IGNORED

Eating, Drinking & Cooking Thread.

Zoo

• 1 month later...

It's finally hot cider season again! Love playing around with adding different things to infuse into the cider while it heats on the stove. Started doing this a couple years ago with my ex and now it's one of my favorite fall/winter activities.ย 

First batch today is with orange, cinnamon stick, star anise and fresh ginger ๐Ÿ˜‹

18 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It's finally hot cider season again! Love playing around with adding different things to infuse into the cider while it heats on the stove. Started doing this a couple years ago with my ex and now it's one of my favorite fall/winter activities.ย 

First batch today is with orange, cinnamon stick, star anise and fresh ginger ๐Ÿ˜‹

Never heard of hot cider do you drink it hot or is it just hot because of how you make it, and what makes it a cider in the true sense of a cider.ย 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Never heard of hot cider do you drink it hot or is it just hot because of how you make it, and what makes it a cider in the true sense of a cider.ย 

Matt's got it spot on. Bought some more today with a few more different ingredients to infuse it with. Cardamom pods, cloves, chai tea. Very excited to see how it turns out

• 5 months later...
On 30/03/2022 at 22:26, Matt said:

https://alternativemeats.co.uk/

Speaking of good meats, these were one of my first employers and all round good folk as well as food.ย 

Thanks for posting this Matt, always good to get reliable reviews when it comes to food. I struggle to get Mutton where I am, and a slow cooked shoulder or neck makes the best curryโ€™s the stronger flavour isnโ€™t lost by the spices.ย 

• 2 weeks later...

Good week for Master Chef, the Chinese fella looks like the show winner at the moment imo, I would love to try his food, John, Greg, J, and all the past winners were blown away with his food. Iโ€™m salivating just thinking of what it would taste like ๐Ÿ‘ย 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Good week for Master Chef, the Chinese fella looks like the show winner at the moment imo, I would love to try his food, John, Greg, J, and all the past winners were blown away with his food. Iโ€™m salivating just thinking of what it would taste like ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Definitely a contender, no question. He's from Singapore rather than China I think.

18 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Singapore. I have a problem with the emotion influencing the result but don't deny his cooking is off the scale. I like the guy from the first week, half Greek I think.

Think, though the Singapore guy was good, that the standard was much higher in the first two groups than the last two; one more batch to come.

14 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Weather permitting tomorrow, we'll be using the wood-fired pizza oven for the first time this year.

Made pizza last night for the first time in ages, but with the oven and pizza stone. I'll see if Mike can add the photosย 

On 16/04/2022 at 09:06, Palfy said:

Binned tonight.

Personally I'm thinking it'll be one of the remaining women who wins; the young anglo/Indian girl hasn't put a foot wrong, and the Scottish lass Sarah I have a serious crush on, so don't want her gone๐Ÿ˜‚

And four of the final six are women as well, that must be a first.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Binned tonight.

Personally I'm thinking it'll be one of the remaining women who wins; the young anglo/Indian girl hasn't put a foot wrong, and the Scottish lass Sarah I have a serious crush on, so don't want her gone๐Ÿ˜‚

And four of the final six are women as well, that must be a first.

I know mate he had a shocker and in fairness he scraped through last week, Iโ€™m not going to his restaurant now, Iโ€™m going with you to the the young Indian girls, love a good curry. Sarah does look sophisticated and classy I must admit, but now Iโ€™ve got a vision of you sat in the lounge bollock naked watching master chef thatโ€™s put me right off my food๐Ÿ˜‚