IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I like that I really do.

In that Queens Park Rangers have a lead at Manchester United, but you know damn well what's going to happen, but we'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Credit again to WBA in third place and in the European Cup places. They won't be there at end of season but at least they're safe from a relegation this season if nothing else.

Astle would have been pleased right now.

Just realised Bale went off injured today. Wouldn't mind him not playing next Sunday.

It appears he will be out for a fortnight, so should miss our match:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20570092

I'd rather he played as he's got little else than pace. He's useless against top teams that know how to defend at a higher level, can't remember him ever having much of an impact at Goodison. Main memories are the Phil Neville Twitter boom and the time he came on when Spurs were 2 up and he still didn't get his first win in a Tottenham shirt.

Ajax beat PSV 3-1 and are back in the Dutch title race. Viktor Fischer, an 18-year old Danish kid, scored one goal and assisted another after a great run. He's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games this season. Very talented young man, playing as a left winger thus far.

Ajax have got a bunch of Danish talent btw. There's also 20-year-old Christian Eriksen, a number 10 in the mould of Rafael van der Vaart who's already got 23 goals and 50 assists in 133 games for Ajax. There's 20-year-old leftback/centre back Nicolai Boilesen who did great when he first got in the team but has struggled with injuries since. And there's another 18-year-old winger waiting in the wings: Lucas Andersen, he's supposed to be brilliant as well but has yet to play for the first team.

Phil Neville....

"I don't think the Europa League interested Man City that much. They will probably be happy that they've gone out tonight."

Not really backed up if you look at the players they put out.

How did Dortmund get to be so good? No big investment....mostly German players....few big names. It's nice to see.