IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Feel Sorry for Reading in that, and although they did well to score five against that opposition, the fact remains that once Everton decided the League Cup, or whatever the damn thing is called now (Capital One trophy ?), was not a trophy worth fighting for, and a surrender (once again) to lower league opposition, any interest I had just flickered out. Not really interested now in who does what in that competition.

Arsenal haven't won a damn thing in seven years so you can see where the motivation came from to get back into that, although I don't know what team Wenger selected. They need to win something soon, and this competiiton may be the only plausible route back.

"Jeers greet the half-time whistle at Anfield - the home supporters are not a happy lot. Swansea have given Liverpool something of a footballing lesson in the opening 45 minutes. They lead by a single goal but might have been further ahead with a little more composure in front of goal. Brendan Rodgers' current side are being out played by the team he built. Liverpool have looked ruderless in midfield and lacking firepower in attack."

I don't care much for the League Cup, but to be fair, what a few rounds of games the last few days.

However I feel personally, those games with Arsenal and Manchester United involved provided some incredible action and drama, and also there was some great upsets like Norwich and Swansea last night. If we were still involved, we would have had a great chance to finally ending our trophy drought I feel, but you still have Chelsea involved, and as much as it pains to say it, they do look like overall winners now.

Plastic cup for plastic teams would fit nicely though..

I wouldn't mind that Coquelin on loan. Defensive midfielder that's been spraying perfect 40/50 meter (I have no idea how many yards that is biggrin.png) passes.

Wasnt overly impressed with him myself. His passing range is decent but he isnt good enough defensively to be a defensive midfielder and he doesnt have enough about him to play as a true centre midfielder. He is decent but that is about it.

Wasnt overly impressed with him myself. His passing range is decent but he isnt good enough defensively to be a defensive midfielder and he doesnt have enough about him to play as a true centre midfielder. He is decent but that is about it.

Think he's gonna be a star. Showed all the attributes you need to me. He was dynamic, showed good pace and constantly positioned himself really well (in attack and in defense). He's got great feet, is constantly looking up, played clever short passes and a couple of great long diagonals... He clearly can tackle as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXCvrQcINBs

Edited by Steve_E

Brighton Hove Albion and Leeds United play off tonight in the championship league, that should be a good game and with a scope for some crowd trouble, but I hope Seagulls get a win tonight.

Also, bit in a tabloid today about how Joe Cole is being 'wasted' at LIverpool, and it's all a bit of a nightmare for a player who, ten years ago, was being labeled as one of the best ever.

Quite a fall for the kid.

Think he's gonna be a star. Showed all the attributes you need to me. He was dynamic, showed good pace and constantly positioned himself really well (in attack and in defense). He's got great feet, is constantly looking up, played clever short passes and a couple of great long diagonals... He clearly can tackle as well:

When he first came on the scene I thought the same, but I just havent seen anything else from him. He is another that I would say will be a decent Premiership midfielder but I dont think he will be anything more than that. Looking at the Reading game, a potential top midfielder would have taken some control but the game seemed to pass him by (although maybe that was due to those around him). Its not as if he is that young anymore being 21.

I am a harsh judge though tongue.png

Referee has pissed me off. The leeway Man U get is ridiculous, Cleverley should have been off. Wilshire wouldn't of got his first yellow if the ref had blew for the foul on him instead of turning a blind eye to it. Also would any opposition of got a pen for handball for that at OT?

What was the attendance ?

I thought we held lowest attendance against Wimbledon in 1993 ?

Swansea have scored against plastics and it's 1-1 now. Go Wales..

damn annoying when threads go static also.

This could be a satisfactory day for results from what I can ascertain, but still some time remaining.

Fulham have fucking scored at the end of all things, just said on 5 Live.