IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

A few years ago I would have prepared for this game by drinking a lot of beer, screaming at the telli. Getting leary.

Im now apparently really old and mature because tonight ive got Creme Brulee on the go in the oven instead.

What the fucks a telli ?......and ive, should be i've, maybe im should have been i'm....but oh well your not the sort to point out printing errors are yourofl.gif .Get your own house in order!

I'd ask why the need for another pointless and immaterial friendly game tonight, that's about the sixth time now this autumn, what's with all these damn boring and non event soccer games that go nowhere and with no end product ?

And what if one of our players get injured tonight in Gothenburg or wherever it is, and we have someone out on the inactive roster because of this said non event? Can you imagine Ferguson having a rant at the FA if one of their prize players get's taken out tonight.

Pleased for Osman, good for the kid to get a first call up, but another unnecessary fixture all said and we have a game on Saturday?

I don't like England soccer games much in my defense. Hurry up and get this over with etc

I'd ask why the need for another pointless and immaterial friendly game tonight, that's about the sixth time now this autumn, what's with all these damn boring and non event soccer games that go nowhere and with no end product ?

And what if one of our players get injured tonight in Gothenburg or wherever it is,

You really are the most negative person on this forum and it's in Stockholm, in the intimidatingly named, 'Friends Arena'.

Peter, did you see Hodgson's interview in Swedish?

Edited by Kohen

Was anyone more impressed with Ibra's second goal tonight, or am I on my own? A Fellaini-esque magnet chest, with a great finish to boot.

For some reason Hart doesn't get the press bashing the previous 'keepers had, showed he is no better than any other English goalie. Maybe some of the sheep will open their eyes now.

Was anyone more impressed with Ibra's second goal tonight, or am I on my own? A Fellaini-esque magnet chest, with a great finish to boot.

For some reason Hart doesn't get the press bashing the previous 'keepers had, showed he is no better than any other English goalie. Maybe some of the sheep will open their eyes now.

As much as Ibra had a good night, I've seen him have bad ones too. Sometimes things just go well, and last night was a good example. It is important to remember that the England side playing last night was nothing like the side that would have been playing had it been the final of a tournament. Hart is a good keeper. No keeper is perfect, as it's often a case of guessing correctly, and also working with the other defenders well.

I think Hodgsons approach to the job has so far been lacking any difinitive plan, and the amount of players playing in the team under him has been puzzling. Playing for your country should not be about grooming players for the future. It should be about playing the best players, with proven form and reliability, and ensuring they play as a team well. Gradually introducing new faces in a way that does not disturb the momentum. Each year, new players knock on the door, and each year, players lose form, but to tear the whole thing up and start again is asking for trouble.

I don't think some players wherever they are care too much about these games sometimes, you read some reports that certain individuals would rather be somewhere else than participating in certain non events.

Actually had a quick glance through last nights fixtures, and while you can't read too much into these games,

France having a win in Italy was a surprise but how much were they actually trying ?

Grudge match with the Netherlands and Germany had a no score draw

Saudi Arabia held Argentina to the same score ? Even bet Messi, Tevez and other star names weren't included

United States got a 2 -2 in Russia. Damn well quite pleased with that, they're a good side, but once again, was it a real effort ?

Scots got a narrow win in Luxembourg. Did anyone bother to turn up for that even ?

Spain hit five over Panama, which while a trivial exercise, still demonstrates what a good side they have.

That was, 'Today's International Soccer action'

As much as Ibra had a good night, I've seen him have bad ones too. Sometimes things just go well, and last night was a good example. It is important to remember that the England side playing last night was nothing like the side that would have been playing had it been the final of a tournament. Hart is a good keeper. No keeper is perfect, as it's often a case of guessing correctly, and also working with the other defenders well.

I think Hodgsons approach to the job has so far been lacking any difinitive plan, and the amount of players playing in the team under him has been puzzling. Playing for your country should not be about grooming players for the future. It should be about playing the best players, with proven form and reliability, and ensuring they play as a team well. Gradually introducing new faces in a way that does not disturb the momentum. Each year, new players knock on the door, and each year, players lose form, but to tear the whole thing up and start again is asking for trouble.

I think he has done alright to be honest. Generally there has been the same core and he has tried different people in different games. I still think he picks 'top 4' players too often but at least he is willing to give some players a chance. I would be interested to know who will start in the next round of qualifiers if everyone is fit.

I agree with you about Ibra & Hart though. Hart was poor but there was clearly no connection between him and the two CB's.

Finished 1-1

Good results for us this weekend, with the above draw, Spurs loss, and Newcastle loss. Arsenholes and Fulham drawing too.

Followed by ....... dont%20know.gif

Fuck that, just fuck it.. dry.png

So goddamn predictable, little insignificant nothing clubs with no histories, fuck your nothing results.

That's the end of it

And then today .......... doh.gif

Arsenal 5

Tottenham 2

Full Time !

But they're still two points behind.

blink.png

I didn't mind too much that Arsenal had a standout win over Tottenham, I don't like either side too much, but in these scenarios it's better when one side beats the other.

Look at last weekend, when the plastics and shite, two teams I genuinely fail to recognize, played out a (predictable) score draw and lo and behold if that wasn't enough, another side I don't like too much had a victory, and it all culminated into a raging fury.

That was 'todays soccer action'

I should just divorce myself from any other action today, doesn't take long for the red mist to appear or something that genuinely irritates, but if Norwich get a win over MUFC today, haven't they done well lately, and what with Lambert leaving too. We play these in a week or two, and it's at home I think, and there could be more trouble ahead if we once again don't take our chances. - Or have another disaster of a match official etc.

We are making it hard for ourselves sometimes if we really want champions league soccer next year and there's some very decent opposition out there that some will berate or trivialize, but will cause problems to any side on their day.