IGNORED

Man City

Romey 1878

We're still a good team without Baines, even if it's great to have him.

He's been such an ever present I really don't know if that is the case. He is such an important player i'm not sure, he influences so much of the good that we see, he's probably my favourite Everton player in recent memory, absolutely brilliant.

Just been over to blue moon for a little scout, was glad to see that all bar 2 or 3 weren't being arrogant twats. In fact most of them were quite nervous about the game, saying it will either be a very hard earned draw/win for them, or we'll be the first in 36 games to knock them off at home.

Milner is out with a hamstring, and Toure is on 4 yellow cards so Mancini could sit him out to keep him available when they play United next week.

I'm thinking a 2-2 draw, jelly with a sneaky touch in and a felli boss goal (as always).

Result will be a toss up. Both teams right now seems to be up and down a bit. If Baines is at all feeling the hamstring I'd leave him out. Can't afford to have him do it. Even if in hindsight it's clear that putting Oviedo or Distin on the left is what cost us this game, I'd still rest him.

Surprised at how long Mirallas has been out, hope these frequent injuries and longish recoveries don't become a theme as we clearly need his invention.

Apparently Jelly overcame a flu morning of the Arsenal game, so I'll revise my assessment of his performance. Hopefully he'll be rested and ready. He does seem to be getting closer to hitting a patch of form, the turn and shot over the bar against Arsenal was certainly more like it. Against city's big CBs though we'll need to be a bit more clever than simply lumping it up, even with Felli up there.

Good spot that Toure is on 4 yellows. He hasn't played particularly well of late, but he is the type that can turn a game, and without him they don't have anyone that can really compete with Felli in the middle of the park. I'd like to see someone given the Rodwell roll to track Silva, but I'm not sure who I would put on to that, Osman?

Think we could nick it, but again no way we'll keep a clean sheet.

2-1

Think we could nick it, but again no way we'll keep a clean sheet.

2-1

Lawrenson agrees with you....

"I am going to go for an Everton win here, though. They have a great record against Manchester City and were the last team to win at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League, back in December 2010.

Everton have played well in the first half on lots of occasions this season and paid the price for sitting on one-goal leads but it is very rare for them to play badly.

There is one shock result every weekend in the Premier League, and I think this might be it....1-2"

Don't read the rags as much anymore, has Lawro got any better at tipping our results? Don't think he ever predicted one correct that I followed.

Agree with him, just hope he hasn't put the mockers on us.

__________Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Jags Distin

Pienaar Osman Felli Oviedo

__________Naismith

__________Jelavic

2-0 win if the ref is fair and our defence play like they did midweek (bar the first minute).

Edited by pete0

i would not mind not beating MC - nobody have beaten them this year - and Everton was the last side beating MC at home in 2010 - but being the underdog with a nothing to lose attitude might just releive some of the pressure from the players - make them relax and perform to their full potential - Give it your best shot Everton

Could Fellaini be out to impress today! a match winning peformance today would be advantages to the big man.

He seems to like the big games and the headlines tonight will be all about him....with a bit of luck!

Moyes v Mancini usually has a good outcome.........though to be honest another 'poxy' draw wouldn't be a disaster.

ps. note to Mr Lescott, if you fancy a return to Goodison and you get the chance today, an own goal would be nice.