IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Just noticed Liverpool's " team to play Reading at Anfield: Jones, Wisdom, Agger, ¦krtel, Johnson, Şahin, Allen, Gerrard, Sterling, Suso, Suárez." My first thought was who are they resting for their cup final next week, then I remembered they don't have anyone else haha they're so shit laugh.png

Mancini and Man City pretty much imploding in the CL. What with the zonal marking and the constant switching of formations/players its not exactly hard to work out why. If I had put as much money as the Sheikh has into this club then I would want someone to be doing a damn site better than he is at the moment, at least in Europe.

Again though looking through the CL & Europa League results, it doesnt look too favourably on the Premier League. Man Utd were the only team to win, but they looked poor for the most part, Arsenal toothless against Shalke, Chelsea outplayed in the Ukraine and Man City out worked tonight. The likes of us, Spurs, Newcastle and even West Brom/Liverpool should all thinking that the top 4 is possible.

1-1 at half time. Boëtius has been the star of the show so far. Pretty much everything he's done has come off. He's a nephew of Milan player Urby Emanuelson apparently.

Feyenoord have some quality talent. Jordy Clasie, Bruno Martins Indi and Stefan de Vrij (a 21 year old defensive midfielder and two 20 year old centre backs) are well established and part of the Dutch international squad. Then there's a couple of players who are breaking into the Feyenoord squad: 18-year old winger Jean-Paul Boëtis who's oozing class atm, 18 year old centre back Terence Kongolo, 18 year old forward Anass Achahbar and especially 17-year old creative midfielder Tonny Trindade de Vilhena.

I have a soft spot for Ajax and even own some merchandise alhough AC Milan is my favorite European side. I can't find out the result of the Feyenoord fixture, but really hope the Amsterdam side got a victory. Now that is, the very essence, of a full blooded and hostile derby. Makes the Mersey equivalent seem tame in comparison sometimes.

Just seen that in fact it was a 2 -2 score in Rotterdam, I was thinking Ajax were at home ? That must have been some environment...

Reading 4 Arse 1 at half time (45th minute Walcott goal making it a little less embarrassing).

Amazing when you think how strong Arsenal's league cup teams used to be....beat our first XI more than once.

Really looks like the club's in a bit of a mess....time for Wenger to go?

I wouldn't mind that Coquelin on loan. Defensive midfielder that's been spraying perfect 40/50 meter (I have no idea how many yards that is biggrin.png) passes.

Yard is about ninety-one centimetres so not a lot in it (43/54ish)wink.png .

Had to learn both when I went to schoolshaking fist.png .