IGNORED

Lewis Holtby

I'd like to see Him here as said He's a very good young player but I can only see us being linked due to His old mans roots...

I agree with Avin as much as I like the lad we shouldn't be looking at players like Holtby with star's in our eye's as a club not the other way around. If He's serious about a move to the EPL I can only see Arsenal being the only other logical move and at the moment they look a shadow of the team of old.

I'd be made up if He came because He's an exciting young player with connections to the club but I honestly can not see Him here although I actually think it would be the best move for Him development and progression wise..

It's not Champions league that is attractive to players as such, but more the possibility of actually winning it with a team. How many Premiership players would leave for Scottish football, and Celtic, knowing they would play CL every year?

The Premiership is the bigger attraction isn't it?

It's not Champions league that is attractive to players as such, but more the possibility of actually winning it with a team. How many Premiership players would leave for Scottish football, and Celtic, knowing they would play CL every year?

The Premiership is the bigger attraction isn't it?

I've already covered that haven't I? The German League is not that far from the prem and he has a chance of winning that with Schalke. Only way it's a step up for him is if he goes to a prem club challenging for the league.

Just watching the Bundesliga review on ESPN and the shithead of a commentator when talking about holtby says "who has recently declared he would love to play for Arsenal or Liverpool, as his dad is a big supporter of both those clubs"

Really wound me up that, then again it is ESPN and its an embarrassment of a sports channel anyway.

A fat signing on fee and a good wage £45,000 i would imagine be fair. If we get him on a free, say give him £2 mill in the bank which is nice for a 22 year old and a good wage, nobody loses out. I think he would be a similar player to Ossie but with a far better passing range.

• 1 month later...

If Johnny goes, i'd use his wage (minus a little) to get Holtby in. As Haf says, its too good an opportunity to let him slip through the net.

Re-sale alone could be worth good money (if he plays well). But an Everton fan, young, success hungry, talented footballer, with little on his contract, surely it's just too good an opportunity?!

We'll let him go though. :(

Only thing in our favour he is a blue, if we finish in the top four with a £50,000 a week there is no choice. If we finish in UEFA and not far off top four its a challenge for him. Get him to the training ground to meet the lads and get him to a game , hopefully he will be swayed. I agree its a deal we must pull all the stops out for.

He looks a good player, but from what i have saw so far he looks like a replacment for Rodwell?

Is this really the type of player that we need right now?

Where would this put Barkley?

I know they are different players but i think Gibbo has nailed his place for the next few years and we also have another young midfielder coming through at the min along with Barkley ( names out my head at min ).

Just not sure what this guy can offer us. what i have saw so far, and admittedly it's not much he looks like that young swede we missed out on not so long ago.

Does not look better than anything we already have.

Has anyone got a link of clips of him?

I think it's all agent hype with Holtby.

Moyes was linked with him a few seasons ago, and didn't act. I'm not sure how they can call him a big name, as he has just 3 caps, the first was June 2011, so if he is that good, why only 2 more caps in the space of 18 months? He is a young player with potential, and certainly not a player we should be giving big money to just yet.

I like this bit:

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt told Sky Deutschland: "We have not been receiving anything from any club regarding a winter transfer for Lewis Holtby.

"We have also not been given any information by his agent. I believe Lewis Holtby will be a full part of our squad until the end of the season."

Can we just take him for free in the Summer? Schalke won their group in Champions League, right? I suppose keeping him there for a few more months might be more important than cashing in on him right now.

@SpursOfficial: We're delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Lewis Holtby to join the Club in July from Schalke, subject to medical #COYS

Bright lights of London? Did we even want him? Is he really that bothered about EFC? Money?

Whatever it was this news will leave many Evertonians disappointed!