Zoo

This is the team I would like to see:

............................... Howard

...................... Jags Distin Baines

.................................. Hitz

...................Fellaini ............ Gibson

...............Mirallas ....................... Pienaar

................... Anichebe ... Jelavic

Dominate the midfield with no gaps for them to get in behind.

Not much chance of that though lol.

I understand why you want to tighten up in our midfield but I have a couple of issues with this formation:

Valencia and Nani will have a blast down the wings and I cant see Jags, Distin and Baines holding off Rooney and RvP on the crosses that will freely flow in to the goal area.

Moving Baines into the middle will just take away his offensive duties and lets be honest, he is better coming forward than he is defending.

Hitzls biggest weapon is his shot. Wont get to capitalize on that by sticking him to far back. As I see it here, you haven't dropped Osman for Gibson, you've dropped him for Hitzl.

Sorry for shitting on your parade, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express their wishes. I just think yours is shit :D (insert friendly banter font on the last two sentences)

Not at all really. I can't see Heitinga playing so Jags will move to CB, Nev will come in at RB and Osman and Gibson will be the CM pairing.

I agree 100% with Neville at RB. Would prefer Osman in the forward roll and Felli and Gibson as the CM pairing. Although I don't believe DM shares my pov

Perhaps in theory, and perhaps last seasons Heitinga could have done it. This years Heitinga would be turned inside out by RvP

I agree.

More worryingly Fellaini has missed training with Belgium and is unlikely to play tomorrow as he has some discomfort in his hip.

Shit.

Edited by MoyesForPM

We've got thirty one points this season in the sixteen games Neville has started (1.94 points per game) and eleven points in the nine games that he hasn't (1.2 ppg).

Interesting stat I thoughtsmile.png .

Nev starts and Vic scores we should be sorted

@lukeofarrell

Unbeaten - Netting his 23rd goal for the club on Saturday, Everton have never lost when Victor Anichebe has scored (16-6-0).

Neville missed the games against Man City , Chelsea and Arsenal which explains a lot

That line could be taken either way...."he missed the games and that's why we only picked up two points" or "his ppg average is artificially high because he missed three difficult games where we wouldn't expect many points whoever played."

Which one do you meanhuh.png?

We've got to score first, IMO. We score first then we have a chance.

arent Utd the only team who have come from behind to win more times than us?

We're going to get stuffed. Thankfully, I will be too, up a mountain eating fondue with some old and new friends :)

arent Utd the only team who have come from behind to win more times than us?

We're going to get stuffed. Thankfully, I will be too, up a mountain eating fondue with some old and new friends smile.png

So....to sum up.

We need to play Neville and Gibson, let them score first and make sure Vic gets one...then we have a chancesmile.png .

Are you ski-ing Matt?

The team I would like to see:

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

......Gibson...Fellaini........

Mirallas....Osman...Pienaar

............Anichebe..............

I feel like dropping Fellaini deeper in this game would help us break Manchester United down for the counter attack, however I do realise his importance as a aerial threat up. If we do feel the need to hoof it then Anichebe is more than capable in the air with Mirallas supporting him, with respect to the counter. And to add - Fellaini is better in DM anyway afro.gif

Think Fergie would love to see Felli playing deep but it wont happen, he is the one player Utd are shitting themselves over. Would love to see Vic bully Ferdinand like big Dunc used to

Moyes has a selection issue, as Gibson should play, so strictly speaking there will be no place for Osman, as I think he will want to play Neville.

Howard

Jags Heitinga Distin Baines

Mirallas Neville Gibson Fellaini Pienaar

Jelavic

This is the team I would like to see:

............................... Howard

...................... Jags Distin Baines

.................................. Hitz

...................Fellaini ............ Gibson

...............Mirallas ....................... Pienaar

................... Anichebe ... Jelavic

Dominate the midfield with no gaps for them to get in behind.

Not much chance of that though lol.

I understand why you want to tighten up in our midfield but I have a couple of issues with this formation:

Valencia and Nani will have a blast down the wings and I cant see Jags, Distin and Baines holding off Rooney and RvP on the crosses that will freely flow in to the goal area.

Moving Baines into the middle will just take away his offensive duties and lets be honest, he is better coming forward than he is defending.

Hitzls biggest weapon is his shot. Wont get to capitalize on that by sticking him to far back. As I see it here, you haven't dropped Osman for Gibson, you've dropped him for Hitzl.

Sorry for shitting on your parade, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express their wishes. I just think yours is shit biggrin.png (insert friendly banter font on the last two sentences)

It looked pretty.

If we are to beat United then prettiness is very important. smile.png

Besides, they would be spread out lol, and not in the middle of the pitch.

Jelavic got a double in this fixture last year. Worth giving him a run? He might like Old Trafford. It seems (watching United this season) to be a place where you can play shit and still succeed, so maybe one of his scuffs or half volleys straight at the keeper might get parried in by De Gea.

Jelavic got a double in this fixture last year. Worth giving him a run? He might like Old Trafford. It seems (watching United this season) to be a place where you can play shit and still succeed, so maybe one of his scuffs or half volleys straight at the keeper might get parried in by De Gea.

I think he might play. I think it was Moyes plan to drop him to show that he's been doing shite and then give him his 'comeback game' against Manchester United where he can hopefully do some damage. I'd love to see him score and I believe he has the ability to do it - it's just whether his confidence can come back when it matters most.