IGNORED

Manchester United (Away)

Zoo

Surprised how little discussion on this thread for such a big game. Have to agree with Trev that Utd's focus might be just slightly shifted toward Europe. They have bags of experience with this situation and a massive squad that rotates well, but you have to think that there are worse times to play Utd.

Again think it would be harsh to drop Vic, but I guess if we're thinking it'll be a game of one or two half chances, then maybe the gamble on Jelly makes sense. Myself I'd start Vic, give him at least the 45 and have him on instructions to go hard as he can against their CBs. If not love, make the switch and at the very least Jelly comes on fresh against them.

Again no proper RB. Think it has to be Neville back there, can't allow Heitinga near the pitch. Standard picks across the middle and I'd be inclined to sit Felli deeper, assuming he makes the start. If he's out then, well, Hitz I guess, or maybe just push Pienaar infield and bring Oviedo on and force Osman to sit next to Gibson. Fear that would be a touch lightweight though, but a second half defensive player on their right might be a nice counterbalance to Valencia and could allow Baines to really bomb on.

Hope to be clearheaded enough to wake up for this one live.

COYB

• United have scored with 21% of their shots, the best conversion rate in the division

• Everton have scored the highest proportion of first- half goals of any team in the top division this season (58%)

• Wayne Rooney has eight goals in his last seven league appearances and has scored or assisted 17 goals in 17 league appearances this term

• United have scored the most headers in the top flight this season (13); Everton have conceded the most (12)

• Everton have hit the woodwork the most times this season (16)

Virtually all the bookies have shortened our odds after today's City result....

http://www.oddscheck...-everton/winner

Said it elsewhere, but maybe, just maybe in the back of the United player's minds they'll be thinking they've got the title tied up.....and maybe Fergie will have that little demon in the back of his head saying, "Why not rest Rooney and RVP so they're fresh for Wednesday? City are screwed. Possibly I'll just play the under 18's."

I can hopecool.png .

Virtually all the bookies have shortened our odds after today's City result....

http://www.oddscheck...-everton/winner

Said it elsewhere, but maybe, just maybe in the back of the United player's minds they'll be thinking they've got the title tied up.....and maybe Fergie will have that little demon in the back of his head saying, "Why not rest Rooney and RVP so they're fresh for Wednesday? City are screwed. Possibly I'll just play the under 18's."

I can hopecool.png .

I can't see him leaving Rooney out as he blows hot and cold, and currently he's on a hot streak. Hopefully, he might be tempted to rest RVP who scores when he wants sad.png. If Welbeck, Ferdinand, and Cleverley start I'd be disappointed with only a draw. I can't wait to see how Anichebe gets on against Ferdinand, I smell a mauling.COYBs[1].gif

Edited by pete0

I wonder, would a draw be a good result or put another way, would we be happy with a point.

Reallity is we probably have to win for top 4.Fellaini will be up for this, doesn't seem that long ago he dominated them, not forgetting last season when we went there and matched them, I think the lads will feel they can get at least a point.

2-2.

If Heitinga starts we are fucked! that is all....

Why? He struggles against pace, excels against class. Type of game Moyes should be using him in, but for some reason does it the opposite way round. Our play and goal for:against ratio are both better with him in the side.

Chicharito does - although he'll most likely come off the bench.

Luckily he hasn't been getting a game, only played 25 mins in their last 4. In their last 12 he's only started 2 and got 30 mins in another. Although the 2 he played the full 90 in, he got 3 goals and 2 assists! Hopefully, he won't take part.

Luckily he hasn't been getting a game, only played 25 mins in their last 4. In their last 12 he's only started 2 and got 30 mins in another. Although the 2 he played the full 90 in, he got 3 goals and 2 assists! Hopefully, he won't take part.

I think he's so under-used. He would shine in any club and would easily get a game at the likes of Madrid and Milan. Like you though I just hope that he doesn't take part tomorrow.

I think he's so under-used. He would shine in any club and would easily get a game at the likes of Madrid and Milan. Like you though I just hope that he doesn't take part tomorrow.

Rumoured to be going to Bayern. I'd love him to come here even if its just on loan until RVP retires. I'm a dreamer happy.png.

Rooney isn't quick over a short distance. No one other than Hernandez in the middle channel is quick enough that Johnny would have to worry.

Rooney is proper quick Pete.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stewart.palmer/41536/the-premier-league-s-10-fastest-players

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/23/top-ten-fastest-premier-league-players/

Rumoured to be going to Bayern. I'd love him to come here even if its just on loan until RVP retires. I'm a dreamer happy.png.

Imagine him and Robben on either wing. That would be a killer partnership. I just hope that Suarez goes too so we can get shut of him for a few years.

I don't think them results are the most reliable. I'd suspect Distin to be quicker than a few on that list, it seems commercial player heavy. I'd saw the COS one a while back, and the sauce is known to make stuff up.

Edit: plus its only stating the max, its the acceleration that the defenders need to worry about.

Edited by pete0

I don't think them results are the most reliable. I'd suspect Distin to be quicker than a few on that list, it seems commercial player heavy. I'd saw the COS one a while back, and the sauce is known to make stuff up.

Edit: plus its only stating the max, its the acceleration that the defenders need to worry about.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/819077-top-10-fastest-players-in-the-2011-premier-league#/articles/819077-top-10-fastest-players-in-the-2011-premier-league/page/9

rofl.gif

I guess the smiley means you're joking. Shocking that the Bleacher report let that be published when they want to be a serious sport site.

'I have complied a list of the current players that I deem to be amongst the quickest' Something tells me Mr Farooq Ahmed (a student in Southampton) hasn't used a stop watch or any scientific means to compile that list. Special mention for Kenwyn Jones and he includes Jack Wilshire and David Silva in the top 10 aha.

i instantly think of radzinski and terry phelan that would get on that list

agree with pete about the list it seems too popular player bias

think it's bollocks when people say rooney has no pace though

top clip proves it

Over a distance there's no dispute, does my head in when people say Fellaini's slow he out ran Nzogbia or Agbonlahor last week (can't remember which one). Its the acceleration or turn of pace that can be deadly. Rooney over a hundred meters is up there, but over 5-10m he's not so rapid, I doubt he' make the top 20.

Over a distance there's no dispute, does my head in when people say Fellaini's slow he out ran Nzogbia or Agbonlahor last week (can't remember which one). Its the acceleration or turn of pace that can be deadly. Rooney over a hundred meters is up there, but over 5-10m he's not so rapid, I doubt he' make the top 20.

Guess Rooney will start.

'As ever, Wayne Rooney will be a centre of particular interest against his old club, albeit suffering less abuse than in away games back at Goodison. "When he first went to Goodison, the crowd was giving him a lot of stick and maybe it did affect him a little bit," Sir Alex Ferguson said. "He's missed a couple through injury at Everton, he scored last season against them, but I don't think it will be a problem at Old Trafford."

United's manager was for once content to see a United player have a full 90 minutes for England in midweek, having suggested that Rooney tends to need three matches or more to return to his best after injury. "I spoke with the manager through the week and wanted to play the full game because I feel in a good run of form at the minute and I tend to play better when I'm playing all the games," Rooney said.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kevin-mirallas-is-settling-into-everton-role-in-time-for-manchester-united-trip-8488505.html