IGNORED

Fulham

Kev627

We're not the only club to be leaking them though. Even United and Chelsea are looking 'leaky'.

The only teams that aren't conceeding many, are those that aren't playing the football we enjoy. Teams like Stoke (no disrespect to Stoke).

If we wanted to keep more clean sheets, we'd have to play less attacking football. full stop. at this moment in time, there isn't one team who's playing both.

Man City, who, if we remember are the current PL title holders, look really shakey at the back. It's all come from the openess created by the surge of attacking midfielders that have appeared over the last 2/3 seasons. To a lesser extent, full backs are becoming vastly more attacking, which leaves you vunerable at the back.

If we use Stoke as an example, would you say Stoke have some great attack minded fullbacks? no. and they're not conceeding too many.

The game is opening out. Wingers are finally wingers. Midfielders finally don't really on strikers to put the ball in the back of the net. and you know what? I like it.

Rather see us win 5-4 or 7-5 every week than winning 1-0 and playing some horrendously ugly sh*te.

Whoever we put out, chances are will get left exposed. Not because of our midfielders not doing their defense duties, but because the game's evolved and taken a much more passing, open game.

You could put Matt Hummels in our team and you'll find he'll have struggled against Suarez last week. It happens.

We're not water tight anymore. But that's not through the want of trying.

Just look at the amount of attacking talent some teams have in the middle of the park, even those you wouldn't think of having a player of thier calibre.

Southampton, who lets be honest aren't as good as they used to be, have Gaston Ramires FFS, one of the brightest young talents in the league (who admittidly hasn't quite lived up to the hype just yet but will) and possibly Europe.

Swansea have Michu, Second highest goalscoring midfielder in LaLiga after Messi and Ronaldo for 3 seasons(?)....at Swansea.

Some years ago, their midfields whould have consisted of unknown names, not technically gifter but good players who'd be lucky to get national recognition. So playing a team like Swansea 2/3 years ago, from Everton's perspective, would have been alot easier to keep a clean sheet against. Now they have Dyer, Michu and Hernandezl; all threats.

We're not the only club to be leaking them though. Even United and Chelsea are looking 'leaky'.

The only teams that aren't conceeding many, are those that aren't playing the football we enjoy. Teams like Stoke (no disrespect to Stoke).

If we wanted to keep more clean sheets, we'd have to play less attacking football. full stop. at this moment in time, there isn't one team who's playing both.

Man City, who, if we remember are the current PL title holders, look really shakey at the back. It's all come from the openess created by the surge of attacking midfielders that have appeared over the last 2/3 seasons. To a lesser extent, full backs are becoming vastly more attacking, which leaves you vunerable at the back.

If we use Stoke as an example, would you say Stoke have some great attack minded fullbacks? no. and they're not conceeding too many.

The game is opening out. Wingers are finally wingers. Midfielders finally don't really on strikers to put the ball in the back of the net. and you know what? I like it.

Rather see us win 5-4 or 7-5 every week than winning 1-0 and playing some horrendously ugly sh*te.

Whoever we put out, chances are will get left exposed. Not because of our midfielders not doing their defense duties, but because the game's evolved and taken a much more passing, open game.

You could put Matt Hummels in our team and you'll find he'll have struggled against Suarez last week. It happens.

We're not water tight anymore. But that's not through the want of trying.

Just look at the amount of attacking talent some teams have in the middle of the park, even those you wouldn't think of having a player of thier calibre.

Southampton, who lets be honest aren't as good as they used to be, have Gaston Ramires FFS, one of the brightest young talents in the league (who admittidly hasn't quite lived up to the hype just yet but will) and possibly Europe.

Swansea have Michu, Second highest goalscoring midfielder in LaLiga after Messi and Ronaldo for 3 seasons(?)....at Swansea.

Some years ago, their midfields whould have consisted of unknown names, not technically gifter but good players who'd be lucky to get national recognition. So playing a team like Swansea 2/3 years ago, from Everton's perspective, would have been alot easier to keep a clean sheet against. Now they have Dyer, Michu and Hernandezl; all threats.

Fair point, but you only have to look at the games in Europe to know that the league isnt as good as it used to be. Teams might be more open and playing better football BUT a well organised team that can balance attack and defence will still do well. Teams in europe arent all going all out to attack. From what I have seen, the German teams especially, are incredibly well balanced with lots of flair and creativity alongside tough defensive minded players.

When I think back to the top Utd teams, the Mourinho Chelsea teams and Arsenals unbeatables each side was brilliantly balanced (especially Chelsea imo). If you look at these sides now, then there are a lot of weak links in the back four and in the defensive midfielders (Luiz, Mikel & Romeu at Chelsea, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael & Carrick at Man Utd & there isnt really any one at Arsenal anymore).

Everyone wants to see more goals being scored but I would rather win every game 1-0 than get the type of results we are seeing at the moment.

I think its going to be a tough game today. I believe Everton will win but not while keeping a clean sheet.

2-1 to Everton. Jelavic with a brace. Fulhams swedish youngster Kacaniklic will score Fulhams goal. Watch out for his antics. He is just as tricky as Mirallas and also loves to run with the ball and take a shot from a distance.

I dont know if he has become known in england yet but i think he will become well known. Swedish papers write alot about him. Probably due to the lack of swedish players in the prem but also because he deserves some attention. Has made his national debute and did it really well.

Im hoping he has a bad game today

Im somehow feeling confident today. Ofc, my confidence nees Mirallas, Felli and Peanuts on midfield. I wouldnt mind at all, if Peanuts would be playing as CM, hes played there before and done great job. Mirallas looked absolutely great vs rs before had to go off. Bit selfish at the times, but still creating a lot and moved the ball up by himself. Creedy for goals, doesnt scare of trying from long range either. Like him a lot already. Mirallas, Peanuts, Felli, Osman, Coleman, would be my 5 players line on midfield. We also have been playing good lately at Craven Cottage, even fulham is tough to beat at home. COYB! Back to the road of victories! 1-3. Russian robot for them and Mirallas, Felli and Distin for us.

One things pretty certain, it's not going to be 0-0! Fulham can go top 4 if they win, so ideas of an easy game need to be forgotten.

Draws really aren't that much use, check out Sunderland, they've only lost once but they just can't win games.

I'd give Coleman another game even if Hibbert is fit, go for the win.