IGNORED

Man City

Romey 1878

very disappointing once again - 1 win in 9 games is just not good enough unless we resign to be a mid- table team - all these draws are getting boring - DM played the game to draw after the shocking penalty - bringing on a defender for Naismith was like raising the white flag for me - do we really want to beat other sides and the officials? - i have my doubts

.....but (more importantly) only three points off third, despite being systematically robbed week after week.

I've counted 12 points. This would be massive for over a season, the fact its under 2/5 of the way through shows something needs to be changed immediately.

Apologies for being that guy but here's the kopite behaviour moan.

Man U - standard top4 ref, 2 seperate rule books for what a foul/yellow.

Aston Villa -

(?) WBA - Poor referee, very inconsistent.

(-2)Nec - Linesman robbed us, ref was poor.

Swansea -

Soton -

(-2)Wigan - Home ref, inconsistent never gave us a pen. Linesmen offside goal for them.

(-2)QPR - Never a red and never gave us a pen.

(?)Liverpool - Suarez and Sterling should have been off. Lucky the linesmen got it wrong as the ref didnt give the foul on Jags.

Fulham - No fault, consistent and it would be the game I'd point to for what I expect the normal level of officiating to be.

Sunderland -

(-2)Norwich - Shouldnt of been a freekick for the goal.

(-2)Arse - pen not given.

(-2)City - Top4 ref gave everything the other way 2 separate rule books consistency wise and never a pen.

very disappointing once again - 1 win in 9 games is just not good enough unless we resign to be a mid- table team - all these draws are getting boring - DM played the game to draw after the shocking penalty - bringing on a defender for Naismith was like raising the white flag for me - do we really want to beat other sides and the officials? - i have my doubts

Moyes has always been a conservative manager, shackled by a defence first philosophy. He's not going to change, ever. Would that he would. By the end of the season, he'll have us firmly ensconced in upper mid-table, where he'll say all the right things about hoping to push on next season, and the same thing will happen again. It's like waiting for Godot. You hope against hope Moyes can deliver and the good times will come again, but you know they won't. Because he won't. Good manager. Nice man. But not good enough.

I hate SAF with a passion, but I am 100% certain he would do something with the squad we have this season. And that's quite galling.

once again we came out after the break looking flat and hanging in there for dear life after bossing the 1st half - it looks as though the players resort to resqueing a draw rather than forcing a win -

if DM does not publicly complain about our run of bad decisions i think he is gutless and a sucker for punishment - it is getting unbearable to watch for me

Just finished watching the game today and considering we were the away team i didn't see much difference between the two sides. Also we had mirrallas missing who is so important i think it was a decent performance. The penalty was a joke considering if you watch it slowed down somebody pulls jags exactly the same way as Felli does before the ball goes near Dzeko. I think what is crystal clear is we need a nippy forward who can exploit the fast counter attack we are capable of with a ball into the channels. Like A.J used to do and Radzinski but who can finish ;) I think that would make all the difference to be honest

The team does look a different force with Mirallas, and agree we need him back to help on the counterattack.

I think Jela is doing ok with 5 goals and an assist. He's not the focal point anymore, with Felli taking the main role this year (8 goals 4 assists). The return as a partnership is good, room for improvement (from Jelavic) but nothing to worry about. He has goals in him, we just need more patience.

When you think of it like that (3 points off third) I think the dream for top 4 is still well and truly alive. Chelsea look unstable with their new manager, Tottenham and Arsenal have been far from convincing, although Tottenham have been better of late. I guess we'll see how we fare up against them next week.

Thought our highlights should have been on earlier, with the first two being the live games and then Arsenal Swansea that had not even been mentioned during Final Score until the 88th minute, and it's a disgrace how they brushed over the main talking point.

Yeah I dont understand why they always seem to show the live games first on MotD, although to be fair they were probably the best 2 games yesterday

Just watched the game back today and thought we did pretty well for the most part. We were really sloppy going forward and just gave the ball away constantly especially when we were under no pressure. We arent normally that poor and I think it was a lack of confidence more than anything.

Our goal was pretty nicely worked and it was probably the first good delivery of the half. Their goal is an absolute joke. I have no problems if they are consistently being given but as far as pulls go that was next to nothing anyway!

With regards to individual players I thought Gibson was very good, Pienaar was lively and Felli was a handful. Jags was an absolute beast at the back making some realy crucial tackles & blocks.

Naismith was again competely anonymous and I dont think he is warranting a starting position. Jelavic has never stopped working hard but if we are going to use Felli as the main man then Jela needs to stay on the shoulder of the opposition CB's. He is very good in that position and generally he is link up play isnt that brilliant. Distin was another to have a less than satisfactory game IMO, he got lucky on a couple of occasions where he was fannying around with the ball looking indecisive and then on a couple of occassions he let Dzeko get first run on him from a cross which luckily the Bosnian didnt take advantage of.

I think we have to be more than happy with a point at City. I dont think they are firing on full cylinders but they still churn out results. Moyes was right to set the team up like he did, although maybe pressing a few yards further up the pitch. I still think he needs to utilise his bench more and realise that frech legs and slightly different styles of player can change games.

Oviedo was a good change although his pace would have been useful to start with, but Vellios and Hitz could have brought something a little different to what he had considering the players they would have replaced were flagging. Although at least Moyes learnt his lesson and brought Heitinga to play on as a DM rather than a CB!

So a point away at the champions, have to see it as a decent result.

Was very impressed with Gibson and Osman throughout, never seen Toure have less of an impact on a match, they thoroughly won that battle.

Pienaar is still slowly showing a return to form and was much happier with Baines' set pieces today.

We sorely lacked a turn of pace though, when under pressure, if we cannot find Felli or Jelavic straight away, we have nobody with the pace to trouble, as Tevez did to us (And hes not the fastest either)

Mirallas is the obvious solution for this, but we cannot rely on only one player for this. Oviedo is quick, but is more of a defender than a harrier/annoying player.

Long has shown for WBA how useful it can be, and think we could do with someone similar.

Really worry is the lack of a threat on the right at the minute. Were far too predictable because very little gets played through Naismith and Hibbert together.

Again Mirallas a solution but the last few weeks have shown the peril of depending on one player.

Still, not a bad situation when you are disappointed with 5 points from last seasons top 3.

There isn't a whole lot to say about this game that you couldn't say about our previous few games.

We were excellent in the first half; dominated the ball but had very little cutting edge, and a refereeing decision cost us. At least it wasn't us giving the opposition a free goal! We are badly struggling to create chances at the moment. How many chances did Jelavic have in the whole game? I can only remember the free kick he had in the second half, and that wasn't exactly a created chance was it? The sooner we get back to creating a hatful of chances the better.

Second half we did our usual no show. How we managed to go from controlling the ball to not being able to pass 5 yards to a team mate is madness. It was like watching a completely different side. I knew we'd be put under pressure from City in the second half but there's no excuse for how bad our football got. Thankfully the defence was, for the most part, solid as a rock and is the reason we managed to come away with a point because I was feeling it was only a matter of time until City got a second. We had no out ball because we dropped so deep and brought everyone back behind the ball. So we'd clear (hoof) the ball away and it'd just come back at us.

Howard - I felt he could have helped the defenders out a bit more by coming for some balls put into the box. Wasn't called upon to make many saves due to the CB's infront of him.

Hibbert - I'm surprised he didn't get absolutely murdered because Naismith hung him out to dry by leaving him up against two City players all the time. But he stood up well to the pressure and managed to handle everything that was thrown at him.

Jagielka - Had a stonking game, a rock at the heart of our defence. He made clearing header after clearing header, shepherded Dzeko and Tevez, made blocks. He barely put a foot wrong.

Distin - Not quite as good as Jagielka due to dwelling on the ball a bit (which he is prone to do) but a good game nevertheless, and it looks like the partnership may finally be coming together.

Baines - I think he was alright in the first half; linked up well with Pienaar but, I dunno, I just felt there was something missing from his performance. He did get an assist with a great delivery though.

Naismith - Terrible. As I've already said, he was no help to Hibbert at all, his passing was all over the place, knocked off the ball far too easily.

Gibson - Showed exactly why we'd been missing him. He had a fantastic game. He covered so much ground and made countless interceptions and broke up play infront of the defence immensely. My MOTM.

Osman - I thought it was another average showing from Ossie tbh and he again didn't really make an impression on the game for me.

Pienaar - Keep growing that hair Stevie! With each passing game he's getting better. There were far fewer sloppy passes and he looked the most likely of our attacking players to make something happen.

Fellaini - I don't think he was quite at the top of his game but his top game is that good that even when he falls below that level he's still pretty damn good. He didn't retain possession as well as we know he can do but he was still effective and was handful for City's defenders even if he didn't manage to dominate things as much as usual. And even got another goal to add to his tally.

Jelavic - Fellaini being the vocal point of our attacks is damaging his game. Just look at yesterday and how often he was having to play miles away from the goal with his back to goal because we want to launch the ball to Fellaini and go from there. When we didn't try and hit Fellaini and aimed toward Jelavic instead he had no chance of winning the aerial balls with Kompany et al. In the second half we stil tried this game and it was even worse because now Jelavic wa isolated and being asked to win the ball barely in City's half! He hardly had a sniff at goal all game long.

Good summary Romey - look a point off MC is not to be sneezed at - but all those 1pointers against weaker sides are starting to haunt us - we now have to break this rut of drawing against better sides which of course is much harder a change of form and luck is urgently needed.

i also find DM's lack of confidence in his bench disturbing - how do you really know how good a player like Velios for example is if you hardly ever give him game time while it is clear the someone like Naismith is cosistantly average and Jelavic has not scored for 4 games in a row now

then he must sell his whole bench in January for new players which he is prepared to give a run.In the modern game one must use your bench as an asset to keep up the pace or change tactics - it is no longer just a bunch of spare wheels to replace injured players because you have to -

i am not saying we must change something if it works - but at the moment something is clearly not working at Everton - 1 win in 9 games is not acceptable in my books - us poor fans have had nothing to brag about for months now we are running out of excuses - forgetting what it feels like to win

A draw at the champions of the league represents a great point all said.

What if they had offered you a point before the game, I would have taken their fingers off.

There's been a mass of drawn games lately, but this time, I can't feel too bad about that.

Whatever the circumstances, most would have accepted it, before start of play

It's a gif, not a video....takes about fifteen seconds to run a ten second clip for me so slightly slow-mo.....which I think is kind of the point to emphasise the skillhuh.png .

who gives a fuck!!! slower the better, fuck me the first bit he controls it on his shin! top drawer