IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well at least Dyche’s breaking some Everton records, just a shame not the ones we want to see. 

Change the story is the thing he keeps saying, it’s almost like he needs to change the record.

availability of spares is at the highest it’s been in a long long time. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Change the story is the thing he keeps saying, it’s almost like he needs to change the record.

availability of spares is at the highest it’s been in a long long time. 

He’s getting found out mate it won’t be long. There’s one thing he keeps saying which I do agree with which is we have some decent players here, good enough to be in the top 10-8 in the league imo, all we need is a decent manager who knows how to set up team up to play at them heights and higher and we will go into Bramley Moore on a high instead of relegation candidates if not all ready relegated before we get there. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

He’s getting found out mate it won’t be long. There’s one thing he keeps saying which I do agree with which is we have some decent players here, good enough to be in the top 10-8 in the league imo, all we need is a decent manager who knows how to set up team up to play at them heights and higher and we will go into Bramley Moore on a high instead of relegation candidates if not all ready relegated before we get there. 

If these decent players convert the chances they're creating, we would be. 

Just now, Matt said:

If these decent players convert the chances they're creating, we would be. 

And what about controlling the midfield to help protect the defence and stop conceding, people can say we where done by dead ball situations, but they forget the pressure we where under that lead to a free kick and god knows how many corners in about a 10 minute period, a complete phase of panic took over and we conceded 2 goals to what is generally regarded as the worse team to ever get into the PL. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And what about controlling the midfield to help protect the defence and stop conceding, people can say we where done by dead ball situations, but they forget the pressure we where under that lead to a free kick and god knows how many corners in about a 10 minute period, a complete phase of panic took over and we conceded 2 goals to what is generally regarded as the worse team to ever get into the PL. 

What about scoring from the opportunities that were actually creating? If you're ahead you can dictate play better. Goals win games, leads give room to manoeuvre. Our shots will start to become goals with time. If we had scored 10% of our shots on target, we'd be near 10th or more. 

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

What about scoring from the opportunities that were actually creating? If you're ahead you can dictate play better. Goals win games, leads give room to manoeuvre. Our shots will start to become goals with time. If we had scored 10% of our shots on target, we'd be near 10th or more. 

Then don’t play Gana in midfield you’re just wasting any opportunities that fall his way, play Garner he will control the play better and he has shown he can hit the target. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Then don’t play Gana in midfield you’re just wasting any opportunities that fall his way, play Garner he will control the play better and he has shown he can hit the target. 

I'd drop Onana personally, too inconsistent. Put Gana, the best ball winner we've got, in front of the back 4 and tell him to not go past the halfway line. Break up play, play it forward or to Garner/FBs. Just change his basic remit. 

But still, this doesn't affect the fact that if we covert 10% of our (on average) 15 shots a game, our position improves regardless of other changes.

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd drop Onana personally, too inconsistent. Put Gana, the best ball winner we've got, in front of the back 4 and tell him to not go past the halfway line. Break up play, play it forward or to Garner/FBs. Just change his basic remit. 

But still, this doesn't affect the fact that if we covert 10% of our (on average) 15 shots a game, our position improves regardless of other changes.

I agree with converting our big chances but a lot of those shots or more hit and hope from players who if they had vision wouldn’t try a shot from a position or angle they have very little chance of scoring from they would be looking to slide a runner in instead, and the 3 main culprits are Gana, Onana, and Doucoure they lack the ability to control and play a ball Onana is probably the best out the 3 for getting a ball under control but his passing to open up defences is poor, Gana and Doucoure’s first touch is shocking and their passing in forward positions is none existent, only Garner has the ability to execute decent control and penetrating passes from the middle of the pitch, we don’t just lose games because of chances we miss we lose games as well because we don’t defend as a team and our midfield gives up possession to easily, I have complete confidence that Garner will help control that side of the game with his more natural ability and good vision. For me Gana is the weakest of the 3 poor in a forward position and dangerous in a defensive position, with his 2-3 poor back passes every game to the opposition and fouls in central positions just outside the box. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree with converting our big chances but a lot of those shots or more hit and hope from players who if they had vision wouldn’t try a shot from a position or angle they have very little chance of scoring from they would be looking to slide a runner in instead, and the 3 main culprits are Gana, Onana, and Doucoure they lack the ability to control and play a ball Onana is probably the best out the 3 for getting a ball under control but his passing to open up defences is poor, Gana and Doucoure’s first touch is shocking and their passing in forward positions is none existent, only Garner has the ability to execute decent control and penetrating passes from the middle of the pitch, we don’t just lose games because of chances we miss we lose games as well because we don’t defend as a team and our midfield gives up possession to easily, I have complete confidence that Garner will help control that side of the game with his more natural ability and good vision. For me Gana is the weakest of the 3 poor in a forward position and dangerous in a defensive position, with his 2-3 poor back passes every game to the opposition and fouls in central positions just outside the box. 

Ok, if I take the average of 5 shots on target per game, we need 1 more of them per game being converted. A 20% increase in finishing. That's all it is and this is why I'm so annoyed. We're so close to being in that top half. We just need to have patience.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I started using it a few months ago, sleeping so much better now. I use gummy sweets though, rather than oil. 

What brand do you use? I’ve been on low dose antidepressants for a while now, gonna look to get off them - will need to do it the proper way. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

I started using it a few months ago, sleeping so much better now. I use gummy sweets though, rather than oil. 

I've been using it for a couple of years now and it really does help with sleep.

I tried the gummies but didn't enjoy the taste so I just use the oil and vape.

34 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What brand do you use? I’ve been on low dose antidepressants for a while now, gonna look to get off them - will need to do it the proper way. 

Get off them as soon as you can please mate, antidepressants ruined my mother’s life for 40 years, I’ve seen the damage they can do if you become long term dependent on them and it’s not pretty Haf.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Get off them as soon as you can please mate, antidepressants ruined my mother’s life for 40 years, I’ve seen the damage they can do if you become long term dependent on them and it’s not pretty Haf.  

I think there is a huge stigma with them, for me I believe they numb you a fair bit but the relief they gave me from crippling dark depression and anxiety made them a complete gift. 

im on 50mg of Sertraline which is the lowest therapeutic dose but even then I find that the side effects are still somewhat annoying. Brain fog, lethargy, no libido etc. 

for me the medical world need a good fuckin kickin for the neglect of developing better treatments for mental health issues.  The government’s of the world and big pharma have long known that psychedelics and cannabis can be a huge help in treating issues…. Yet they were swept under the carpet.  Fortunately there are seriously influential medical people pushing trials. Some very interesting videos and studies out there. People micro dosing lsd etc. 

well worth keeping an eye out for developments. I’m fascinated by people doing DMT and Ayahuasca and fixing their brains so to speak, MDMA fixing ptsd etc. 

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think there is a huge stigma with them, for me I believe they numb you a fair bit but the relief they gave me from crippling dark depression and anxiety made them a complete gift. 

im on 50mg of Sertraline which is the lowest therapeutic dose but even then I find that the side effects are still somewhat annoying. Brain fog, lethargy, no libido etc. 

for me the medical world need a good fuckin kickin for the neglect of developing better treatments for mental health issues.  The government’s of the world and big pharma have long known that psychedelics and cannabis can be a huge help in treating issues…. Yet they were swept under the carpet.  Fortunately there are seriously influential medical people pushing trials. Some very interesting videos and studies out there. People micro dosing lsd etc. 

well worth keeping an eye out for developments. I’m fascinated by people doing DMT and Ayahuasca and fixing their brains so to speak, MDMA fixing ptsd etc. 

just take care of yourself mate that’s all 👍

@StevO what brand cbd are you using? 

On 08/10/2023 at 09:00, Hafnia said:

Supreme CBD. Medium strength. Just have two or three before bed, depending how tired I am. 

If you follow Anthony Fowler on Twitter he talks a lot about the different types of cbd available, and I’ve no reason to not trust him, he says his brand (supreme) is using the stronger stuff. 
He’s also always offering 40% discount with a voucher code, so it seems expensive at first but 40% off is a big chunk. 

Right let’s get back on track, a great win against Bournemouth so my thinking is rather than sitting on our laurels we should be looking at how we can improve on that win and keep moving in the right direction. Personally I would like to see Danjuma playing wide left and replace McNeil who has been a shadow of the player from last season, everyone needs to earn their spot in the starting lineup and at this moment in time McNeil is struggling to earn his. We can’t stand still if someone isn’t performing to their best and there is an option then the change should be made.  

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Right let’s get back on track, a great win against Bournemouth so my thinking is rather than sitting on our laurels we should be looking at how we can improve on that win and keep moving in the right direction. Personally I would like to see Danjuma playing wide left and replace McNeil who has been a shadow of the player from last season, everyone needs to earn their spot in the starting lineup and at this moment in time McNeil is struggling to earn his. We can’t stand still if someone isn’t performing to their best and there is an option then the change should be made.  

I'd say Zero chance of that happening against Liverpool and rightly so.  While I don't necessarily always agree with the wingers need to be good at defending philsophy that Dyche seems to have I think for games like that you really do need your hard working wingers who will chase around and put in a shift with their full back and McNeil is a player who can do that.

I think he had a good game on Saturday to be honest anyway.