IGNORED

Sunderland

Finn balor

We've got a chase on for a CL spot and all our remaining games are not easy. We haven't capitalised on the clubs we should be comfortably winning against; too many draws this season too. On paper, Sunderland is the lowest place team we get to play from now to the end of the season. As Marcopaulo says must win. We have must wins from here on if we want to be playing in Europe.

I tip 2-1 with a Belgian brace: Mirallas and Fellaini to score!

Like I said in the 'Run In' thread, this isn't going to be an easy game. However, If we play with the same passion as we did at the Emirates with a bit more guile we should win this one. They don't really have many strike options at the moment so our full backs are going to have to guard McLean and Johnson on the wings because that's where their goals are going to come from.

2-0 Everton.

Anichebe + Baines (fk/pen)

Edited by MoyesForPM

Feeling quite apprehensive about this one.

They'll be full of confidence, backed by their own fans who are sure to be full of beans themselves.

Also, I'm sure they said during the Arsenal game we've only won 4 times away this season (only lost 4 times as well, mind).

villa, swansea, west ham and newcastle...and 2 of them were in the first 3 away matches..west brom bein the other..didn't realise our away form was that bad actually..only 2 wins since september

apparently ossie has 'an outside chance' of being fit..i hope he doesn't throw him back in too early..needs a rest..and it seems barkley showed he has something to offer the first team

Edited by marcopaulo

I'm hoping Osman is no where near the squad if i'm honest, the lad looked dead on his feet and needs a "get a week in the sunshine and a bit of swimming done". United have done that every now and then with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo in the past. Ossie isn't a machine like your distins and Baines.

Would like to see Barkley again.

I know Di Canio's Swindon team used to play some decent football so its important we get in their faces and stop them from playing, just like we did for the most part against Arsenal. If we take it easy, sit back and let them have the ball we will be in trouble.

They will be up for it from the off and the crowd will be too. An early goal will put paid to that but we need to compete and not put any silly challenges in.I think we will have too much quality for them just hope we take our chances and somebody has taught Vic to lift the ball over the goalie in a one on one we will be ok

http://www.eplindex.com/30551/an-analysis-of-sunderlands-new-pressing-philosophy-tactics-stats.html

Apparently Di Canio wants to press high up the pitch (for which I applaud him), so I expect a lot of hoofs from Distin and Jagielka. Perhaps put Fellaini up front again?

Sounds like it might be like Soton away! They pressed high and we fell apart. However, Arsenal didnt give us acres of space and up until the last half hour we coped well enough.