IGNORED

Man City (H)

pete0

I think it was a case of him being silly if I remember, but even though it was a foul I'm think it was harsh to send him off. Remember watching that game down south in the pub and wondering what the fuck was going on. We played gash.

Edit: When is MOTD on by the way? Not watched it in ages.

Edited by Zoo

I think it was a case of him being silly if I remember, but even though it was a foul I'm think it was harsh to send him off. Remember watching that game down south in the pub and wondering what the fuck was going on. We played gash.

Edit: When is MOTD on by the way? Not watched it in ages.

I can't remember the first booking of that game but i remember the second one, bosingwa swung his leg back and hit pienaar and he went down like he'd been shot.

MOTD is on at 10:30 BBC1 mate :)

Edited by GoodisonRoad

MOTD with their selective highlights just skipping 20 mins, wouldn't want to show us dominating now would they just showing the disallowed goal, the pen shout, Ossie's finest, plus two City shots for the first half to make it look even. Also neglecting Milner, Fellaini, Barry and Dzeck booking/non-booking incidents only putting Pienaar's on. But enough time available to show Mucha's exploits. Bell-ends making it look like City had a chance.

MOTD with their selective highlights just skipping 20 mins, wouldn't want to show us dominating now would they just showing the disallowed goal, the pen shout, Ossie's finest, plus two City shots for the first half to make it look even. Also neglecting Milner, Fellaini, Barry and Dzeck booking/non-booking incidents only putting Pienaar's on. But enough time available to show Mucha's exploits. Bell-ends making it look like City had a chance.

Bigger egos need to be stoked...

Completely agree, from MOTD's highlights I'd say City were unlucky not to win the game. Bellends they are, you need a season ticket at Goodison just to find out what actually happened.

This. I have to say though I'm actually amazed they showed both our wrongly disallowed goal and our penalty shout.

And don't get me started on Shearer, a random drunk man in a pub would be more insightful than him. Tosser.

This. I have to say though I'm actually amazed they showed both our wrongly disallowed goal and our penalty shout.

And don't get me started on Shearer, a random drunk man in a pub would be more insightful than him. Tosser.

Both of Tevez's piss poor shots in the first half must have been better than all 14 of our corners. We best get someone else on the set-pieces.

Edit: If Rooney scored that peach Osman did they'd still be talking about it. But nar, lets just chat about the second most dubious call for a penalty seems the favourites did feck all else.

Edited by pete0

I read somewhere that fellaini walked straight off at full time? Is this true?

Clapped the fans I think, a few of them went down the tunnel straight away. Only Distin, Heitinga (and Osman I think) came round to clap the Gwladys Street. I think whoever is saying that is just trying to shit stir.

Had to Google him to find out who he was - looks like a bit of a cunt.

Feel for him, he was alright, but had to dumb down* his act to chase the money.

*to the level of dumb that watches the like of Harry Hill, Catherine Tate, 3 non blondes.

Edited by pete0

I didn't see the game. Was busy, and Liverpool were in town today, had a bit of a cold, and was bringing up a lot of phlegm, so put it to good use.

As that City kid who came on stated, it's true we do indeed play better and raise our game against the heavyweights and more recognized sides of this division, and play poor against the Queens Park Rangers and Readings of this league. This can only be frustrating to most.

And Moyes simply doesn't become flavor of the week simply by beating a good side or getting a standout result after some damn awful shit seen before it. Fans can be quite fickle sometimes.

It is though, a marvellous result, a superlative team performance from all that I can ascertain, the hunt for a UEFA cup place continues, we are still involved and looking good enough, but the season isn't over just yet. Probably a few twists and turns still to arrive, but for yesterday, well done to all involved in from what I heard was a great team effort and everybody pulled their weight to achieve that fine victory.

Why the fuck they couldn't have shown the same desire and effort last week when it was most needed is a mystery, but there's no sense in crying over spilt milk.

So my synopisis is 10 against 12.

• if nuts gets red then show should dzeko and milner
  • goal disallowed for offside
  • Penalty for foul on Felli

How City thought they were hard done by is beyond me we were robbed again by a ref and the only reason we are not moaning is bwcause we got the win.

think credit has to go to moyes for goin with big vic..we needed to hassle them all game and that is just what he did...he has looked so up for it this year and left nothing in the tank yesterday..thoroughly deserved standing ovation..i'm just so glad the lad is seeming to realise he can be a good premier league striker and doesn't have to roll, cry, bitch and moan his way through a game..if he wants to be he can be unstoppable

Just saw MOTD, really did make it look like city were just unlucky.... Typical

One thing that was great that I hadn't picked up on at the time was a corner Vic won in the second half after some good play with Gibson and Coleman, when Baines was waiting for the corner, they showed Vic in the middle, bent double. Clearly absolutely wrecked, and he still ran himself into the ground for the 10 mins after. Exactly the kind of leave it all on the pitch attitude I love to see from players

Apart from the opening part of the first half (when both sides were feeling their way) and the first 5 or so minutes of the second half I thought we were excellent and thoroughly deserved the three points.

While there were obviously stand out performers (quite a few actually) I didn't think any player had a bad game. Each and every single one of them put everything into the game. It was necessary after the embarrassment of last week but that doesn't take anything away from what they showed. It wasn't quite the slickness we saw at the beginning of the season but there were times when we clicked perfectly and played some really good football. It was mixed in with a grit and determination that has been missing for quite a while. We've had a soft underbelly for much of this season so it was pleasing to see and if we're not going to click fully with the good football then this mixture is going to be key in the run in until the end of the season. It was a real team performance; they were all pulling for each other, whereas last week they looked like individuals who had never played together before. Where the midfield has often been porous this season, yesterday it was an effective barrier and stopped a lot of attacks reaching the defence. And when City did breach them the defence and goalkeeper were more than a match for most of what was thrown at them. Let's not forget Anichebe as well. He ran and ran, chased everything, held the ball up, used the ball intelligently, created things as well. He was a powerhouse and without his effort we'd have been under the cosh a lot more. Moyes deserves plaudits for bringing him in for this game, he was outstanding.

I couldn't have been more proud of the team after we went down to ten men. They really dug in and probably actually played better than they had with 11 men. I was nervous as hell and fully expected it just be us defending with everything we had, and for a lot of the time we were but we played the game excellently in this period; let them have the ball, crowd them out and then break on them and try and make something happen. The onus was on City to get a goal, not us, so it was the way to go and we implemented the plan perfectly. Our second goal being the perfect example.

Yes, we had some luck with the penalty not being given and Jelavic's shot deflecting over Hart, but we'd also had some bad decisions go against us and it really is about time we had the rub of the green in a game.

The only negative I can see about yesterday is that it makes last week even worse. If we'd shown half as much as we did yesterday we'd be planning a trip to Wembley right now :(.

Mucha - Apart from his kicking being suspect and a couple of dodgy punches I thought he had a brilliant game. He made some crucial saves to keep City out when they'd managed to get through us. Without those saves I really think we'd have capitulated. If they'd got one then I don't think we'd have kept them at bay. If he keeps showing this sort of form then I'd be disappointed if Howard comes straight back in once he's fit because he'll have earned a starting spot.

Coleman - An absolute stonking performance from Seamus and I think, along with Vic, he was the main reason we got the result we did. The reason being that he was always our out ball when we were under pressure so we didn't have to resort to hoofing the ball aimlessly; we could keep hold of the ball and give the defence a bit of respite. Just give the ball to him and let him run with it. And boy did he run. He ran Kolarov absolutely ragged all game long and went past him like he wasn't even there on more than one occasion. The only thing that let him down was his crossing which wasn't the best. Usually he looks dodgy defensively but yesterday he put in a golden defensive performance. I recall two incidents in particular. I'm not sure where Baines was but City were attacking our left and who was there to shut them down? Coleman! The other occasion came when they crossed into our box and he somehow twisted himself to get his head to the ball and divert the ball away from the City attacker who would surely have slotted the ball away. My MOTM.

Heitinga - Easily his best game for us this season, I thought he had such a good game. The difference in his performances when he's not up against pace is crazy. But yesterday he dominated the City forwards and really put himself on the line a few times to stop City getting through us. He was fully committed to the cause. Hopefully this game will have given him a much needed confidence boost.

Distin - I thought at times he was a little over eager when battling for aerial balls with Dzeko. Like, he go for balls that he had no chance of winning when it'd be better to maybe let Dzeko win the ball and then pick up the second ball. But other than that he was solid and formed a good partnership with Heitinga.

Baines - As always he was a constant attacking threat and worked well with Pienaar to create openings. But, as is often the case this season, his delivery was pretty poor.

Mirallas - His effort to try and make something happen was excellent; he was always looking to take players on. But, for one reason or another, a lot of it just didn't come off. And what a finish for the incorrectly ruled offside goal. BOOM.

Gibson - Immense in front of the defence. He just knew exactly where to be all game long and then he used the ball like we all know he can do. His passing really is something else.

Osman - For the past couple of months he's been someone for the opposition to target when attacking us but yesterday he stood up to it like a giant. Lately he's been brushed off the ball easily or players have walked past him like he's not even there, but for this game he rarely lost the ball and I lost count of the amount of times he harried the City player to win the ball. And his goal... Fuck. Me. It was an absolute beauty and no keeper would have stopped it. He caught it perfectly and the swerve on it was phenomenal.

Pienaar - He's still drifting inside far too much for my liking but he was heavily involved in our attacking moves and played well. I thought he was quite unlucky with the second yellow he received but I can also understand it too. I honestly think he was just sticking his leg up to block the ball and was just unlucky that his leg came down and went against Martinez's leg. But to the ref it would have looked nasty.

Fellaini - He wasn't one of our better players, IMO, but an amazing performance isn't what we needed to see from him. We needed to see that he was committed and he for me he put in a fully committed performance. Just look at the challenge early on that he was booked for. I haven't managed to see a replay of it but watching it in real time I thought it was a full blooded challenge but it looked fair to me. He was another player who was really good in the latter stages of the game with his willingness to run into City's half with the ball. For Jelavic's goal I thought he'd waited too long to pass the ball but it all turned out in the end.

Anichebe - He deserves a massive pat on the back for yesterday. He was bloody brilliant and you could not have asked for anything more than what he gave. He chased absolutely everything all game long, he used his strength perfectly, he was clever with his use of the ball... basically, he was the perfect lone striker. I'm glad he was subbed so that he could receive the thanks of the crowd; he really deserved to know how much we appreciated him. If not for Coleman he'd have been my MOTM.