IGNORED

Fulham

Kev627

....giving them a head start pissed me off.

You're not wrong there....so predictable.

Josh and I sat here and both said (when they got the free kick), "OK, dominant start....time for us to concede."rolleyes.gif .

If we get off to a flyer we're going to destroy someone soon....Sunderland would do.

Think Jelavic just needs a goal....bouncing in off his arse would be good enough; he's still getting in decent positions and getting chances so I'm sure he'll turn it around soon.

Unlike other strikers we have had in the past, at least he is still working hard and making the opportunities. He does make so many good runs and he is still a handful for the defenders. Like you say, hopefully one rebounding off his arse and finding the back of the net will do the trick!

Maybe a sign of a good side when we can go to Fulham and be upset about only getting a point, whichever way you look at it.

What I mean is, regardless of circumstances, if we had been offered a draw before time, most would have accepted a share of the spoils ?

Taking into account our dismal record at the stadium going back far enough also. Yes we should have won, gave away a sloppy goal at the very end, they got away with an undeserved point, but that was one way of looking at it. I think maybe also we could hand someone a beating in the (near) future with all the chances created. But it won't be Arsenal or Norwich you have to say.

Good report there Romey, i think the team just needs a bit of a kick up the arse myself, and keep Mirallas and Fellaini fit. As for Howard i think he has been a great servant to the football club and on his day he can be amazing, but your just never too sure with him at times, we have been linked to that Jack Butland kid for a while now, so Moyes is obviously looking for progression in that department.

Lovely report Romey - i hope some of the Everton staff read it - and get a few tips - i just get the feeling that the confidence level in the team as a whole is not where it should be - they are making small mistakes at critical times at both ends of the field while dominating most of the rest of the game - something the captain or the coach needs to sort out if we want to capitalise on our potential - we certainly have the goods - we just need to produce it .......

Gotta say the first goal was a joke, I think Timmy is solid goalkeeper but nothing extraordinary. I don't think he is great at crosses and his distribution is average maybe i've just been spoilt growing up watching Nev and then watching Nigel Martyn. We havent got the money to spend on Butland unless its on the never never, mind you if Birmingham dont go up theyre parachute payments stop i think so he might be cheaper than you think. Even so i wouldnt mind getting somebody like Shay Given as back up if Villa want him off their wage bill or isnt Craig Gordon still a free?

Just now watching the replay and seen the whole lead up to the Ruiz goal. Quite unbelievable that we weren't ahead by then, if we had been, game might well have been over. In terms of the free kick itself, it looks like at least three players are a bit guilty. Felli takes the throw and gives a weak pass to Pienaar, whose touch is poor giving it away. Osman misses the early challenge leaving Neville to try and clean up. Berbatov is really clever with his movement there and gets a foul out of nothing, just dink the ball aside and runs into Neville really. Howard then flaps at the free kick, which was good, but not good enough to be flying in like that. Anyway, just thought it was hardly Neville's fault as he was left out to hang a bit there.

The free kick Baines swung in from the corner of their penalty box, I'm pretty sure Heitinga literally jumped out of the way to avoid putting that ball in. Incredible.

Absolute shame Naismith wasn't able to poke in Felli's deflected shot, hit it at the only place Baird could get to.

How on earth Osman got a yellow for his tackle on Petric is quite amazing. Clearly won the ball by a half yard and Petric goes over like he's been shot. Can't say I noticed any other suspect decisions, but that certainly seemed harsh.

What a strike and save from Felli on the volley. if he's got that in his locker he'll be unstoppable.

Edited by chicagoblue

Just before this sails over the horizon, and the game is still fresh in the memory,

I read yesterday that Timothy Howards 'goal' was the 666th own goal scored in the premier league since it's inception in 1992 and that Everton Football Club have the record for most own goals scored in the history of the EPL (38)

You have to be in it to win it.

I didn't understand that at all. The relevance was, so soon after Halloween night and an unwanted statistic.

It was a surprise to me that the club is ahead for the number of own goals though, I don't remember too many ?

My point being only the teams who have spent the most time in the top flight are likely to set top flight records.