IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

So long as one (I had to do an edit) , 'team' beats the other, I can settle for that. I don't really want a draw in this scenario.

In recent times, I would have wanted Chelsea 100 per cent to beat the shite, but now, my feelings of distaste for both clubs is almost level.

Rogers will be well pleased with a draw in London though, and their fans may see it as one of the best results of their season, but still holding out for one side to beat the other.

Anyone see what happened after Suarez scored the equiliser? He ran to the corner flag to celebrate, did that for a bit, turned around to celebrate with all his team mates who were joining him by the flag when he noticed that all of his team "mates" were on the other side of the pitch. No-one celebrated the goal with Suarez. If you look at it again and freeze frame it a split second after he turns around you will see the surprise and dissappointment in the argies eyes as he realises that no-one wanted to give him a hug or a pat on the head.

If you look at it again and freeze frame it a split second after he turns around you will see the surprise and dissappointment in the argies eyes as he realises that no-one wanted to give him a hug or a pat on the head.

Uruguayansmile.png .

Wasn't watching but I'll have a look tonight.

Anyone see what happened after Suarez scored the equiliser? He ran to the corner flag to celebrate, did that for a bit, turned around to celebrate with all his team mates who were joining him by the flag when he noticed that all of his team "mates" were on the other side of the pitch. No-one celebrated the goal with Suarez. If you look at it again and freeze frame it a split second after he turns around you will see the surprise and dissappointment in the argies eyes as he realises that no-one wanted to give him a hug or a pat on the head.

1352655651923.gif

Hahaha :D

I don't see what the problem is, surely he was just making sure that the ball was going over the line? What if he left it go and the ball hits the post and goes out for a goal kick? Saying that I would have shielded the ball over the line for Wilhelmson to claim it, so I guess I don't know if I'm morally in the wrong here?!!!!dont%20know.gif

I don't see what the problem is, surely he was just making sure that the ball was going over the line? What if he left it go and the ball hits the post and goes out for a goal kick? Saying that I would have shielded the ball over the line for Wilhelmson to claim it, so I guess I don't know if I'm morally in the wrong here?!!!!dont%20know.gif

It might have been better if he'd knocked it in, then applauded his team mate?

I still don't get the Suarez one though. Carraghers header would have been saved, and it was a clear Suarez goal.

It might have been better if he'd knocked it in, then applauded his team mate?

I still don't get the Suarez one though. Carraghers header would have been saved, and it was a clear Suarez goal.

Yes it was his goal, i just think its funny that none of his team mates wanted to celebrate with him. Kinda reveals his status in the team.

I don't see a problem with the Keane goal to be honest, he's a striker and is paid to put the ball in the back of the net. The ball was probably going into the back of the net anyway but how was he supposed to know in such a small space of time? Maybe even the goalkeeper could have swung out an arm and pulled it away? The goal had to be scored and Keane made sure that it was, I don't see a problem at all.

Maybe even the goalkeeper could have swung out an arm and pulled it away? The goal had to be scored and Keane made sure that it was, I don't see a problem at all.

Could have happenedhuh.png .

Capturef.jpg

Possibly he had (in some people's opinion) justification for taking it.....but the problem is the reaction, taking all the credit when he was due little of it.

Imagine giving your mate a pound to put your lottery numbers on and he fecked off with the winnings (goal) and tagged you in the photos of his new stuff (the OTT celebration). Hard to justify Keane's actions imo, if the other player has a goal bonus in his contract I hope he's reported Keane for theft.

don't see a problem with the keane one..he's a striker...he wants as many goals as possible..i'd have done the same

I think mike0 hit the nail on its head, its not the scoring of the goal that does me in. Its the celebrations after. He could have gone straight up to Wilhelmsson and shown him some gratitude. Easiest goal in his career and he takes a 50 yard dash with all the trimmings.

Everton Football Club

Leon Osman and Leighton Baines confirmed to start against Sweden...

England: Hart, Johnson, Baines, Gerrard ©, Cahill, Caulker, Sterling, Osman, Welbeck, Cleverley, Young.

Subs: Jenkinson, Ruddy, Bertrand, Jagielka, Shawcross, Wilshere, Huddlestone, Zaha, Sturridge, Forster.

You have to ask yourself is that a 'don't inconvenience the top teams' squad. England team is a real mish mash.