IGNORED

Southampton - Home 29th September

Hafnia

Some good combinations across the park today, Mirallas and Coleman, Mirallas and Fellaini, Fellaini and Jelavic, Osman linked up well with the play today, thought Pienaar had a quiet afternoon though. We do still look a tad dodgy at the back though, which is unusual for us as that's usually one of our strongest points, but we are so confident going forward at the moment i think the boys at the back just aren't getting enough practice :D

I said 4-1 before the game kicked off so I wasn't a million miles wrong, I thought that we bossed the game from start to finish and fully deserved the three points. Southampton got lucky with their goal due to some poor Everton defending but as soon as they scored we looked like getting an equaliser, we bossed the first half and went into the break with a deserved 3-1 lead which we did well to hold onto in the second half.

All in all it was a top performance from our lads and one which washes away any worries following the Leeds game, onwards and upwards from here!

Awesome for the most part today. However if we play against better teams like we did for the 2nd half we will get punished.

I see Peinaar was absolutely stuffed last ten minutes, Fellaini was at half speed too. Oviedo ran about but to little effect really. Once Jeli had gone we lost impetus and they came back at us...a bit worrisome for the last 15 mins and they had a few chances. Lucky that they were worse than we were by then:)

All in all though 3 points without too much bovver.