with strikers once Xavi and Iniesta retire though.

Glad you like it, I will be there for all the fri night games for Wales world cup qualifiers, take it you were ''up in the gods?''

Upper tier row 25....thought I was gonna need crampons when the steward pointed out our seats to usunsure.png .

Lot of chaos around the ground after....trains not running apparently...but we got out quite quickly and were in pole position to escape the park & ridesmile.png .

Team GB really are shit & only Cleverly looks more than just a very average player. The Koreans are the first team to press us and we constantly give the ball away.

Butland has had his moments but I cant honestly believe how he could completely miss the Koreans goal!?

Ramsey got away with the first pen but got exactly what he deserved with the second.

The Sturridge penalty was a joke, knew as soon as he walked up he would be cocky and spunk it up. No sympathy from me.

I loosley followed Team GB but not too much, we seemed to do OK and get the results when we needed them but not getting a medal is a failure IMO, we should be good enough to beat South Korea and we should be good enough to beat Brazil in the next round.

We should be getting at least bronze too as if we'd lost to Brazil I believe we should be good enough to beat Japan/Mexico.

What an absolute nob head Sturridge is. He hasn't earned the right to be that arrogant yet (probably never will because he thinks he's far better than he actually is).

If it was going to be any one that messed it up for us by doing something like that I'd have put money on it being that whopper. He needs a smack round the head.

What is it with the British and penalty kicks, there's something inherently wrong there, not only the national side but Olympics also. Didn't see the game, not all that interested, but I read briefly about the match in question and it was a last eight encounter and the Koreans dominated for large periods, all I know is the latter did well at International level a decade ago at their own World Cup so may have improved since then, the scoreline suggests they are no pushovers and held their own for a majority of the game. would have been something for the British team to get a gold medal for soccer, but that opportunity has passed, but seriously, I don't think many people (outside of the Team GB Camp), will be too mortified about last night's exit.

To be fair to Sturridge his was probably took our best penalty but got unlucky that the keeper went the right way. The other 4 were a lot further from the corner than his. Still a knobhead though who isnt good enough to play up top on his own.

What?!

He stuttered in the run-up and made it painfully obvious that he was going to put it to the keepers right. If he would have done a sensible run up like the rest of the takers then he would have probably scored.

If you look at Giggs (experianced) and his penalty you will see that he took a monster run up and put it high and hard into the left hand corner, Sturridge however chose to dick around and stroke it right in front of the keeper.

I'll back anyone up who has the balls to take a penalty but Sturridge has brought all this abuse upon himself.