IGNORED

Man City (H)

pete0

Must win, probably not, but a must not stick. Hopefully Moyes (if he's still here) doesn't crawl into a shell and forfeit the game from the off like today and has the balls/brains to twist. City at home is usually a game that picks the boys up, whilst putting two fingers up to clubs or now more accurately franchises that have sold their soul, but of late it seems like Davey has given up the battle.

Team I'd like to see play.

__________Mucha

Coleman Heitinga Duffy Baines

_____Gibson Fellaini Osman

______Barkley Mirallas

__________Jelavic

With the instruction of Osman and Gibson to stay aware of the wings (City don't really play down the flanks much), Felli to soak up the pressure and get forward when/if we are comfortably in control. Ross/Mirallas given the freedom to cover where ever as long as they stay up the pitch and close down when not in possession. Jelavic to make space for the other 2 to take a shot or them the option of a through ball. Stones, Oviedo, Hitz, Junior, and Anichebe all warming up from the off to keep the players -lucky enough to be playing- on their toes. (Awaits the show us your badges brigade).

If Moyes plays the same old players the same old way I'm going to turn into a monkey having a whizz.

Hard to get excited for this. Gonna have to have a speech written about how City are a soulless club of mercenaries for when my city fan friend comes to rub it in after we get hammered. Let's hope gibbo repeats his heroics.

Heart says 1-0

Head says 0-2

I'll be going but not looking forward to it. Manchester City thumped Barnsley 5-0 so they are in better form than us (and have a much bigger and better squad). I can only see this ending in defeat. Especially if Moyes sticks with Neville in the centre of midfield.

We usually do really well against City so can see us nicking it to compensate for the loss against Wigan. They always do this though, we play a shit team like Wigan and might as well not have showed up then we play one of the best teams in the world and all of a sudden we can play world class football. It pisses me right off the overall attitude of the players.

Getting fucked won't help you Matt, and will just make you sore.

Lot's of forum issues this morning.

ordinarily id agree but ended up having a great time! Full of optimism now biggrin.png

The going to get fucked bit related to the game though, not my state!

Edited by Matt

Just had a look at that 'futhead' website that Droobie just posted. It's quite nifty, we should use that more often when predicting lineups :)

Edit: @Droobie; How did you post your team mate? I've done mine but can't find a link anywhere to copy and poste the picture to forums.

Edited by Zoo

I must try and have a go at another match day thread if possible before end of season. I would have liked a Millwall semi-final game but that's dead in the water now. Only to add, you never know what will occur, but City are a very good side but we usually do well at home against these, but will it continue here ? A draw seems most probable right now.

Everton 1 Manchester City 1

Edit: @Droobie; How did you post your team mate? I've done mine but can't find a link anywhere to copy and poste the picture to forums.

Yeah I was bored with typing names and space - bar to put a formation and then found that site... Did a screen print and edited the image (crop and resize). A bit fiddly, but looks good. Now all I need to figure out is how to have the pic come up properly in the post...

Would actually be a good idea I think. Show him we are thankful but that it's time for both him and Everton to move on. Try and end things on a good note.

Kenwright would then probably not understand and offer him yet another contract with a 50% pay rise.

Edited by Fearthainn

What a joke the man with the face of incompetence* is allowed to ref this fixture again. Shouldn't even be employed anymore after the pen he gave them for an Fellaini, sorry Osman foul(?).

*Seriously, the majority of first impressions are right so there's a good chance this bloke is as daft as a brush. His decision-making has hardly helped change my opinion.

Lee_Probert.jpg

I'd say defend would be the best option against City but we can't defend this season at all. I think that going all out attack is the only way we are going to get anything and just hope that somehow we score more goals than them.

Just watched McAleny's strike on the OS and it is a beauty. He's scored 6 in 6 now, deserves a run out. Barkley looked lively as well, sending off was stupid on his behalf, but still a harsh decision. Be a nice little shock to the City stars bringing the kids on to give them a surprise runaround.

Stubbsy seems to be doing an excellent job with the kids. Like to see some of them get a proper chance in the first team before the end of the season ie not the last three minutes when we are losing.

Just watched McAleny's strike on the OS and it is a beauty. He's scored 6 in 6 now, deserves a run out. Barkley looked lively as well, sending off was stupid on his behalf, but still a harsh decision. Be a nice little shock to the City stars bringing the kids on to give them a surprise runaround.

Just had a look at that 'futhead' website that Droobie just posted. It's quite nifty, we should use that more often when predicting lineups :)

I think my only qualm with it is that according to the player stats Heitinga is faster than Distin!