IGNORED

Southampton - Home 29th September

Hafnia

I think it is a bit hard on Vic if he gets dropped. I'm not sure he shouldn't get the 45 minutes. I think Heitinga is out of form too. Why play Osman again, who has been shit?

Heitinga is playing because Jags and Distin don't work that's why, but i agree with you on Osman, Vic should have kept his place instead. Edited by Simon

I think it is a bit hard on Vic if he gets dropped. I'm not sure he shouldn't get the 45 minutes. I think Heitinga is out of form too. Why play Osman again, who has been shit?

Anichebe has a chest infection. How can Heitinga be out of form? He's only played 2 games and has been no worse than the other two centre halfs. As for Osman, we have no one else to play in his position.

Edited by pete0

Harsh on Vic, but Jelavic is a quality striker and needs to get games in and hopefully goals. Osman has played ok, but he needs a Gibson type player to protect him and feed him the ball. Ball retention will be key and Osman is very good at taking the ball and passing to a team mate.

Capt Phil in the middle is a worry but we dont have any other options. I just hope that we sign Hitzleberger or Nigel Reo Coker who is on a free. Or that Junior and Barklay are given more game time and ready to play their part in the campaign.

I'm glad that Heitinga is playing as I think once he gets some games in he and Jags will be a very good partnership. I like Colemean as an attacking full back as he gives extra attacking options for us.

I think we will be too strong and Southampton who I like will be too porus in defence. 3 or 4 - 1 to us

As long as Vic isn't left out completely for like 6 games in a row as has been the case in the past, he'll be okay. He should feature regularly as a sub. I'd prefer Jags and Distin as well. Osman hasn't been shit imo.

With that XI I'd rather see Neville at right back, Coleman right mid and Felli dropped back to defensive mid....Jellytot up front with Mirallas supporting.

So would I, but Fellaini now tends to get more advanced and we cant have him roaming up leaving gaps. If he can hold position and only go forward at the right time it would be very good selection. I think Mirallas will drift inside anyway and coleman with his pace will offer support on the wing.

With that XI I'd rather see Neville at right back, Coleman right mid and Felli dropped back to defensive mid....Jellytot up front with Mirallas supporting.

I'd like Coleman at rb now he's starting - give him a chance to prove his worth in his 'natural' position. He wasn't tested vs Swansea and was poor vs Leeds but give a little run until Hibbo's back at least. We could do with Felli deeper but in my opinion the attacking 4 of Felli, Pienaar, Mirallas and Jelavic is one of the best in the league and will win us most games when playing well.

I'd like Coleman at rb now he's starting - give him a chance to prove his worth in his 'natural' position. He wasn't tested vs Swansea and was poor vs Leeds but give a little run until Hibbo's back at least. We could do with Felli deeper but in my opinion the attacking 4 of Felli, Pienaar, Mirallas and Jelavic is one of the best in the league and will win us most games when playing well.

I just don't want Neville in midfieldcrying.gif .

Anichebe has a chest infection. How can Heitinga be out of form? He's only played 2 games and has been no worse than the other two centre halfs. As for Osman, we have no one else to play in his position.

He has been naff in both games in my opinion, and certainly no better than the guy he replaced. I was being polite. I should have said the diry stamping git should be banned, but I felt 'out of form' was more appropriate.

Capt Phil in the middle is a worry but we dont have any other options. I just hope that we sign Hitzleberger or Nigel Reo Coker who is on a free. Or that Junior and Barklay are given more game time and ready to play their part in the campaign.

If we had Hargreaves than that question wouldn't pose itself. (spare yourself of any injury-comments. I'm aware of it and I find it rather irrelevant given the nature of his proposed contract.)

Chelsea result not to bad - they are going to be up there anyway - Arsenal , Liverpool and Tottenham our main rivals for top 4 position. Really hope we get our 3 points today.

Well looking at Arsenal today, I have to say if Everton finishes above them, they probably finished above their class. That, or Arsenal collapses or becomes completely inconsistent.

Well looking at Arsenal today, I have to say if Everton finishes above them, they probably finished above their class. That, or Arsenal collapses or becomes completely inconsistent.

They're very weak at the back and have no out-an-out goal scorer, lacking a box-to-box midfielder as well. There won't be much in it come the end of the season.

Feck sake, routine corner. Howard gone for a burton.