IGNORED

Eating, Drinking & Cooking Thread.

Zoo

On 02/11/2022 at 22:01, Palfy said:

Master chef the professional is back, Marcus's skills test was very testing, in fairness though all 4 chef's did well in their skills tests. Nathan was obviously a red, the other 3 got through they loved Parinder's food.ย 

Impressive final week of heats, very pleased the Swedish lass got through, takes after her dad I think...

ย 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Impressive final week of heats, very pleased the Swedish lass got through, takes after her dad I think...

ย 

I have to confess Mike I haven't kept up with it this series, but I have it all on series link recording, has it been a good series. Asย crazy as it sounds the older I get the less time I seem to have, don't know why I thought it would be the other way around.ย 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I have to confess Mike I haven't kept up with it this series, but I have it all on series link recording, has it been a good series. Asย crazy as it sounds the older I get the less time I seem to have, don't know why I thought it would be the other way around.ย 

I've enjoyed it, I have more time than I know what to do with nowadays!

Bright side on the cooking front, had final measurements done this morning for new kitchen installation; not being done until after Christmas but looking forward to that, if not the chaos involved.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bright side on the cooking front, had final measurements done this morning for new kitchen installation; not being done until after Christmas but looking forward to that, if not the chaos involved.

Fair play mate hope it all goes to plan, Josh is going to be eating well next year with master chef Mike in the new kitchen๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿณ

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've started proper cooking again for the first time in nearly ten years, I actually have a proper appetite (although I have to take a codeine ahead of main meal to reduce throat pain)๐Ÿ‘ย 

Batch cooking so I'm well stocked in the freezer, curry (just add meat or prawns), chilli con carne (best I've ever made), kidney and sausage casserole (I know kidneys are much hated by many but I love them).

Come the revolution I'll not go hungry:P

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

I've started proper cooking again for the first time in nearly ten years, I actually have a proper appetite (although I have to take a codeine ahead of main meal to reduce throat pain)๐Ÿ‘ย 

Batch cooking so I'm well stocked in the freezer, curry (just add meat or prawns), chilli con carne (best I've ever made), kidney and sausage casserole (I know kidneys are much hated by many but I love them).

You say that like taking codeine is a hardship. Itโ€™s magical stuff :lol:.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Liver bacon and onions in Oxo gravy. Kidneys, onion, mushrooms, garlic red wine. Both dishes served with boiled rice.ย ๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

34 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Liver bacon and onions in Oxo gravy. Kidneys, onion, mushrooms, garlic red wine. Both dishes served with boiled rice.ย ๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

Bought some liver yesterday but not decided what to do with it yet!

Favourite kidney dish is with mushrooms in mustard cream sauce, always had it on toast when my mum cooked it but now I'm with you on the rice call:)

Will give garlic and red wine a go, sounds good.ย 

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Bought some liver yesterday but not decided what to do with it yet!

Favourite kidney dish is with mushrooms in mustard cream sauce, always had it on toast when my mum cooked it but now I'm with you on the rice call:)

Will give garlic and red wine a go, sounds good.ย 

Would've thought you'd be fed up of kidney dishes :P

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Is that in a liquid form mate, either way the name sounds like it knows what itโ€™s doing. Chilling ๐Ÿ˜Ž

It is. Took bucket loads of the stuff during my first cancer treatment, but I was dead to the world most of the time so not really any idea of what it's like.

• 1 month later...