IGNORED

How will Everton do next year?

Season 2012/13  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Everton will finish next season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th
    • 13th
    • 14th
    • 15th
    • 16th
    • 17th
    • 18th
    • 19th
    • 20th

Has this been posted so far?

http://www1.skysport...everton/profile

Also this?

http://www1.skysport...-season-preview

I really don't think Newcastle is 7th place material as demonstrated by our season ending flogging. The shites and we will vie for 6th me thinks

You English people always seem to think (or is it really hope?) Newcastle are shit. I remember plenty on here saying the same thing before last season. Reality is that they've got plenty of stand-out players (Krul, Coloccini, Tioté, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cissé), a couple of good ones (Ba, Jonas...) and they've further strenghtened their squad without selling anyone. Vurnon Anita for one is a really good holding midfielder. I believe they'll be right up there and we'll have to perform really well to best them.

Edited by Steve_E

You English people always seem to think (or is it really hope?) Newcastle are shit. I remember plenty on here saying the same thing before last season. Reality is that they've got plenty of stand-out players (Krul, Coloccini, Tioté, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cissé), a couple of good ones (Ba, Jonas...) and they've further strenghtened their squad without selling anyone. Vurnon Anita for one is a really good holding midfielder. I believe they'll be right up there and we'll have to perform really well to best them.

You know, watching the game right now against Tottenham, they're not bossing them around but they look good for their money. I'd wait for them to string together a couple more of strong displays before I consider them to be a serious threat to our European place finish hopes. Random observation: Pardew just pushed the assistant referee and got dismissed from the dugout. Bad form

I dont get why people will think they will struggle either. It will be hard for them to do as well as they did last time (as it always is after a good season) but they have quality players, a good balance across the squad and good options off the bench.

Newcastle deserve credit for recent acheivements, and the fact that they beat Spurs shows that they can nick results on so so days.

I still think a 2nd half of the season Everton is better than both Newcastle, Liverpool, and indeed Spurs, so if we get off to a good start we should be able to nick a Europa league place. I just hope United aren't on fire tonight and knock our confidence.

Guest blueboy122

Ta....done.

He also talks about who the "big clubs" were when he was growing up...

"Liverpool, United, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday"huh.png

Yeah I watched his video this morning. He is such a Moron, when where Sheffild Wednesday a big club, they were always at a good level when they played in the first division but never in the same calibre of Liverpool, United, Leeds etc. He was also saying that Arsenal arent a big club....Shut up savage. "Savage says" more like "Savage says shite"

Yeah I watched his video this morning. He is such a Moron, when where Sheffild Wednesday a big club, they were always at a good level when they played in the first division but never in the same calibre of Liverpool, United, Leeds etc. He was also saying that Arsenal arent a big club....Shut up savage. "Savage says" more like "Savage says shite"

Was also thinking the glaring omission (given that he was born in '74) was Everton. When he was 10,11,12 we were the best team in the country. Wednesday's stint in the first division in the eighties saw them reach the heights of 8th, 5th, 13th, 11th, 15th, 18th (relegated).

Not sure what he's on.

We've played two games so I think they're getting a little ahead of themselves. They were two very good games, mind, but still.

I was surprised with their response to the question myself.

Shearer said he thinks we're in a group of five teams who could get fourth (with Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs & Newcastle presumably). Can't argue with that and I'd back us against any of them on the evidence of the last weeksmile.png .

Long shot (although only 7 or 8/1 with the bookies so not that long).....man can dream!

When you look at our team, we have a very solid defence, and a very good midfield. Our achilles heel was our strikers, but we look pretty good in that department too now, so there is no reason we can't challenge this year.

We just need to bolster the squad, but this is difficult when you consider we can't offer high wages to players to sit on the bench like other teams, so Moyes still has a little work to do.

Consider losing Fellaini, Pienaar and Jelavic to injury, and we would be a very different team.

If the players can all stay fit and sharp, there is no reason we can't even challenge for the title, but our squad size will make that difficult. We have a good start on Liverpool and Spurs now though, and indeed Arsenal, so let's see where we are at Christmas.

We play Southampton on the 29th sep, the three games before that will tell us quite a bit.

If we maintain the present form and get wins against WBA, Newcastle and Swansea and do it without injury we could well be on a roll.

United, City and Arsenal don't look that great, City infact were there for the taking yesterday.

If we get top 4 have we the squad to get any where in the champions league, we certainly haven't got the money.

Let's just enjoy this good start, the lads are doing the Blue shirt proud, we've played some brilliant football, let's not look too far ahead.

MOTD 2 tonight both Mick McCarthy and Alan Shearer reckon we're serious contenders for Champions Leagueohmy.png .

We've played two games so I think they're getting a little ahead of themselves. They were two very good games, mind, but still.

stan collymore has said the same..think people are gettin a bit ahead of themselves..although it is nice to see the team actually get some recognition

When you look at our team, we have a very solid defence, and a very good midfield. Our achilles heel was our strikers, but we look pretty good in that department too now, so there is no reason we can't challenge this year.

We just need to bolster the squad, but this is difficult when you consider we can't offer high wages to players to sit on the bench like other teams, so Moyes still has a little work to do.

Consider losing Fellaini, Pienaar and Jelavic to injury, and we would be a very different team.

If the players can all stay fit and sharp, there is no reason we can't even challenge for the title, but our squad size will make that difficult. We have a good start on Liverpool and Spurs now though, and indeed Arsenal, so let's see where we are at Christmas.

gotta agree..this is the main problem..if we get injuries we're in trouble..our first XI could beat anyone but no one is lucky enough to have their first XI fit all season..except for perhaps newcastle last year who seemed to

If we get top 4 have we the squad to get any where in the champions league...

I think any team that finishes in the top four in the premier league will have the squad to at least play the group phase.....and have a decent chance of progressing at least another round (barring a very bad draw).

Even just that would bring in a fairly hefty bucket of cash.

Like Moyes said the other day, it's early days let's see what the table look like after 10 games, but we have a good chance this year, unless certain teams sign a shitload of players in the next few days, then we have nothing to fear from anyone, id just like to see us attack the shite like we did united when we play them this year.