IGNORED

Sunderland

Finn balor

Not a good performance but not through the lack of trying (in the 2nd half). Pienaa and Osman may as well not have been on the pitch and we couldn't keep hold of the ball in their half. We didnt look prepared to deal with Sunderland's tactics and its actually as if we hadnt done our home work on them.

Moyes did the right thing and brought on someone to partner Vic as he was badly isolated but it took a long time for that happen.

The the CL dream over and probably also our quest for 5th depending on what Spurs do.

Fellaini easily my MOTM. He didnt do anything special but he worked hard and mopped everything up. Who would have thought that moving him deeper would make him a much better all round and consistent player?

pretty much everyone here on TT :D

I think you can add Mirallas and all the subs to the absentee list to be honest. Quite often looked like we were playing with 5 men....

I did not see the game, however, we were losing, needed a goal so take off a Striker and put on a Naismith?? Can understand Ossie going off, he has been poor of late, but does Naismith have something over Moyes???? He seems to be Moyes answer to everything, when in doubt, put on Naismith!!

Poor showing from us overall today, a complete lack of a team purpose and some poor individual performances also. Pienaars decline at the moment is quite spectacular, and it seems to have knocked Baines's confidence a bit also. Mirallas looks as though he is going to be quite in/out, and a clearly still knackered Osman can be added to the list, i was surprised when i saw his name included tbh.

I just think games like today(against the lower teams) should be our bread and butter games, where we build up our goal difference and let the likes of Barkley have the runaround. Yet somehow we continually manage to under perform in them and show our weaknesses. the game today showed why we so badly need some more options within the squad, even when he did eventually change it there wasn't much to choose from in terms of needing someone to save a point from an important game.

Overall very poor today, we can play so much better.

Edited by Simon

not sure which Felliani people were watching, but I dont think he did all that well. Plus, he had a little strop ala Wigan again. He did his job reasonably well but his performance was average. Maybe only looked better considering the shite that was playing with him.

Guest rusty747

Time to face facts. We aren't good enough for Europe and we will 'overachieve' again by finishing sixth or seventh. I don't know what it is about Moyes and strikers but he seems to destroy or demotivate every single one he buys. Baines screwed up for their goal but if we are the team we think we are we should rise above it and bury teams with a 3-1 come from behind win. I sense a lack of belief and that we wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. In short we are thinking like a team who don't believe we will win. Ok we don't have much cash to splash but there is no excuse for what we saw today. Jelavic cheating and diving to try to get a penalty is not something I want to see again. We don't do that at Everton. A bad performance I can take but this was more than a bad performance. There was no belief, hunger, organisation, leadership or creative spark. Play like that at Anfield and we will get well and truly twatted!

Time to face facts. We aren't good enough for Europe and we will 'overachieve' again by finishing sixth or seventh. I don't know what it is about Moyes and strikers but he seems to destroy or demotivate every single one he buys. Baines screwed up for their goal but if we are the team we think we are we should rise above it and bury teams with a 3-1 come from behind win. I sense a lack of belief and that we wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. In short we are thinking like a team who don't believe we will win. Ok we don't have much cash to splash but there is no excuse for what we saw today. Jelavic cheating and diving to try to get a penalty is not something I want to see again. We don't do that at Everton. A bad performance I can take but this was more than a bad performance. There was no belief, hunger, organisation, leadership or creative spark. Play like that at Anfield and we will get well and truly twatted!

Yeah. I mean I love Everton, it's a club with lots of character. But it's already fantastic that we were in a race for the CL for such a long time with Tottenham. I mean they have superb players. I reckon Baines and Fellaini would be the only players who would get in the current Spurs starting Line-up. Jelavic too if he was in good shape and maybe this Coleman could get a shot as well. But that's about it. I just wish EFC would for once take the EL seriously. If it wants to get a prize, I'd suggest they focus on that one.

We've used the least amount of players in the prem, and dropped about half a dozen points earlier in the season because of referee error. We're the only club to beat both Mancs, and we've added Spurs to that as well. My ass we're not good enough.

If Fellaini goes in the summer and moyes, or the new manager, can bring in 4 or 5 quality players for depth, I think this season will serve as a decent platform for the next campaign to qualify for champs league.

Guest rusty747

We've used the least amount of players in the prem, and dropped about half a dozen points earlier in the season because of referee error. We're the only club to beat both Mancs, and we've added Spurs to that as well. My ass we're not good enough.

If Fellaini goes in the summer and moyes, or the new manager, can bring in 4 or 5 quality players for depth, I think this season will serve as a decent platform for the next campaign to qualify for champs league.

Ref didn't cost us anything today. We just weren't good enough.

And I think you help me make my point. I agree we can be superb against the better teams as we are comfortable with our role as underdogs. What we can't do is accept the responsibility and expectation of being favourites. And until we can learn to do that there is no point beating Man U at Goodison when we take nothing from visits to Norwich and Reading. Wish it wasn't so but it is.

Edited by rusty747

We didn't combat their defensive formation and tactics the right way. We should have made the field as wide and large as possible, really stretch their defense out. But more often than not we had 3 or even 4 players up front in the middle, looking for hoofs. Instead, they should have looked to play in between their defensive lines to find space and pass the ball. So our central midfielders didn't make themselves available and that meant that our centre backs didn't have anyone to pass to. They always tried to play it into a full back but they were immediately pressed by their wing players and could only give it back, so the centre backs had to hoof it. That's something we do way too much in general by the way (building play up over the wings with the full backs). The centre backs should pass it into the central midfielders between the lines (or the winger on the strong side who should be moving inside a bit) and then they can pass it out to the full backs so they can get the ball on the front foot. We never do that though. Possibly because our centre backs just don't have the technical capabilities, maybe because it's Moyes tactics, I don't know.

Add to that, that a couple of players were way below par, even when they were in space (like Pienaar), and it's going to be hard to win.

Guest rusty747

Yes, we have a thin squad but we don't even make full use of it. Barkley is fresh and would have been confident after his Arsenal performance. He should have started. Ossie could have replaced him if we needed an older head after about 60 minutes. I like Pienaar but let's be honest - he has been dire recently and needs to be dropped for Oviedo. I can't believe Gibson was subbed for any reason other than feeling his injury so that's fair enough. What does Duffy have to do to get a start. Heitinga did not look good at all today.

If Gibson and Jags are not available for Fulham I would like to start

Howard

Coleman

Distin

Duffy

Baines

Mirralis

Fellaini

Barkley

Oviedo

Osman

Anichebe

It could be 451 or 4411 with Barkley playing behind Vic or 4141 with Felli playing in front of the back 4

But we can't complain about a thin squad when we don't rotate players when we have the opportunity.

Edited by rusty747

Yes, we have a thin squad but we don't even make full use of it. Barkley is fresh and would have been confident after his Arsenal performance. He should have started. Ossie could have replaced him if we needed an older head after about 60 minutes. I like Pienaar but let's be honest - he has been dire recently and needs to be dropped for Oviedo. I can't believe Gibson was subbed for any reason other than feeling his injury so that's fair enough. What does Duffy have to do to get a start. Heitinga did not look good at all today.

If Gibson and Jags are not available for Fulham I would like to start

Howard

Coleman

Distin

Duffy

Baines

Mirralis

Fellaini

Barkley

Oviedo

Osman

Anichebe

It could be 451 or 4412 with Barkley playing behind Vic

But we can't complain about a thin squad when we don't rotate players when we have the opportunity.

Is he any good, this Mirralis guy?

Been in work today so caught bits on the radio. I think today summed the season up to be honest. When we get in good positions or need to show our intent we bottle out and dont turn up. Its all well and good getting up for the big games but thats West Brom,Reading,Norwich,Sunderland we have been beaten by never mind the draws against teams we should have got 3 points off. For me Ross should have started behind Vic today and gave Ossie a further break he is hardly Messi that we cant do without him. Peanuts is struggling and has been for 4 or 5 months and doesnt deserve his inclusion straight back into the team. On this peformance i am absolutely dreading the Derby because i know what will happen we will not weigh in and we will sit back and get beat AGAIN!! Now champs league is gone i dont want Europa league, the squad is too thin and we will have a shite premier league because of the travelling and injuries. We have two opportunities to win a trophy next season the Europa is too long and drawn out to bother with due to the fact you earn fuck all apart from more games and revenue from them.

Moyes confirmed Gibbo felt his thigh again thats why he went off, Vic's hamstring is playing up and Jags missed the game due to his "gash" on his ankle opened up in the Arse game

Yeah. I mean I love Everton, it's a club with lots of character. But it's already fantastic that we were in a race for the CL for such a long time with Tottenham. I mean they have superb players. I reckon Baines and Fellaini would be the only players who would get in the current Spurs starting Line-up. Jelavic too if he was in good shape and maybe this Coleman could get a shot as well. But that's about it. I just wish EFC would for once take the EL seriously. If it wants to get a prize, I'd suggest they focus on that one.

Mate, quit trolling on match days.

If O Neill had still been manager we most likely would have done so much better. But as so often happens, a new face comes in, and a team goes on a little run or has a burst of results, as yesterday once again demonstrates, and didn't they have a big win over Newcastle also. Not going to last, it rarely does, so hope everyone at Sunderland makes the most of their little rejuvenation.

Poor result on paper though, never looked interested in the second half, disappointing game that fizzled out. Obviously a fixture we needed to win to maintain european charges, and I thought we could maybe do it before time, but it only manifested into something we have been witness to, so many times. Another frustrating, and disappointing, experience.

If O Neill had still been manager we most likely would have done so much better. But as so often happens, a new face comes in, and a team goes on a little run or has a burst of results, as yesterday once again demonstrates, and didn't they have a big win over Newcastle also. Not going to last, it rarely does, so hope everyone at Sunderland makes the most of their little rejuvenation.

Poor result on paper though, never looked interested in the second half, disappointing game that fizzled out. Obviously a fixture we needed to win to maintain european charges, and I thought we could maybe do it before time, but it only manifested into something we have been witness to, so many times. Another frustrating, and disappointing, experience.

huh.png MoN wasnt winning games, PdC has won both hes been in charge with. Unless Im confusing something, how can MoN have done better!?