IGNORED

Lewis Holtby

"Santi Cazorla (of all people) gives the ball away in midfield and the home side take full benefit as Lewis Holtby's brilliant first-time pass on the volley gives Klaas-Jan Huntelaar his first real sight of goal and he makes no mistake with a neat low drive back across Vito Mannone and in."

"Ibrahim Afellay's cross from the left is nodded on by Lewis Holtby and finds Jefferson Farfan at the back post. He takes a touch and fires a shot that finds the goal despite Thomas Vermaelen's attempt to block on the line."

Could hardly say nodded on ha ha it was a shite attempt at a header on goal but the lad is pure quality and would want big money i imagine, saying that he is relatively unheard of. God forbid we get Champs league football he might fancy a few seasons slumming itwink.png

he can play anywhere along the forward line i think, i must say though now we have Mirallas, im not sure why we would look too Holtby, they are similar 'types' and although he would be on a free, he would be wanting big wages i imagine as he has been a CL player and will be looking for CL football.

I think Holtby is much more of a playmaker type than Mirallas is. He can play the 7, 10, 11 and even the 8. Don't think we'll be seeing him here though.

For thick people like me. biggrin.png

1. Goalkeeper
  2. Right full back (right side centre back)
  3. Left full back (left side centre back)
  4. Right half back (right side defensive midfield)
  5. Centre half back (centre defensive midfield)
  6. Left half back (left side defensive midfield)
  7. Outside right (right winger)
  8. Inside right (attacking midfield)
  9. Centre forward
  10. Inside left (attacking midfield)
  11. Outside left (left winger)

No I understand that. I'm questioning the idea of keeping him until his contract ends, as opposed to selling him while they could still get a return.

Their return would be minimal with so little time left on the contract. People won't offer much if they can get him for free six months later (see Pienaar to Spurs).

Sign him, give him a £5m signing on fee and put him on £70k a week. He's a £15m player. Hungry, technically very good. Like a paul scholes.

Yeah, and while we're loaded all of a sudden, throw in a bonus of 50 quid per foot step during his first season, rising to a grand if he plays naked. Maybe give the ball boys a Ferrari each to in their Christmas bonus?

Are you aware of his ability avin?, £5m signing on fee plus £70k a week for a top top young talent is peanuts. The fact he would consider us due to his dad being a fan is an opportunity that should not be squandered.

If he is a fan, let him sign for free. You talk about giving him 5m in his ass pocket like it's cheap change.

70k a week is a bit much to be handing out like its sweets no? Especially not for an unproven player in this league. Fellaini is reported to be on that much but his performances have warranted it, he had to earn it, build up to it. You're going to put a few noses out of joint if you just hand that sort of deal to someone.

We're not in the position to be able to have two earners on that sort of money IMO.

70k a week is a bit much to be handing out like its sweets no? Especially not for an unproven player in this league. Fellaini is reported to be on that much but his performances have warranted it, he had to earn it, build up to it. You're going to put a few noses out of joint if you just hand that sort of deal to someone.

We're not in the position to be able to have two earners on that sort of money IMO.

Holtby has got a decent level of European experience though including the CL, he would want CL wages imo, hence why i don't think he will come to us, so long as he doesn't sign for the shite im not too bothered.

Holtby has got a decent level of European experience though including the CL, he would want CL wages imo, hence why i don't think he will come to us, so long as he doesn't sign for the shite im not too bothered.

If they're the wages we'd have to offer then I don't want him. I don't want to do anything that would jeopardise the club. Look what happened with Arteta (if rumours are to be believed); we had to have a fire sale to get us back on some sort of even keel and we've only just settled the ship now.

The guy isn't Messi. He's had 2 caps for Germany, and has had a season or so with Schalke after 2 loan spells. You have to ask yourself where all the hype is coming from, as if he was that good, surely Schalke would have sorted a deal out by now. It strikes me that he is a young player in the Rodwell mould, that has a lot of potential but still to prove himself, so the idea that we should roll out the Royal Blue carpet at any cost is a bit baffling.

Moyes was looking at the lad a few years ago, so he will know all about him. If he wants to come here, fantastic, but some of you are talking as though Everton are beneath him, and that is ridiculous. We are one of the top sides in the top league in the world, and are beginning to move forward again, so Holtby needs to prove himself to us, not the other way around.

Schalke haven't won their own league since 1958, even if they've been decent in recent years, so I look at Holtby coming to Everton as a big step forward in his career, and the timing couldn't be better for him, but no way are we going to go into debt for the guy.

I watched Holtby against Arsenal, very very bright and energetic, a little bit like Jack Wilshere maybe not as combative. Can spot a pass and was at the centre of everything good.

The reality is that £50-£70k is the starting salary for an international class player, especially one that is available on a free. Put it this way, I rate him far higher than Joe Allen.

I think there is very little risk in buying a player who is technically very good, composed on the ball and has a good attitude.

The guy isn't Messi. He's had 2 caps for Germany, and has had a season or so with Schalke after 2 loan spells. You have to ask yourself where all the hype is coming from, as if he was that good, surely Schalke would have sorted a deal out by now. It strikes me that he is a young player in the Rodwell mould, that has a lot of potential but still to prove himself, so the idea that we should roll out the Royal Blue carpet at any cost is a bit baffling.

Moyes was looking at the lad a few years ago, so he will know all about him. If he wants to come here, fantastic, but some of you are talking as though Everton are beneath him, and that is ridiculous. We are one of the top sides in the top league in the world, and are beginning to move forward again, so Holtby needs to prove himself to us, not the other way around.

Schalke haven't won their own league since 1958, even if they've been decent in recent years, so I look at Holtby coming to Everton as a big step forward in his career, and the timing couldn't be better for him, but no way are we going to go into debt for the guy.

High chance of Champions League football or 50% chance of Europa with a prem team. If their league was weaker like the Scottish prem it would be a good move, but it's arguably the 2nd best league in Europe and it's most competitive major league.