IGNORED

Fulham

Kev627

Fulham is a hard place to go and get a result but we've done it in the past. We'll go there on the back of a good result against Liverpool in a game which we could easily have won, if we go there with the fighting spirit that we displayed in the derby we'll get all three points.

Hope Mirallas is fit but doubt he will be - any which way we'll win.

Fulham can be a very good team on their day, and more often that not they are much better at home. They have a lot of technically gifted attacking players and when they click they will put pressure on any team and considering we are somewhat vulnerable in the centre of midfield and at the back we could be in for a long day. I would definitely be looking for Fellaini to play in front of the back 4. They have so many players who thrive in that space between the midfield & defence that we will have to be at our strongest and Im confident the big man would dominate them.

I do think that they are a little weak at the back, and pressing them high up the pitch & stopping them from popping the ball around will be important. If we let them get it into Ruiz & Berbatov's feet then we will struggle. If we force them to pay it long, neither of these will even attempt to get involved in the game.

If we have any ambitions whatsoever of competing in the CL, then we have to start picking up 3 points again. We need get our arrogance & ruthlessness back.

Clean sheet has to be focus. If we can get back to a solid defensive outlook we'll be back among the wins in no time. Jelly needs to get back firing. If there's any risk of worsening Mirallas' injury I'd be tempted to leave him out, we're definitely going to start building play around him and we'll need him well fit for that. Any chance of Gibson's return?

2-0 Pienaar and Naismith

What's the sense in 'playing safe for a draw'. Where's the attacking emphasis and 'going out for a win' ?. It's a relief our manager doesn't have those philosophies..

Wait a damn minute..

Let's focus on what we know. Craven Cottage is a poor venue for the club, we have an awful record, they are a bit of a mixed side, blow a bit hot and cold, and therefore haven't been too different from ourselves this season. We certainly have the capabilities to get something this weekend, but that venue is a concern from previous experiences and that could be the deciding factor.

Fulham 1 Toffees 0

What's the sense in 'playing safe for a draw'. Where's the attacking emphasis and 'going out for a win' ?. It's a relief our manager doesn't have those philosophies..

Wait a damn minute..

Let's focus on what we know. Craven Cottage is a poor venue for the club, we have an awful record, they are a bit of a mixed side, blow a bit hot and cold, and therefore haven't been too different from ourselves this season. We certainly have the capabilities to get something this weekend, but that venue is a concern from previous experiences and that could be the deciding factor.

Fulham 1 Toffees 0

We've changed that over the last few years, 2 wins and a draw.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fulham-fc-everton-fc/vergleich/basics_2225515.html

Slightly off topic, I've just noticed we had a played named Walter Whitecool.png

We do not need Pienaar in the middle. He should play wide with Baines. Should be no other options. Id rather see Mirallas play behind Jelavic. Felli needs to be back in midfield alongside Osman or Gibson.

Mirallas' last performance was up there with our best showings this season, 20 goals in Greece from that position, it would be mad to move him. It would also give the team more balance. Pienaar would also benefit from being able to pass with his natural foot http://i.minus.com/ibd6PVOTNEpALt.gif

I would get carried away with one performance. It was his best game so far since arriving, but even then I thought he was a bit greedy and should have laid it off to someone else in a better position on a couple of occasions.

He has played on the left for parts of games before and not made the same impact, so I am more inclined to think he just raised his game more than him being better suited to the left.

I would get carried away with one performance. It was his best game so far since arriving, but even then I thought he was a bit greedy and should have laid it off to someone else in a better position on a couple of occasions.

He has played on the left for parts of games before and not made the same impact, so I am more inclined to think he just raised his game more than him being better suited to the left.

Agree with this, i think his best position is in behind the main striker, he can just take the ball and run at the centre backs.

Our stars need to shine for a change and our defense must tighten up - we must stop conceding first - we need to dominate with confidence but must not be caught on the break- some of our defenders are not the fastest around and have to stretch to get back in time to stop a counter attack - if Fulham wins they go past us on the log - that is how important this game is - ful stop

Our stars need to shine for a change and our defense must tighten up - we must stop conceding first - we need to dominate with confidence but must not be caught on the break- some of our defenders are not the fastest around and have to stretch to get back in time to stop a counter attack - if Fulham wins they go past us on the log - that is how important this game is - ful stop

We probably have the quickest back four in the prem judging from last weeks starters Baines, Distin, Jags, and Coleman. Although you could argue that their positioning gets them into trouble.

Didn't notice him being greedy at all. Thought he was brilliant. Dribbled with ease and put in a lot of pacey crosses into dangerous areas. I'm not just saying that the left wing is his best position based on that game btw, I'm doing it based on his entire career, and the Liverpool game just sort of confirmed that to me. Even if what he tries isn't always going to be as succesful as it was against Liverpool, I think it was noticeable that playing there comes much more naturally to him.

Nothing less than a win should be accepted after the last 3 games. To be honest after the draw at Newcastle I thought to myself 'no need to worry, we should have 7-9 points on the board after playing Wigan, QPR and Liverpool'. Only three points from those games will hurt us a bit when it's time to play the upper sides, even if we do have an awesome record against most of them.

On Mirallas I think he does brilliantly up until he attempts to finish, at which point three out of five times there'll be someone in a better position. Against Liverpool when he made that barnstorming run from half way and tried to blast it past Jones, he had Felli square of him just begging for a pass, and he would have tapped it in. It's that final ball he seems to be missing, seems to get carried away in his own brilliance and doesn't know when to quit. That being said, I'd much rather have someone who has a go than go back to the old pass it to Baines, cross it in game plan. That shit was getting tedious, even Moyes said he was sick of watching them.

My team would be:

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Mirallas Osman Felli Pienaar

Naismith

Jela

Unless Gibbo is fit, then move Felli/Osman up front and bench Naismith.

Didn't notice him being greedy at all. Thought he was brilliant. Dribbled with ease and put in a lot of pacey crosses into dangerous areas. I'm not just saying that the left wing is his best position based on that game btw, I'm doing it based on his entire career, and the Liverpool game just sort of confirmed that to me. Even if what he tries isn't always going to be as succesful as it was against Liverpool, I think it was noticeable that playing there comes much more naturally to him.

There was a couple of times he has made great runs to get to near the byline but instead of cutting it back for someone who was unmarked (I think one was for Felli & the other was for Jelavic) he tried taking the shot on from an angle that was too tight. Its nice to see someone with that determination to score but he just needs to learn to get his head up a little more in my opinion.

You maybe right, I admit that I have never seen him play in Greece or for Belgium but I got the impression he was playing up against Liverpools weakest area and he made the most of it (as good players do). I dont want to sound like I am knocking the guy, but I would just like to see him do it consistently before I get too carried away.

I think the jury is still out on Mirallas.

He has been played in several positions in his short time here, and with it we've seen different results. I'd be inclined to think once we get Gibson back he might be settled into a more regular role. If we can get another midfield player too we should start seeing better results.

I think the jury is still out on Mirallas.

He has been played in several positions in his short time here, and with it we've seen different results. I'd be inclined to think once we get Gibson back he might be settled into a more regular role. If we can get another midfield player too we should start seeing better results.

mirallas is going to be a top player he's hardly even got into are team yet he looks one of our best players give him a few games. i remember a few on here saying fellaini wasnt up to it waste of 15 million look at us now we wouldnt want rid for 30 million, were lucky to have got mirallas he could have went to a better team if it wasnt for fellaini

I agree Mirallas is going to be a superstar. My team:

Howard

Hibbert Jags Dystin Baines

Ossie Felli Peanuts Oviedo

Mirrallas

Jelly

it wont be that team but a clean sheet is a must. 0-2 jelly and mirrallas

just think we need to defend properly and get back to basics

That is exactly it Tricky Trev. The end of last season our defense was unplayable at times. Heitinga and Distin played well together, but for some reason we are letting easy goals in, not going towards the players, giving them loads of space. I do think our attack is good enough to see out the game but if we defend anything like we did in the Wigan, QPR and Liverpool game then I am afraid it will be another draw. Lets hoping I am wrong. COYB.

That is exactly it Tricky Trev. The end of last season our defense was unplayable at times. Heitinga and Distin played well together, but for some reason we are letting easy goals in, not going towards the players, giving them loads of space. I do think our attack is good enough to see out the game but if we defend anything like we did in the Wigan, QPR and Liverpool game then I am afraid it will be another draw. Lets hoping I am wrong. COYB.

Controversial - but I'd say Heits & Distin > Jags & Distin