IGNORED

Oldham Athletic (FA Cup)

pete0

If that was the reason Duffy would have been on the pitch soon after Smith come on. Moyes was negative and it once again bit him on the arse. People made out Heitinga scoring justified this tactic last time out, but more often than not it doesn't work like tonight.

No, no, no, NO. You don't know how this works, Pete. Tactical decisions that work are the only ones that matter. When they blow up in Moyes' face you are NOT allowed to criticise. They are swept under the carpet like they didn't even happen.

I'm going out to get drunk. Hasta la bye bye.

So Maybe Moyse should have taken a couple of defenders off, kind of unclutter the penalty arearofl.gif

Exactly what I was thinking...

In the last 2 minutes Oldham's tactics had gone out of the window, they were playing with 10 men in the box (11 at the end) so how the hell do you expect us to defend that without extra defensive bodies. It was the right decision, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Mike.

In the last 2 minutes Oldham's tactics had gone out of the window, they were playing with 10 men in the box (11 at the end) so how the hell do you expect us to defend that without extra defensive bodies. It was the right decision, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Mike.

Primary school playground tactics.

No, no, no, NO. You don't know how this works, Pete. Tactical decisions that work are the only ones that matter. When they blow up in Moyes' face you are NOT allowed to criticise. They are swept under the carpet like they didn't even happen.

I'm going out to get drunk. Hasta la bye bye.

Haha, so true. Similar to when a defender not named Johnny cocks up.

Have a good nightbeer.gif.

Edited by pete0

Primary school playground tactics.

Go and have a little lie down, your upset we've lost, so are the rest of us.Oldham were 2-1 down they had nothing to lose, they were obviously going to go high with everything, just about every manager would have put a big lad into the mix.It didn't work out!

Moyes has and will make far worse mistakes than this one, surely getting on his back for this particular one is crazy!

ts be honest oldham played well and deserved the equaliser,if we cant beat them at home we dont deserve to be in it.

Yes I thought that in 1990 when we had a very good side, and could 'only' draw at Boundary Park, but lo and behold they got a deserved draw at Goodison and beat us in a second replay. Point being, all oppositions deserve respect, there was talk beforehand this would be a straight forward win but previous experiences dictated it would be anything but. Expect another difficult game at home with todays opposition.

I'm still fucking irritated about being so close to victory and then some kid scores and we have to do it all again. Yes ok they may have deserved it, but that's no good to anyone right now. As again, at least we are still involved in this years competition. If not for our goalkeeper today, there may not have even been that.

Calm down (both of you). Everyone is pissed off and everyone has different opinions, that is why we have a forum so that we can share them. This is a thread for discussing them not kicking off at one another, let's just agree to disagree and move on.

That's what's going wrong here essentially.

Arguments starting between supporters of our own club and all because of a drawn game we were very near to winning.

Most of us will be upset now, but at least once again, we are still invoved, and should win the replay.

There's no sense in arguments with each other. Going for a hot shower to calm down

very very disappointing once again - either we do not have a good team or most of our opposition are actually better than us -

how do you explain that Everton never has an easy game - they make heavy weather of any opposition -

i think playing the blind school will be a tough one too -

this team has a mental block and an unsuppressable urge to draw - especially against very weak opposition -

now who takes responsibility for that ?

Moyes apologists step 2: Deflection, divert the topic away from Moyes and onto a random poster.

What the fuck are you talking about.....Moyes makes loads of mistakes, Duffy wasn't one of them, in those last few minutes Oldham did care if we scored 3 more the result would have been the same....a defeat, they didn't give a shit about defending, that's why their goalkeeper was up there.This mentality didn't really kick in until the last few minutes.....about he same time Duffy came on.

It was for the righ reasons, it just didn't work, sometimes they don't.

Twenty two players chasing the ball.

Yes!.....includng the Oldham keeper, those last few minutes, the last thing on Oldhams mind was defending (as you would expect) they really wouldn't have cared if RVP was standing on the half way line, so they din't give a shit about a mis-firing Yelavic.They were just going to keep sending them towards THE BIG LAD........so Moyes puts on his BIG lad, in theory it should have worked.

But it didn't, well done Oldham, but that move by Moyes I think was the obvious one.

Edited by Blue 250

Cant see what the problem is. id have been fuming if we got beat. We didnt and we will get through, Oldham get a pay day and if we get a good drawer we get to Wembley. People going on about Davey and his contract is a different thread. We were poor again today but it highlights again the lack of signings upfront which will fuck us up again

But when you start with...

....you're inviting conflict.

No problem at all with people disagreeing with me, just don't need them to be smug bastards when they're doing it.

wink.png

The word smug suggests sure of themselves, in the case of Moyes throwing on Duffy I have to confess I do have that emotion.

I like Moyes, he frustrates me at times, he makes mistakes, this wasn't one.The word Bastard suggest your not happy!

FFS! We lost to a lower grade side that had nothing to lose. Get over it. The Duffy inclusion was good tactics whether it be positional or just to waste time...it was still a viable option at the time.

We were under a lot of pressure at the end but didn't make it easier on ourselves by just hoofing it out. We're supposed to be better than that!

Timmy made a few great saves that kept us in the game but ultimately it was his lack of judgement that led to the Oldham equaliser. Yes, I know you'll say he was impeded but please don't tell me that Swartzer or Cech couldn't have done better......because they would have!

We drew against a team we should have beaten, but that's the whole Everton story isn't it? Promise so much and deliver so little on the day

maybe bringing on another midfielder for Jelavic would have alowed us to dominate midfield and keep possession instead of us all going to stand in front of goal and inviting them to shoot at us

You could have brought on Kelly Brook wearing just Everton socks and the Oldham palyers would still have had eyes only for Smith!

He was their 'not so secret' weapon and boy did it work!

Who ever you'd have brought on, where ever you'd have placed them on the pitch, the only thing you could certain of is, that if Oldham had the ball, they were going high and long, it works, they proved it.

I think you have to play the percentage game in moments like that, there's a fair chance Duffy can out jump any other Everton defender, the fact he didn't out jump Smith isn't Moyes fault.

Now I'm off to bed to think about Kelly Brook in just her Blue and White socks.

We can still win this cup, that's all that really matters.

Might not have been a mistake but it probably was unnessesary. If Moyes really wanted to combat them lumping it forward to the big man then he should have tried pushing the back line further up the pitch. Inatead we dropped deeper and invited them on to us for the last 30 mins which eventually led to their goal.