IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2012

THFC6061

Interestingly I never knew big Pat Jennings played for Everton

Yes, "Big Pat" was signed in March 1986 as cover for Neville Southall for the FA Cup Final against Liverpool.

I don't think he ever played any first team matches for Everton but there may well have been a few reserve matches during his short time at Goodison.

Edited by THFC6061

Hello blue nose chaps,

Spurs fan here.

Whatever the result this afternoon, wish you boys the best of luck for the rest of the season. No secret that Everton are a well respected club down at the Lane. Always give us a good game, and this season youve built a brilliant side that is really impressing. And all done on a budget of half an Andy Carroll.

I think you will win today, 2 - 1. Fellaini is the kind of player who will give our defensively dodgy centrebacks a nightmare. especially if Gallas starts.

obviously hoping we finish in the top 4 this season, but if not obviously hope its Everton and not Arsenal or the Red Scallies (God Forbid).

fellaini needs to be deep today to stop him barkley in front

Disagree, he need to play behind Jelavic and cause problems for their dodgy CB's. If thats what the spurs fans are afraid of, thats what he should do. He is scoring for us in that position and we need goals. Osman and Gibson should start in midfield. Pienaar and hopefully Mirallas on the wings.

I dont think we will see Barkley today. I dont think he is ready for the prem yet.

Edited by Peter H

Disagree, he need to play behind Jelavic and cause problems for their dodgy CB's. If thats what the spurs fans are afraid of, thats what he should do. He is scoring for us in that position and we need goals. Osman and Gibson should start in midfield. Pienaar and hopefully Mirallas on the wings.

I dont think we will see Barkley today. I dont think he is ready for the prem yet.

We'll never know if we never give him a chance though. Sometimes you just have to throw someone in at the deep end. We'll see how he copes then. He seems to have the body to play amongst men already. And I think he has the skill to do well. Surely he can't have played that well against QPR over a year ago and still be so bad that we can't give him 10 minutes here and there without us losing points.

I'm not really sure why we brought him back. This is the best team we can field and he's realistically still behind Oviedo, Hitz and Naismith. He was scoring goals and picking up player of the month awards at Wednesday and I would have kept him there a little longer.

Half time, too bad. The goal was coming any minute.

Sure was... Well on top at the end of that half and playing really well. We need to be more clinical but overall you cant argue too much about the performance so far.

Spurs started to get on top but we got on top of them, stopped them playing and they dont like it. Their midfield started brightly but since then we have dominated.

Coleman is a great outlet on that right hand side and he hasnt stopped running. Just needs to make a better final decision.

Good play by Everton, shame that time ran out. Lets hope they keep it up in the seconD half and that everton arent a 45 minute team. None of the penalty shouts were correct, first was on Dempseys chest even if he made a dodgy arm move. Second was on Gallas arm but he had the arm tightly against his body. No penalty.

Tottenham looking dangerous on the break but i think Distin and Jags are doing a good job cleaning up at the back.

Coleman playing a blinder so far.

Edited by Peter H

Coleman is a great outlet on that right hand side and he hasnt stopped running. Just needs to make a better final decision.

Hes certainly improving in that RB position. Sometimes his defending looks a bit nervery but with him we have two top full backs going forward.