IGNORED

Man City (H)

pete0

From his abjectly dreadul debut at Portsmouth I have never warmed to Heitinga. I'd give him 4/10 as a signing. Massively disappointing. Distin has my utmost respect.

Complete bollocks.

One of the most solid defenders we've had in recent years and his commitment to the fans is second to none. He may have dwindled a little bit this season but in my books he's a fantastic servant to the football club.

Complete bollocks.

One of the most solid defenders we've had in recent years and his commitment to the fans is second to none. He may have dwindled a little bit this season but in my books he's a fantastic servant to the football club.

Well that didn't take long - for me to talk balls that is. Unfortunately I cannot go to many games any more due to the cost of travel from Ireland and my illness so I will take your word on his bond with the fans. Personally I see Heitinga largely as a phoney. I don't care if he pumps his fist a million times to the crowd it's what he does with the football after that in terms of playing that really matters to me. I think he is gash mate.

Edited by weebittight

Complete bollocks. " I'd like to offer a slightly different opinion."

Lol Zoo mate.

Heitinga has been poor this season. Nobody should give a hoot how good he was in the past when these guys are commanding the wages they are. They are paid to be in form, and he has been careless this season.

Not having a go at you personally WBT, it's nice to see a new face round here it's just that I think Heitinga is brilliant, his form has dipped this season and that's obvious but I think to call him 'gash' it a little over the top (and unnecessary.)

Not having a go at you personally WBT, it's nice to see a new face round here it's just that I think Heitinga is brilliant, his form has dipped this season and that's obvious but I think to call him 'gash' it a little over the top (and unnecessary.)

Better not tell you how I feel about Neville's current abilities!

We all have our favourites and there's nothing wrong with defending them. I just feel Heitinga - but for a good spell last season - is and has been a massive liability. For all his animated, agressive gesturing he loses the physical battle a lot of the time. I am afraid I expected more from someone of his supposed pedigree. Some of his performances this season have been truly woeful. I will withdraw the "gash" remark.

Lol Zoo mate.

Heitinga has been poor this season. Nobody should give a hoot how good he was in the past when these guys are commanding the wages they are. They are paid to be in form, and he has been careless this season.

In that case we can get rid of Pienaar, Osman, Jelavic, Neville and Gibson to. None have reached their normal form this season. ;) I also like Heitinga (much like Zoo) but I want him back to last seasons form.

Pienaar for me can go. He's a brilliant player but is getting older and older, if we sold him now we could probably get some good money for him and replace. If we leave him then we're going to have to find that money from elsewhere.

Agreed on this one. Pienaar has been well below his normal consistent standard since the turn of the year.

Well after the shower we had to endure against Wigan Moyes and the lads owe us all a very good shift and effort!

I know this is a tough game goes without saying but we really need to make changes as we have stagnated of late and we look like on current form we are going to leak goals against City...

It's never going to happen but I'd try and freshen things up a bit and go with something City wouldn't really expect We have nothing to lose if we play the team and system Moyes insistently favours we are in for a tough ride anyway...

Seen this line-up banded about by a few on Facebook with adding Duffy to shore up at the back and play Coleman and Baines as wingbacks which I'd personally go for and move Pienaar in the middle and have both Mirallas and Oviedo on either side both have bags of pace and I feel Oviedo has more then enough to be starting each week even more so after some o the dross Pienaar has produced on the left of late

.......................Mucha

.......Johnny....Distin....Duffy

Coleman...........................Baines

.....................Gibson

Mirallas.......Pienaar........Oviedo

.....................Jelavic

A sneaky last minute winner 2-1...........................pls!!

I did a questions & answers with the City lads on Love Everton if anybody wants to read it:

The replies are actually quite good. They seem to have settled down slightly now that they've had a few seasons.

Regarding the match, I think we are in poor form, and I'm hoping that win, draw, or lose, we will wake up today and get the hunger back. They have a lot of players out by all accounts.

Im not really too fussed about this game today. I will watch it and I do expect them to come out firing, but as far as I am concerned it will be a week too late.

Same for me, even though I despite Evertonians that are constantly on the negative if Everton win today I'll be even more pissed off about the Wigan result than I was last week.

TEAM NEWS: Leon Osman captains #EFC today, while Victor Anichebe starts up front. Full line-ups to follow... #COYB

Mucha, Baines, Gibson, Heitinga, Mirallas, Distin, Osman ©, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe.

Springthorpe, Oviedo, Jelavic, Naismith, Neville, Barkley, Duffy

Fair enough he's had the bottle to drop a few, but osman was another one who needed dropping imo...not to be made captain.

TEAM NEWS: Leon Osman captains #EFC today, while Victor Anichebe starts up front. Full line-ups to follow... #COYB

Mucha, Baines, Gibson, Heitinga, Mirallas, Distin, Osman ©, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe.

Springthorpe, Oviedo, Jelavic, Naismith, Neville, Barkley, Duffy

Feeling confident in Anichebe, one of his best games was against City when he ran them ragged. 2-0, if we're not capable of a clean sheet 3-1.