IGNORED

Our next transfer move?

Avinalaff

So, players such as Rodwell, Cahill, Drenthe, Straqualursi, Yobo, Baxter, Silva (possibly Barkley) and a few others leaving, how will this have an effect on our squad, and which positions should we be looking to bolster while the window is still open?

If Baines leaves, where does that leave the squad?

Can we really afford to pay wages for loan players, or should we bite the bullet and buy?

Baines isnt going anywhere. Overall i think we're looking very promising especially attacking wise, definitely the strongest we've looked in a while. Personally i would still like another Winger and maybe another CM as injury to more than 1 of Osman,Fell or Gibson and we would be looking quite short, but i'd be quite happy if Mirallas was our last signing and we go into the season as we stand now.

By the time the transfer window closes we may be shorter on numbers than when we started but I really think our squad will have more quality to it. So we'll have to hope we don't get too many injuries.

I don't think anyone else will be leaving and I think we'll definitely bring one more in, maybe two.

Edited by Romey 1878

So, players such as Rodwell, Cahill, Drenthe, Straqualursi, Yobo, Baxter, Silva (possibly Barkley) and a few others leaving, how will this have an effect on our squad....

None of those would have been in our first XI anyway, and signing Naismith & Mirallles plus the possible emergence of Junior & Vellios more than offset.

If Baines leaves, where does that leave the squad?

Baines won't be going anywhere.

Same as what Romey said... Quite happy with the squad so far - no need I think for any 'big name' signings. Perhaps DM can look at some diamonds in the rough - ala Cahill from Milwall. Don't have to spend big, just bolster the squad and look to building for the future.

I still think Left Back not having Senior competition is an issue, regardless of Baines leaving or not.

There is competition within Central defence, and midfield, and hopefully in the strikers, but time will tell. For me, I still don't see a natural captain successor, nor a dominant creative midfielder.

Sessegnon would be high on my list too.

I still think Left Back not having Senior competition is an issue, regardless of Baines leaving or not.

There is competition within Central defence, and midfield, and hopefully in the strikers, but time will tell. For me, I still don't see a natural captain successor, nor a dominant creative midfielder.

Sessegnon would be high on my list too.

Heitinga would be a great captain i think, im with you on the creative midfielder though. Sessegnon is too much like Pienaar for me, only not as good. Sunderland would ask a fortune for him anyway because he's probably their best player.

None of those would have been in our first XI anyway, and signing Naismith & Mirallles plus the possible emergence of Junior & Vellios more than offset.

Baines won't be going anywhere.

Pretty much this!

Less wages and players who let's face it apart from Rodwell wouldn't have been staying or could made an impact as such.....

I think We will sign Niang and maybe another player on loan possibly Johnson??

I was thinking that we could use another CM for extra cover but with Osman likely moving back to the middle I think one of Niang or Johnson could be good. But wouldn't hurt to get someone central as well as another winger

I agree the thought of Pip or Heitinger in midfild genuinely fills me with dread. Lookig forward to seeing Junoir play thouh as he reports from pre season say he is one to watch.

Edited by London Blue

Alas no, either the site is having a problem or my internet is having a turn for the worse as not everything I type is appearing. Its like my words are being dictated by that crap comedian with the dodgy mike that used to cut out fom the 80's

The site is slow as heck for me, so not just you.

Internet Explorer is terrible. I can't even 'paste' without pressing 'control + V'.

Good left backs are rarity, especially ones who can bring so much to attack likes Baines, he's worth more to us as a player than his supposed transfer fee. See how Garbutt progresses and maybe sell in two years for £12m, other than that no chance. I imagine pienaar would suffer too.

We do need another striker as Anichebe and Vellios aren't options for me. Is Jordan Rhodes worth a punt? Bit overpriced but certainly has potential.

We do need another striker as Anichebe and Vellios aren't options for me. Is Jordan Rhodes worth a punt? Bit overpriced but certainly has potential.

I think We are more then fine for options upfront, We have Jelavic Mirallas Naismith and I think Vellios is more then capable of stepping up if need be as He has on the rare occasion.

I'd much prefer Vellios to Rhodes tbh I think if Vellios was at a lower league club and had time to settle I'm sure He'd has a very good goal ratio.

Oh and Vic as much I'm not a fan of his he is a half decent impact player.....so all in all we have 3 good options and a raw talent in Vellios and Vic

Yeah I forgot about Naismith to be honest, I guess i'm looking at it if Jelavic got injured then have we got a proven goalscorer? I think Naismith may be that person (hope) but not sure what moyes has planned for him. My thoughts are he will play off striker ala cahill.

Anichebe ain't a goalscorer - can be a nuisance but not really got goals, and I think Mirallas will play right wing.

One more striker me thinks

I'm a little unsure. I think we could go into the season with Jelavic, Mirellas, Vellios and Anichebe to cover the forward line.

If I was Moyes i'd only want loans in now. If we could get Johnson in on loan we would have serious competition in the three areas behind Jelavic.

I can live with Distin as cover for Baines, Neville is also decent cover.

We have a pretty solid squad all over for me.

In terms of a captain to progress, I wouldnt mind if Fellaini or Baines were made captain after this season. The captain doesnt need to be a big mouth in the team, just a leading influence. Both of these players lead with their performances, and maybe the extra responsibility of being captain might make them more vocal anyway.

Just my opinion.

I wouldn't mind us rivalling Swansea for Ki or looking at other 'complete' cm options. Many people don't like felli playing off Jelavic but it showed once again last night that it worked - it's where he often plays for Belgium too. Someone like Ki or dare I say Adam (at the right price) would allow Felli to play higher up and Neville to be more of a back-up.

Alternatively a big man like Dempsey could do Felli's job (not as effectively) off the striker. I certainly think there's another signing in the cm or acm position costing up to £5m and then maybe a couple on loan.

As much as I'd like Neville to be more used as a back-up can you really see Moyes doing that with his captain this season?

I can see him being used as rb against 'lesser' or 'mid-table' teams but it's given that Moyes will have him in there against the top 4 teams and to be fair it works.

I'm quite happy with hibbo or nev at rb - both steady and have different qualities (one of Neville's being leadership).

I can see him being used as rb against 'lesser' or 'mid-table' teams but it's given that Moyes will have him in there against the top 4 teams and to be fair it works.

I'm quite happy with hibbo or nev at rb - both steady and have different qualities (one of Neville's being leadership).

I just think that with Fellaini having stolen the show higher up the pitch it's taken the Neville headache out of the equation for Moyes i.e. he can now play him week in, week out in midfield because there's a free spot.