IGNORED

Reading

Kev627

Not going to even bother with one of the above responses.

What the fuck is going on up there today, losing with time running out, and another cunt of a referee ?

Really can feel the blood rising now, just can't abide soccer sometimes.

and that Le Fondre kid, weren't we after him at some stage in time ?

Just going to struggle through to the end of game, but irritated right now, I can't even be bothered with any other scores

Another disappointing afternoon, and game we should have won.

This is doing my damn temper no favors

All i want to say is that we were absolutely shite at second half, and we need to get this dickhead off from our games. It aint first time and it wont be last time that asshole denies our penalties and then gives pen for other team. He has some serious issues against us. End Of.

Speechless.

It's the best way to be sometimes, however some things are too much to bear in silence

Ok, what have we got. Game over and a defeat from a game we really didn't deserve to lose and another shit performance in general from a match official, that was less than impartial ?

I thought before time, today would be tricky, but never expected to be beaten.

Really missed out on a chance today to keep that grip on 4th place and some other sides in the vicinity also dropped points.

Reading got their first win of the season today, at our expense.

It's still only two defeats for us all season but today was hard to take and not the first time either at 90 minutes we have been spitting fucking feathers.

Disappointed, frustrated, a bit fed up, another lousy afternoon with wasted potential.

That's about it

Sure we were terrible in the second half, but every other damn team on an off day seems to be given the opportunity to get across the line fairly when decent, standard refereeing of a match is implemented. So why arent we given that basic right?? It seems like we have to flog a team beyond reasonable doubt to get the three points with some officials because we are just robbed of rightful calls by officials.

Newcastle, Wigan and now Reading. I hate complaining about refs, I hate it when other people complain about refs, but at the end of the day you shouldn't fucking have to because if I can see a foul or a handball in the box on the other side of the planet via a damn box, why can't the damn trained professional who is ten yards away!?

2 points each against Newcastle and Wigan, 3 against Reading, we should be tied with Man City on 27 points, 1 point off the pace. Instead we're sitting below fucking West Brom on 20.

Excuse my language, apologies if anyone is offended but I can't stand refereeing deciding the outcome of sport.

Edited by Pearso

I do not like to take games for granted but this was a game that Everton should never lose, especially if they want to be a top 5 team this year.

I am sick and tired of having **** refs officiate for us and like someone above me mentioned, I hate using refs as an excuse for losing a game as well. Having said that, the game would have been completely different if we were given those penalties as the score would have been 2-0 or even 3-0. I think we bury this Reading side if we are given those penalites

But instead because of the refs (and our lack of ability of putting the ball in the back of the net) we were only one goal up and gave them the belief that they were in the game and came out with a fire, just like I expected them too. Everton on the other hand looked like deers caught in the headlights and were not ready for it. One free kick and a penalty later, we are left with zip zilch nada.

And yes, I am fuming. It looks like I need to take a cold shower now...

excuse me? No more of that please.

On the game - disgraceful second half.

Sorry if my language offended you, man. I don't really wish a life-threatening disease on the man. But, seriously, fuck him. Gooners article says it all.

That said, we can't blame the loss ENTIRELY on Atkinson. We were wasteful. Could have used his helping hand as much as Reading did though.

I feel a bit uncomfortable coming on here at all after the match, but it's certainly not to gloat. I wasn't there in person, but by all accounts Reading didn't deserve to do an escape act after a woeful first half and poor refereeing decisions. The guys on Royals Rendezvous are every bit as surprised as you are. Of course, the Royals needed a win desperately, otherwise the doom would be mounting up and manager out gossip appearing in ever greater quantity. I still believe Everton are on for a really excellent season.

Thanks for putting up with me this week, it's been great getting to know some of you, and you've got a friendly welcome awaiting on Royals Rendezvous in case any fancy a browse around ...

No need to feel uncomfortable, we're not barbarians

You got a result today, in part due to the ineptitude of another match official and we couldn't take our chances or make our possession count.

I knew it would be anything but straight forward, and some were under the impression before time it would be a stroll and we could win by a cricket score, but I saw through all that and knew it would only probably be a goal margin in it.

Unfortunately, while that was true, it was to the opposition.

You got your first win today, and however I feel personally, maybe you can take that into subsequent games and pull away from the drop zone.

Today was frustrating, disappointing and all and everything you could imagine.

if i made the mistakes in my job mr Atkinson made in his today they would sue the pants off me - how can referees get away with it - in my eyes mr Atkinson is a dishonest man and should be disgraced for the injustice he allowed to happen today - right in front of his very eyes - shocking shocking shocking beyond comparison - there was nothing wrong with his eyes with the Reading penalty though - i will tell him in his face he is a cheat - so disgusted i am - but no technology must ever ever be allowed in this game - we like being scr&wed mindless by officials we just crave it - i cannot bear to watch it any more - nevermind our bad second half

I'm pleased for Norwich City getting a (shock) win tonight. I don't like either side much, but it was the lesser of two evils.

I said before that City are a good side, who were only in the Third division about three years ago, and regardless of venue, it will be a tough game.

Sad to say, that I think, our champions league dreams and aspirations may be slowly evaporating. Too many missed opportunities against sides we really should be beating. It was said before, that you can't always blame the referee, although they once again, did us no favors today dry.png