IGNORED

Manchester United (Away)

Zoo

th_Manchester_United_FC.png

This is the big one - Manchester United.

The last time we played them was on the opening day of the season and thanks to Marouane Fellani we came away with three well deserved points and started the season well. It's now February and its the return fixture, we sit closer to Manchester United then we would have imagined in the summer of 2012 and could well push for a Champions League spot with a win against them at the weekend. It's going to be tough at Old Trafford and a 3-3 draw against Aston Villa isn't exactly filling anyone with confidence.

The question is - can we do the double over Sir Alex?

Manchester United - Last 5 Fixtures; Fulham (W 1-0), Southampton (W 2-1), Spurs (D 1-1), West Ham (W 1-0), Liverpool (W 2-1).

Everton - Last 5 Fixtures; Aston Villa (D 3-3), West Brom (W 2-1), Southampton (D 0-0), Swansea (D 0-0), Newcastle (W 2-1).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5hh2cJKMYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaloB3x0ifA

Edited by Zoo

United's only improvement since that day is a fully integrated RVP, still playing quite poor and giving the opposition chances (Fulham could have easily had a result today) but more often than not still managing to take all the spoils. Any team with RVP has an advantage, luckily he's on a dry spell, he hasn't played part in a goal for 2 games dry.png

Taking this slightly off topic already but it's been reported today that Manchester United are going to sort out their goalkeeping problems by signing Asmir Begovic from Stoke City. The club are apparantly going to let him go because they've just signed Jack Butland from Birmingham City.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-will-sign-9m-stoke-1572153

We're going to have to outscore them. I feel like we'll need 3 or 4 to get any type of result. If we try to park the bus at Old Trafford, we will lose, I think we just need to have a go. We may get smashed, but we may be able to get into an offensive contest with them, and maybe nab a 3-3, 4-4, 4-3, etc.. result.

We're going to have to outscore them. I feel like we'll need 3 or 4 to get any type of result. If we try to park the bus at Old Trafford, we will lose, I think we just need to have a go. We may get smashed, but we may be able to get into an offensive contest with them, and maybe nab a 3-3, 4-4, 4-3, etc.. result.

Worth a punt on Fellaini 4-4, someone got £4000 from a pound last time round.

Oh man, I never knew about the ref calling the game as we were counter attacking. I don't know if that qualifies as Fergie Time but holy shit. Brutal.

Yeah I remember that quite clearly, he blew the whilst just as Jagielka was going to get his shot away. Fortunarly Van der Sar saved it because had it gone in and he'd of scored I'm sure he would have been killed.

Agree with that...we're having trouble with being favourites expected to beat "lesser" teams, could well be that being the underdog again will bring out the best in us. A win at OT is long overdue.

This is definitely always the case, and it's definitely always fucking infuriating. I'm sure this will at least be a great game to watch.

Ive got a funny feeling about this game and think were gonna nick it 1-2. Hopefully Davey has learned after ten years we have to go there and have a go rather than sit back. I'd play Stones at right back and put Jags back at centre half, i think we need a spark and a young kid playing without fear could give it us. Vic and Jelly coming off the bench to win it

Sorry, but I don't think we have it in us to beat Man Utd right now. We have been far to shaky. We have not been sharp in front of goal lately either. At best we can hope for a draw which would be a great result. 4 points against Man Utd is not bad.

I HOPE i am wrong about this and I know that come match day I will be more optimistic. I always am.

We've got to score first, IMO. We score first then we have a chance.

One fear, If we score first (early) we will see Everton dropping deep and Man U coming at us time and time again. If they score it will be difficult to switch back to attacking.

Would almost prefer them scoring early and full speed ahead from Everton.

Best is 0-0 up to the 80-85 mark and then scoring :D

I

agree with your strategy there Peter - against stronger teams -

without looking at form or players i just feel we are playing them at the right time -

they are so far ahead in the league they can afford to relax and take their foot off the pedal -

with a little help from the officials ans a complacent MUnited i see us winning 2-1-

we need the win more than them to make the chase for 2nd to 4th more interesting and tense for the fans -

Our recent results against them will have SAF riled up and make for an open game.

Looking at the 11* they started with against Fulham I'd expect our fist team to score a few, only trouble is getting more than them with our own defense being suspect atm. End to end football with us scoring more than them 3-4, Fellaini to win a pen!

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra

Valencia Carrick Cleverley Nani

Rooney

RVP

*Not long ago we'd struggle to be on par with United, never mind they'd have 6 starter's that wouldn't get in our 11.

We're fecked if RVP gets too many chances, but their other major threat is Valencia who will nullify Baines from getting forward and cancel each other out, forcing us to play through the middle that should work in our favour. Gibson, Osman, and Felli should dominate their middle 3. If Anichebe plays as well as he did on Saturday, Ferdinand will be in for a pasting. Never rated him doesn't have any battle in him and overly relied on pace (that's now gone), showed up time and again by Big Dunc.

Moyes has a selection issue, as Gibson should play, so strictly speaking there will be no place for Osman, as I think he will want to play Neville.

Howard

Jags Heitinga Distin Baines

Mirallas Neville Gibson Fellaini Pienaar

Jelavic

This is the team I would like to see:

............................... Howard

...................... Jags Distin Baines

.................................. Hitz

...................Fellaini ............ Gibson

...............Mirallas ....................... Pienaar

................... Anichebe ... Jelavic

Dominate the midfield with no gaps for them to get in behind.

Not much chance of that though lol.

. You are right tho, our first 11 is as good as any other team in the prem.

Yes it is, but why do we struggle so badly to get any other result than a draw? We murdered Villa last week but still couldn't get 3 points. The tale of woe versus 'lower' teams is so prominent it's become predictable. Even when we do win we just scrape a result. We have dominated so many games this season....more so than in any other I can remember and we are 'struggling' to get results. Yes, I know that there are 15 other Prem teams that would love to be as badly off as we are, but there are 4 others above us who are more than happy about our situation.

I've been watching football for nigh on 60 years and I can't figure out how we are not at least 10 points better off than we are.

On paper, the defence is doing well as our 'goals against' column testifies. We're not doing too badly in 'goals for' either, yet draws seem to be the order of the day. Why?

No predictions from me for this game...I've proved that I'm as crap as everyone else in this regard.....but I do have a good feeling about this one.

Shit!.....there's the game gone! crying.gif