IGNORED

Fulham

Kev627

2 goals from 15 shots on target is not good enough. should have had this game won ages ago.

This.

Not fucking good enough! we've given them a footballing lesson all game and yet again we come out with just a point! Jelavic needs to pull his finger out as well because judging by his body language after some of his missed chances, he didnt look particularly arsed.

How frustrating... We dominated that game, defended brilliantly for 85mins and completely stopped them from playing & I cant stand it when managers try and change something that is working. Mancini does it for City and Moyes has done it here today. We werent having any problems but as soon as you bring someone else in there you just cause confusion. Players arent entirely sure where they should be and who should be doing what. Such a shame.

Some great performances overall but that is tough to take.

We started the season well but I think this game shows we'll be finishing 8 or 9th, some good games, some bad, a distinctly average season. mellow.png

I think this game shows we'll right up there. This was some of the best football I've seen this year, and a lot better than what our rivals for 4-7 are serving at the moment. Fulham just got really lucky.

I think bringing on Distin caused confusion. Who should drop? who should mark? Etc.

Such a stupid goal to concede with just a few minutes to go.

Fair go to thier keeper, what a game he played. The reflex save from Fellis volley was the sweatiest save ive seen in a long time.

Everton played a brilliant game once again and should have had the three points. To many of these misses might see us not qualifying for europe.

The wings were brilliant. Great to see but whats happened to Jelavic? Seems to have no confidence and his first touch lets him down again and again.

Naismith really should have closed the game with his chance at the end

Felli is my man of the match but several players deserve praise. Jags, baines, osman pienaar and mirallas all played really well. Coleman had a great game until he lost the ball for Fulhams second.

Were it not for the brace i would have given it to Jagielka who was excellent all game.

I think this game shows we'll right up there. This was some of the best football I've seen this year, and a lot better than what our rivals for 4-7 are serving at the moment. Fulham just got really lucky.

My optimistic self wants to agree with you, but these early goals and late equalisers are happening too often to be seen as nothing more than bad luck. I think it may be complacency or lack of confidence in their own ability to see out a game or to have a go from the start. There seems to be something missing mentally if we really want to challenge for 4th place.

we are our own worst enemies - scoring 3 own goals in 3 games - conceding the first early goal in i think 5 games and drawing games we should easily win - we boss everything but the scoreboard - Jelavich is a shadow of the player he was last year and our defense is just crap - we were taught a defensive lesson by a lesser team today - Neville is a total walking goal - FOR the OPPOSITION - destined for mediocrity if we keep on playing like this - sorry i am just very disappointed - for about the 4th game in a row and today i can't even blame the ref !

As Steve_E says, we are certainly playing better football than the almost all the teams around us. Only Chelsea & Man City have played some decent stuff at times, but again both of them aren't in full flow yet either and Newcastle are a bit hit and miss as well.

I get the feeling we will be up there at the end, but I also cant help that dropping points like we have in the last few games will really cost us having a special season.

Yes we are in effect, in a European Cup place as it stands, but prizes are given out at end of season, not just after Halloween night.

If it wasn't for that damn Fulham goal they hardly deserved, it would have been a good day for soccer results with action elsewhere but while it still stings and recent in the memory, I think before time, some would have taken a draw at Fulham, an awful venue for results in previous years, and the fact remains, we came so close to the win today and some fuck scored at the last minute when we could and should have won.

27 efforts on goal today for us. Missed a number of chances, gave away a sloppy goal at the end, feeling irritated still in actual fact.

Moyes was on 5 Live just now giving post match thoughts..

There 'are' positives to be had in a 'pint half full' kind of way:

We are proving we can come from behind and don't give up.

Nobody was injured.

We are back in a European place.

Liverpool play Newcastle.

Next week, we are at home to Sunderland, while Arsenal play Fulham, Spurs play City, Liverpool play Chelsea, and Newcastle have to play the Hammers, so as long as we win, we will put distance between quite a few teams.

Coleman impressed, and he's still learning.

Mirallas is geting up to prem speed so too is Naismith.

Seems like we can pass our way through to strike on goal......or we can go long and cause panic in opponents penalty area.Variety is the spice of life, keeps the game exciting.I see no problem with either and if you can do both, why not!

Played some fantastic passing football again today, if it had been our day today in front of goal we would have thrashed them.

Quietly confident we can beat Sunderland next week and they had another setback today..

But yes as mentioned above, there are positives to be had - we came within moments of getting a win at a difficult venue, we should have won too, still in a very good position, other teams in the vicinity slipped up, and subsequent games have teams in rival positions playing each other.

May even risk a watch of match of the day later of all things (Manchester City will need to win tonight), but that late goal they (Fulham) scored will be tough viewing.

Sunderland at home next week, and they havent scored in 8 hours of football.... If we concede against them we really do have defensive problems laugh.png

Sunderland, Reading (A) then Norwich and Arsenal at home...eight/nine points minimum required if we're seriously going to contend for fourth. We'll be favourites for every game though so twelve would be better.

Favorites against Arsenal and even at Goodison Park though ?

Hmm not sure about that one.

Sunderland H - win

Reading A - draw

Norwich H - win (and they are doing well)

Arsenal H - draw

But you never can tell what will happen, but I'd be very surprised to see 12 points taken from those four fixtures.

To be truthful, I can't remember the last time that 'Everton were favorites to beat Arsenal', you'd maybe have to go back to the 1980s being serious.

Yes they had a loss today, haven't won a thing since 2005, but still remain a dangerous side with some good players and they are a mammoth club in themselves, a giant in stature, and they did hit seven the other night and what a comeback that was too.

We can only wait and see what happens, and we must not under estimate Norwich City also.

I don't really like them, but they are doing really well, and have a good side and it's going to be difficult for us regardless of venue.