IGNORED

Reading (H)

Louis

Positives:

Mirallas on the left ie Moyes finally using some common sense breaking up the stale Baines-Pienaar duo for a 20+ goal left winger.

Coleman developing better than expected.

Mucha looked shakey, but competent enough for a back up keeper.

Negatives:

Everything else

Still a long way to go before we save our season.

Positives:

Mirallas on the left ie Moyes finally using some common sense breaking up the stale Baines-Pienaar duo for a 20+ goal left winger.

Coleman developing better than expected.

Mucha looked shakey, but competent enough for a back up keeper.

Negatives:

Everything else

Still a long way to go before we save our season.

bit dramatic Pete but kind of agree with the rest.

6 goals in 2 games will do nicely. Still conceded 2 headed goals around the 6 yard line though, defence still needs some serious organizing. I imagine Jags will be out for a few weeks so were back to our (in my opinion) best defensive pairing of Johnny and Buzz.

Breaking Pienaar and Baines up worked well - every manager is going to concentrate on nullifying that and you could see that again in the first few mins. Splitting them up, allowing both Pienaar and Mirallas to cut in however Baines wasnt as involved as much as he usually is.

Vic had a good cameo too but why he didnt lay that chance off to Jela, I dont know.

bit dramatic Pete but kind of agree with the rest.

6 goals in 2 games will do nicely. Still conceded 2 headed goals around the 6 yard line though, defence still needs some serious organizing. I imagine Jags will be out for a few weeks so were back to our (in my opinion) best defensive pairing of Johnny and Buzz.

Breaking Pienaar and Baines up worked well - every manager is going to concentrate on nullifying that and you could see that again in the first few mins. Splitting them up, allowing both Pienaar and Mirallas to cut in however Baines wasnt as involved as much as he usually is.

Vic had a good cameo too but why he didnt lay that chance off to Jela, I dont know.

I doubt it will be saved tbh. We should be in the top four, but we're barely competing. If we beat Arse and Spurs with no silly slip ups in-between I'll change my tune.

Really good game to watch that from an Evertonian point of view. We bossed the game from start to finish and once we had that 2-0 cushion we could have scored five or six.

I like most was skeptical when I saw that Mucha was starting but I thought he had a really good game, he came out for a cross in the first-half which I believe Howard wouldn't have and looked very confident. The whole team seemed to follow suit too as nobody had bad games (apart from Fellaini being completely useless until he scored) and we never looked like losing.

Onwards and upwards from here?

Cannot keep a clean sheet can we. Heitinga completely at fault again, didn't even pretend to pick up his man. Thought we looked totally suspect at the back all game, despite Reading only have one plan of attack. Mirallas was bright and Gibson did well. Obviously Pienaar popped up in the second half, but I thought he was actually quite poor in the first half. Not much of note from Baines, but Coleman did quite well, constantly getting forward, always offering an option, something we've really lacked.

Don't know what it's going to take for Jelavic to get a goal now, he just can't buy one. Good to win comfortably though and some nice finishing, then again, it was Reading at Goodison.

Good at times, very good for small periods, but I'd say average for large parts.

Plus points for me today, Mirallas' goal, to put it between the goalkeeper and his right post was more than a cool finish, and shows his potential, Coleman, the cross for Fellaini was world class, worthy of a winger and his overall play was very good and Anichebe, when he came on he looked like he had goals in him.His run into the box and finish deserved a goal, the defender did well to keep that out.

Shame about Jags, but a vital 3 points, well done lads.