IGNORED

Our next transfer move?

Avinalaff

Neville did good bits and bad bits. Generally protected the defence, intercepted the play quite well on occasions and did the simple things right but at the same time, he was very slow at closing down for most of the game and he didnt track his runners.

I think there are players in our squad who could do what he did but better and bring more to the table. Although I would partially say the same about Gibson as well.

As for signings, Im not really sure what we need. It depends on how good of a job Moyes thinks Barkley & Silva can do. If he doesnt think they are up to the task this season then we should be looking at getting a midfielder in who is solid defensively, but is also happy bringing the ball forward. Manny Fernandes is one people have mentioned (if he hasnt already signed for someone else) or at least someone of that ilk who wouldnt cost too much.

We look to have options up front now that we have Mirallas on board. Im sure Vic, Velios & Mcaleny could do a job if needed for the odd game or two if Jelavic got injured and Mirallas wasnt up to speed. We can always re-evaluate that area in January.

At the back, we dont have much cover at LB and again it depends on how ready Moyes thinks Garbutt is. We do have Neville & Distin as options but I am not especially keen on the latter being moved there because he looks like a CB playing at LB!

As for signings, Im not really sure what we need. It depends on how good of a job Moyes thinks Barkley & Silva can do.

Didn't we sell him in the off season? Maybe Junior you're referring to? I am not sure how much Moyes will rely on Barkley to be honest - all the talk of loan he might want him to get first team action in a lower division before he gets his chance? We'll have to wait and see I guess...

Didn't we sell him in the off season? Maybe Junior you're referring to? I am not sure how much Moyes will rely on Barkley to be honest - all the talk of loan he might want him to get first team action in a lower division before he gets his chance? We'll have to wait and see I guess...

Francisco Santos Da Silva Junior.....so there's a bit of silva in theresmile.png.

Haha yeh thats the chap I meant... I knew something wasnt right when I wrote that!

Francisco Santos Da Silva Junior.....so there's a bit of silva in theresmile.png.

Haha yeh thats the chap I meant... I knew something wasnt right when I wrote that!

Has anyone caught any reserve matches since he joined? How does he look? I had never heard of him before he signed, and to be honest I still havent heard much about him.

Has anyone caught any reserve matches since he joined? How does he look? I had never heard of him before he signed, and to be honest I still havent heard much about him.

He looked excellent in preseason this year. To be honest, it was the first I had actually seen of him, barring a few highlights from reserve matches on the OS. Defensively he seemed strong and didn't shy away from any tackles. Had a nice strike against Morecambe, too.

Round has said they still hoping to add more players as a bit thin but if don't they happy with squad they good. I read that as will keep saying looking then after window closes will say we tried but couldn't get any more

I only understood that round said that we will be getting more players... We better get more players!! there is still more than 7-10 million left depending on who's price for Rodwell plus the amount we got for Yobo and those other young players.