IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Hafnia

Ive been watching the youtube videos again, theres a lot of nearly moments, more than the goals and assists, at least from what I saw (turned it off after 2 minutes though, hate Nickelback). Are we just getting excited that its a signing rather than who we are signing?

Hope im wrong....

Given the fact that he scored 20 goals in 25 games last season, there have been plenty of moments where he came a lot closer than "nearly moments".

Also:

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/toffee-scout-report-deconstructing-kevin-mirallas/

He has craft as fellow suitor Arsene Wenger will testify after he created 8 chances against the Gunners in Olympiakos’ ecl win this season.

I think just to get him in the stadium on Monday will be a nice "you ain't in the Greek league anymore son"

Chances are that type of game will let him know what being an everton player is all about. Goodison is the best stadium in the land for that. Better than old Trafford, anfield, sports direct (ha ha)

He will probably have a little wee in his undies if he gets introduced to the crowd at half time. Maybe AJ and our trialist will be there, just for good measure. Hope so.

he created 8 chances, how many where put away? and 20 goals in 25 games in the Greek league isnt the EPL.

I still can't see why you're so pessimistic. He created 8 chances, for himself and for team mates, which is clearly above average, against a very good PL side. And the 20 goals in 25 games illustrate that he clearly does have end product, even if they don't show it in those vids. And we're signing him for 6 milion pounds which can't get you 1/2 of Matt Jarvis. I think that's great business.

I still can't see why you're so pessimistic. He created 8 chances, for himself and for team mates, which is clearly above average, against a very good PL side. And the 20 goals in 25 games illustrate that he clearly does have end product, even if they don't show it in those vids. And we're signing him for 6 milion pounds which can't get you 1/2 of Matt Jarvis. I think that's great business.

im flying today and I hate flying, so Im not in the best of moods... But on top of that, im just trying to see the other side of the coin. Im excited by a new signing but truth is 1 game against Arsenal, 1 good season in the Greek league and a hit-n-miss youtube video, isnt enough for me to excited about him. Im really hoping he proves to be another bargain and its good to get a new face in, but weve been disappointed before.

That's the key for me, when you compare to to the frankly ridiculous fees for players like Jarvis, Fletcher etc. it looks a great bit of business.

Over to him now, really. He has one attribute that is really in his favour - pace. Even when your touch/movement isn't yet up to PL standard, your pace can always make you shine.

im flying today and I hate flying, so Im not in the best of moods... But on top of that, im just trying to see the other side of the coin. Im excited by a new signing but truth is 1 game against Arsenal, 1 good season in the Greek league and a hit-n-miss youtube video, isnt enough for me to excited about him. Im really hoping he proves to be another bargain and its good to get a new face in, but weve been disappointed before.

Well, it's two good seasons in the Greak league, just one great one. Of course he might not make it, but that goes for every player, with every transfer you take a risk. If you want someone who's proven himself in the PL for that money, you're not going to get it. And I think, having seen him play for the national team, that he might turn out to be a better player than a lot of the more expensive, PL proven talent. I'm not saying that he's going to have similar statistics to the ones he had in Greece here, because he isn't going to. But if we can get about 8 goals a season from a 6m winger I think that will have been a very good deal.

I agree Matt, we shouldnt get too excited till we see how he plays. But Moyes in the transfer market is usually superb, and only really has Billy as a black mark on his record. So i'm fairly optimistic about this one...

And so the transition from praying to doubting began, and the Lord looked down and shook his head, and he saw that it was Everton fans, and he looked upon them and shouted "Wait and flaming see thou scare mongering muppets !" and they were calmed, and positive once more, safe in the knowledge that Hibbo was gonna bag a brace on Monday.

You must not have seen Austin powers then, cos that's not true as Dr Evil was the son of a drunk, womanizing, self-improving Belgium baker, with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.

Look how that turned out?

Yea but that's fiction. In real life Belgians are people like: Kompany, Vermaelen, Fellaini, Dembele, De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku.

I don't know about any other results today, and not going to watch some damn boring fucking show to find out either. We don't play until Monday so what any other clubs do is their business, not really interested, but all the same, if the shite had a heavy defeat today, now had a look at the official site, and it says 'a 3-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion'. That is perfectly satisfactory. I am pleased enough.

I thought this new Rogers guy was supposed to be able to walk on water or something, or promised great things. Nice start to convince people.

Greetings to All:

Well, it would seem that this deal will actually come through since he made it over there for the medical. We've (Olympiacos fans) been wondering if/when the deal would be sealed or if Everton was used as a ploy to get Arsenal to swoop in and snatch him. I guess that, although a better fit at Arsenal (stylistically) he needs to approach this a step at a time, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, he aint in Kansas anymore. (Yes. Kansas being the Greek League)

By the way, I read a few pages back in a posted link his scouting report. ( Toffee Scouting I believe). It's pretty much on the money.

I quiet and disenchanted pup he was when he arrived a few years back (on loan) in Pireus. We didn't know what to expect exactly. We could see the quality from the pre-season friendlies but were not sure if it would blossom and fit into the "mold" and overall team "culture" of Olympiacos (to be victorious and play with pride). The kid worked extremely hard, often going to practice 2 hours earlier than anyone else practicing and honing his skills, and then staying an extra hour after practice. On his own - no coaches working on him. Eventually he gained confidence and took the starter's jersey home with him, becoming the fan favorite as he displayed excitement and finesse that the crowd loved to look for and get excited about. We knew he would "move on" to greener pastures eventually (he deserves to) so although we are bothered by it, it didn't come as a surprise.

Kevin (who played mostly left wing, then center forward and the least at right wing in a 4-2-3-1. The coach Valverde liked having reverse footed wingers who would cut in and create havoc, as well as swap sides during the game), was better at left wing than at the right. He was also good at CF but the stock of defenders in the EPL is sliiiiightly different than that in the GR League.

All in all, my take is, that with players like Kevin (their skillset) the determining factor to make or break it in the EPL is to "steal" the confidence of his opponents before they "steal" his. If he takes on the defenders with confidence and twists them around they will fear him. If he hesitates and they "rock him" a few times he will lose his confidence and be reluctant to push the throttle.

Hope this shed some light on the impeding aquisition and best of luck this season.

Ive been watching the youtube videos again, theres a lot of nearly moments, more than the goals and assists, at least from what I saw (turned it off after 2 minutes though, hate Nickelback). Are we just getting excited that its a signing rather than who we are signing? Hope im wrong....

2 minute too long. Mute.

huh.png

After months of scientific PI work, I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Kane is, in fact, either multiple people or afflicted with split personalities. Also, he's often hilarious. Can't argue with science.

Unveiling a promising new signing at half time of the first game of the season against United might be just the ticket to help us shake our traditional early season doldrums. Here's hoping.

Greetings to All:

Well, it would seem that this deal will actually come through since he made it over there for the medical. We've (Olympiacos fans) been wondering if/when the deal would be sealed or if Everton was used as a ploy to get Arsenal to swoop in and snatch him. I guess that, although a better fit at Arsenal (stylistically) he needs to approach this a step at a time, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, he aint in Kansas anymore. (Yes. Kansas being the Greek League)

By the way, I read a few pages back in a posted link his scouting report. ( Toffee Scouting I believe). It's pretty much on the money.

I quiet and disenchanted pup he was when he arrived a few years back (on loan) in Pireus. We didn't know what to expect exactly. We could see the quality from the pre-season friendlies but were not sure if it would blossom and fit into the "mold" and overall team "culture" of Olympiacos (to be victorious and play with pride). The kid worked extremely hard, often going to practice 2 hours earlier than anyone else practicing and honing his skills, and then staying an extra hour after practice. On his own - no coaches working on him. Eventually he gained confidence and took the starter's jersey home with him, becoming the fan favorite as he displayed excitement and finesse that the crowd loved to look for and get excited about. We knew he would "move on" to greener pastures eventually (he deserves to) so although we are bothered by it, it didn't come as a surprise.

Kevin (who played mostly left wing, then center forward and the least at right wing in a 4-2-3-1. The coach Valverde liked having reverse footed wingers who would cut in and create havoc, as well as swap sides during the game), was better at left wing than at the right. He was also good at CF but the stock of defenders in the EPL is sliiiiightly different than that in the GR League.

All in all, my take is, that with players like Kevin (their skillset) the determining factor to make or break it in the EPL is to "steal" the confidence of his opponents before they "steal" his. If he takes on the defenders with confidence and twists them around they will fear him. If he hesitates and they "rock him" a few times he will lose his confidence and be reluctant to push the throttle.

Hope this shed some light on the impeding aquisition and best of luck this season.

Welcome OSFP7 and a good post cheers for the insight.