IGNORED

Explain The Monarchy To Me

thoward18

Is this baby something that England as a whole actually cares about or is it just tabloid crap for supermarket shelves and 40-year-old-women who have nothing better to do to get worked up about?

About 10% of the population are excited about it. I couldn't give a flying fuck. The only good thing about the Royals is that the bring so much tourism to the UK.

If I hadn't chosen to leave the country, I would have been asked to leave over this issue! While one or two of the royals seem decent and hard-working folks, the majority are simply an embarrassing drain on the taxpayer. As for the title "Duchess of Cornwall", none of us Celts want her, thank you very much. Personally, I would never wish anyone ill; however, I get sick to the teeth of listening to all the drivel on the news about this royal baby.

Royal Watcher, Royal Commentator ("and they're off...."). Pfft! What kind of jobs are they? Bit like those hippies at Stonehenge, get a proper job!

That James Hewitt must have got a good pay off, or warning.... there's no way in this world Harry is the fruit of Charlie's loins. Not a chance in hell, supported by the panic to change the law for Willy's first brat to succeed to the throne even if it's a girl meaning none of Hewitt's genes get near Herr throne.

Listen to our media and we hang on the Royals every word and movement, so we do, God Bless 'em and all who sail, etc.

For me they are about as relevant as The King or Queen of Belgium, Holland, Spain, Poland, Meerkovo............

Edited by Cake

Royal Watcher, Royal Commentator ("and they're off...."). Pfft! What kind of jobs are they? Bit like those hippies at Stonehenge, get a proper job!

That James Hewitt must have got a good pay off, or warning.... there's no way in this world Harry is the fruit of Charlie's loins. Not a chance in hell, supported by the panic to change the law for Willy's first brat to succeed to the throne even if it's a girl meaning none of Hewitt's genes get near Herr throne.

Listen to our media and we hang on the Royals every word and movement, so we do, God Bless 'em and all who sail, etc.

For me they are about as relevant as The King or Queen of Belgium, Holland, Spain, Poland, Meerkovo............

Someone please Americanize this for me. I don't think I understood a single sentence. Also, I'm an idiot.

Someone please Americanize this for me. I don't think I understood a single sentence. Also, I'm an idiot.

No you're not an idiot. it's just me having a mini-rant about people in our media who title themselves as 'Royal Watchers' or 'Royal Commentators' trying to give the impression they live in the grounds of Buckingham Palace and are on bumping bellies terms with Liz and Phil and the rest of the dysfunctional fuckers who are called our Royal Family and who make a career about commenting on when the Queen fingers one of her corgis or if Phil The Greek has a cold or if Charles has spoken to a plant or a building and what the hidden message might be for the generations to come. I despise it all.

The James Hewitt comment is simple - he's Harry's father - Harry is the spitting image of him - and Hewitt has either been paid handsomely to keep quiet about sharing his baby batter with Diana or 'they' have perhaps persuaded him it is in his own best interests he tells no tales about Diana's sword swallowing expertise as he's a big lad, by all accounts!

They are as important to me as the King and Queen of any country, including King Obama of America ;)

Someone had a baby :huh:?

Believe me Mike when i say you are lucky to be on holiday, bloody 10 gun salutes in London this morning to announce the new King :shaking fist: Some of the idiots that had been waiting outside Buckingham Palace for days!!! Other than the Americans who are more obsessed with the Royal Family than we are, the rest of the world must be sat there in stitches watching on.

Edited by Simon

A lot of them seem to care greatly!

Why do a large amount of American's adore the Royal Family?

Because they think people in the village of England, United Kingdom are grateful to have a Queen because it's like a movie with all royal, regal, pomp and circumstance every day and her serfs lie down before her across piles of steaming horse shit so she doesn't get her regal tootsies all smelly when she's aht exorcising the corgis and everybody dresses either like Oliver Twist or as a Beefeater and except policemen because they still have whistles and when they are blown all criminals freeze on the spot and proclaim "Game's up, guv. It's a fair cop". We live in a fantasy land they can only dream of full of jousting, jolly japes and "Hurrah, it's stopped raining" and we can get the bus from Newcastle to London because to them it's no distance at all but most people would prefer to walk that distance barefoot just on the off chance of seeing a piece of paper on an easel or perchance the Queen giving them the finger under the guise of a wave from the balcony of Buck Ahse.

Capiche?

Because they think people in the village of England, United Kingdom are grateful to have a Queen because it's like a movie with all royal, regal, pomp and circumstance every day and her serfs lie down before her across piles of steaming horse shit so she doesn't get her regal tootsies all smelly when she's aht exorcising the corgis and everybody dresses either like Oliver Twist or as a Beefeater and except policemen because they still have whistles and when they are blown all criminals freeze on the spot and proclaim "Game's up, guv. It's a fair cop". We live in a fantasy land they can only dream of full of jousting, jolly japes and "Hurrah, it's stopped raining" and we can get the bus from Newcastle to London because to them it's no distance at all but most people would prefer to walk that distance barefoot just on the off chance of seeing a piece of paper on an easel or perchance the Queen giving them the finger under the guise of a wave from the balcony of Buck Ahse.

Capiche?

Lol aaaaaand breathe! Edited by Romey 1878

I just feel totally different to this incident, no scrub that, in fact I couldn't give two fucks about it. Needless to say I didn't purchase any "news" papers today, but at least it'll make a change from the usual boring miserable shit these sub-standard media companies print, day in day out.

The 'royal' family is something I've never been able to fully recognize. Mostly just horrible cunts with sticks up their asses, making the news for even the most trivial of incidents. (how many times has the Duke of Edinburgh been in and out of hospital this calendar year etc)

Maybe I'd like to wish Prince William and his partner well, but I just can't bring myself to offer congratulations or celebrate this 'event' in any shape, form, or fashion. Yet another boring, immaterial news item - again

For me, it's a bit personal. Descended from the ancient kings of Cornwall, I have a strong attachment to my Celtic homeland. It's really irritating to know that Prince Charles gets most of his income off the backs of Cornish workers. Annually, as Duke of Cornwall, he claims about £10m from our land - tax-free at that. If Charles ever becomes king, then William will claim that money as his own. If he becomes king, then this new royal baby will claim it. So, the royals (especially the lesser royals and their descendants) are not just an anachronism; they are a drain on the financial resources of everyday people.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Elizabeth II isn't going to last forever and what with her and her dizzy husband, you'd think they'd have more lives than the proverbial cat, but what is she, 85 years of age now ? You do the math. Charles next in line, will be taking over soon enough, then it's William, then that other snide Harry, then Eugene, and after that, lost count and interest in equal measure.

Some of the latter names won't even be relevant in most of our lifetimes, but all these fucking 'Kings' and 'Queens' and other stuffy nosed titles and individuals can be too much to bear sometimes. Say it again, put them in all in a goddamn incinerator and just be done with it all.

Charles next in line, will be taking over soon enough

That's not a given. Edward VIII was forced to abdicate because parliament would not allow the head of the Church of England to marry a divorcee. Several decades have passed, but I don't see why Charles should get a free pass. Either parliament must change the law so the king/queen us not the head of the C of E, or Charles should decline the throne in favour of his son.

Dk, for someone who does not care about the royals you seem to have a lot to say. Personally id smack you around the head for calling the queen and her family cunts. Not just because they are royal but because you shouldnt call anyone a cunt, especially someone that you never met, spoke to or. Had any other relation to.

Shut your american trap about the royal family, there are people out there who care about the monarcy.

I would never call an american president a cunt. Not even Bush jr.

Dk, for someone who does not care about the royals you seem to have a lot to say. Personally id smack you around the head for calling the queen and her family cunts. Not just because they are royal but because you shouldnt call anyone a cunt, especially someone that you never met, spoke to or. Had any other relation to.

Shut your american trap about the royal family, there are people out there who care about the monarcy.

I would never call an american president a cunt. Not even Bush jr.

I would, because he is and its also the best word to describe him.

Agree with the rest though, no need for it at all

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

Can't see beyond this myself...screw pragmatism; don't see why I should have to bow and grovel and defer to anyone (wife asidetongue.png ).

Deleted.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

IanC pretty much sums it up perfectly. I like the Royals, they might not have any 'real' power but they are an important political figurehead and they more than pay their way.

The real problem is the damn politicians who like to think they can do what they like and increase the taxes on the people who work hard and hand it over to the people who cant be arsed to find a job. Dont even get me started on the modern liberties of so called 'prisoners'! shaking%20fist.png

Deleted.

Edited by Nikica