IGNORED

Question about BvsR supporters?

Droobie

Everton's biggest rivalry is with neighbours Liverpool, against whom they contest the Merseyside derby. The Merseyside derby is usually a sellout fixture, and has been known as the "friendly derby" because both sets of fans can often been seen side by side red and blue inside the stadium both at Anfield and Goodison Park. The match is largely regarded as England's biggest domestic derby match.

I read this quote in Wikipedia, but coming from Australia, I had a question about Red supporters. I have many good friends here who are Red. But from what I've seen around various forums and websites, they seem utter knob-heads. Is this true on the streets around Goodison & Anfield, or just an online thing that comes out when it's Blue vs. Red?

Personally I like to get involved in banter with reds in america because they don't actually know anything haha.

But in England I have also seen or been involved with banter with other reds once in London and at least twice in Liverpool (i don't visit much) and we have been fine. I prefer to have the results show what we are made of and I don't think football should be the cause of any hatred.

The man that introduced me to Everton said he would always go to Everton games one weekend and Liverpool games the next just to watch football, but he would always root for the team against Liverpool.

Droobie, that used to be the case, back before the founding of the premier league (IMO).

Today, its become more bitter (between the two) because we've closed the gap on them. They're no longer the much bigger team in Liverpool and their squad is no longer brimming with quality...In the 90's they loved us...because we were shite. We weren't a threat to them.

Its different now, we're competing at a similar lever, their egos couldn't take that sort of criminal realisation.

But Ten, in the 90's our shit team used to beat them in a lot of derbies! Our better team now seem to lose more.

Got loads of red mates, we still argue over footy but never fall out. At the end of the day my mates are more important than footy. It can get heated at the matches, much worse than in old days, but its not that bad IMO.

But Ten, in the 90's our shit team used to beat them in a lot of derbies! Our better team now seem to lose more.

Got loads of red mates, we still argue over footy but never fall out. At the end of the day my mates are more important than footy. It can get heated at the matches, much worse than in old days, but its not that bad IMO.

I know dude, I just mean in general, league positioning and 'luxury' players wise, they still bettered us.

General topics Liverpool fans will show their true colours.

1) Scum of a squad- Gerrard is not a thug. Some of the match goers will admit he's past it. Suraes is a victim. Oh and they don't cheat and dive.

2) Underrated Best Players in the World - Finnan, Carragher(who they laughed at). Sissoko, Mascherano, Kuyt, Skrtl, Suares - apparently his 11 goals makes him as good as RVP because he hit the post a lot (the same amount as RvP but they miss that bit out). Borini (who they haven't even seen yet).

3) Heysel - ?? A Liverpool fan regardless of birth place will try to educate you about Hillsborough, even though though the victims we're both Liverpool and Everton fans family members. So more than likely you already know a lot more than them on this. Yet they give you a funny look as if you have just made a word up if you ask them what the club does for the Heysel disaster?

4) Referees are against them - As an Evertonian this one is hard to comprehend. They can name all 10 things that didnt got their way in a season. Some of these things may include a freekick in their own half that they would have scored from or a rightly called offside what they believe should have been a goal because they had been the better team.

5) Youth System - their amazing youth system brought through Carragher Gerrard Owen ect. Ask them who has come through in the last 10 years and they will struggle, even though they've had 3 next Zidanes (Pongolle, LeTallec, plus the onetime top paid player that is £60k a week Bruno Cheyrou) that they didnt shut up about. More recently there is Pacheco and Sterling who are yet to make an impact. They do have Kelly who looks like he could be the first one in a long time.

I used to know a handful of shite supporters and they were genuinely fine to get on with and there was never really any altercation - but that don't make it right. On a personal level, I simply don't like them, their 'won it five times' saturation gets damn boring after you've seen it/heard it more than twice. Also the missed opportunity of competing in the European Cup in 1985-86 with the great side we had because of some of their Idiot fucking supporters still rankles to a minor extent. I always get the urge to do something regrettable whenever I see one of their fans parading about in red colors. Maybe there is evident, some camararderie between some sets of supporters wherever you find them, but the general feeling of animosity will always be a feature.

Personally I like to get involved in banter with reds in america because they don't actually know anything haha.

Same for Canada. In my experience some of the more intelligent football discussion I've had were with a Real Madrid supporter (shocking, I know), a Bayern fan, Benfica fan and some Arsenal fans. Man Yoo, Chelski and Shite fans have been some of the most ignorant and idiotic people I've talked to about football (among other conversational topics).

In my last conversation with the kopite regarding football was when I got a series of texts when we lost the semi against them. It went something like this:

Kopite: jellibitch, u lst lol

Kopite: hw do u like them 35m then lol

Kopite: u thot it was bad buy ryt lol

Kopite: great asst frm dustin lol

Me: dude, learn how to type. And I'm glad Carroll finally came through for you, asshole

This is just one of the many retarded scenarios I have to deal with on a regular basis. Oh, we've had an argument on why Downing, Henderson and Adam were a bad purchase and why Dalglish has failed given the amount of money he spent and the results he achieved. I am not sure how one can argue this...

Same for Canada.

Same applies closer to home.

I'm only 250 miles from Liverpool but the ignorance of the vast majority of "reds" down here is laughable.....99% of them have never been further north than Bristol let alone visited Anfield! My lad used to get teased at school for being a blue but now he's more knowledgeable he can shut up a plastic fan in a sentence, Liverpool or whoever.

Exceptions are two of the mechanics at the local garage who look after my car....always in there for ages when I go round, decent respectful banter and they know what they're talking about; also regular match goers.