IGNORED

Oldham Athletic (FA Cup)

pete0

I can't even remember when I was sixteen. I think Keaton and Lloyd were star attractions at the theater, but the thing is, you have to give this opposition the credit they deserve. Ok, Liverpool are a good humor team that are generally poor despite some decent results here and there, but they (OAFC) deserved their victory and played well. I remember back in 1990 when Everton were doing well in the league, and were playing for a european place, and we had names like Cottee, Sharp, Sheedy, Whiteside, Southall, Nevin and Ratcliffe involved and we got drawn with (lower league) Oldham in the 5th round games, and I remember speaking to supporters at the time who thought it would all be straight forward and we would just breeze through, but I argued that it would be anything but and a struggle to survive, and lo and behold, they played well and beat us in a second replay before getting to the semi-finals that year

Give them respect, they're obviously going to be up for this at a difficult venue, and this is the only chance once again we have to win something.

There's every chance they could do a Mersey double here, so caution is recommended. We don't play well with lower league oppositions, and history dictates this will be anything but straight forward.

So long as Moyes goes for it and plays with an attacking emphasis, with the players at our disposal, it should be enough.

It's not so much they beat Liverpool before, they're a poor fucking side anyway, or at least can't take their chances, as last night once again illustrated, but they've beaten us twice before in recent years, and it'll be an awkward game and one of the less hospitable venues that UK soccer can offer.

Still quietly confident

Rest Osman and Pienaar.

Howard

Neville - Jags - Duffy - Baines

Fellaini - Gibson

Anichebe - Barkley - Mirallas

Jelavic

Thats should be more than enough, plus a great opportunity for Jelavic to get confidence. They will be preparing to face arial balls aimed at Felli (as am I), so lets play him def mid and go on the deck they way Jelavic likes it.

this game will probably see 2 South Africans up AGAINST each other BOTH in the midfield - both small - one old one young - one playing for SA at the moment the other not -

PIENAAR v FERRMAN -

the young Ferrman played in the African Cup of Nations and was man of the match at least once - very busy hardworking midfielder -

hope we win comfortably for a change

Oldham will not just believe they can win this, they KNOW they can win it, proved that in the last round.Our boys better be ready for a physical battle, because Oldham players will be straight into them, with Fellaini geting special attention.

This is the sort of game Neville will play a big part, his drive and fight will back up the 4 players who will show their class today (god willing).....Fellaini, Mirallas, Baines and Pienaar.

Get stuck in, keep your heads, and keep the ball on the grass and we should just about get through.

Can we keep a clean sheet?, I think we will score a couple today Anichebe needs playing to his strenght, penalty area back to goal, letting the four mentioned above do the pretty stuff.

Edited by Blue 250

________Howard

Stones Jags Duffy Baines

Osman Hitz Fellaini Oviedo

________Naismith

________Jelavic

Osman to help out defensively with Stones. Naismith behind Jelly just to see if it works. Baines told to take it easy and subbed for Mirallas (or Kennedy if we're comfortable) with 20 mins left to come on and outrun their tired legs.

That is a very weak side. Dont we want to win this cup?

we should hit them fast and hard and win the game in the first half - then play the young benchers in the second half to destroy them

We should but that's never going to happen. It's Everton, we'll probably go in at half-time with a 1-0 lead and make hard work of it for the full 90 minutes.

Everton must get out of this struggling mode -

you are normally as good as the opposition allows you to play -

if small sides regularly cramp our style we have a serious problem -

the odd exeption is acceptable - but we have to start thrashing the weaklings on a regular basis if we want to be seen as one of the big dogs -

i hope we start today

Guest blueboy122

Sounds mad but I would have played duffy, hes a big strong boy and has played lower league action before so will know what to expect against the two big sunday league brutes they play upfront

Weak? 6 first teamers, 3 squad players, and 2 reserves. Their best player is an ex-Everton reserve. They'd swap anyone of their players in their eleven for the Everton counterpart.

First of all you want to introduce Stones into the line up for some reason I cant quite understand. Secondly Duffy is inexperienced. Thirdly Osman is shit on the wing. Oviedo isnt good enough yet by my standard (I know were only playing Oldham but we need to win this). Also, I dont quite understand why you want to start moving the formation around and placing players in different positions such as Naismith. Its not a friendly. Nobody should need to rest because we played united 6 days ago and we dont have another one for a week.

Just seen on ITV that our very own Tony Hibbert is sat in the away end with the Everton fans which is really nice to see. Dressed in a green North Face jacket and a dark blue hoodie to hide his head, I've got a lot of respect for Tony for doing this.

Edited by Zoo