IGNORED

Mancini Sacked...

...far from what your thinking...I aint gonna tout his name!

However, with Utd, City and Chelsea all replacing their managers...could it be that if Arsenal, spurs, us n that other lot over there play our cards right...you know, 2013/14 could be a very interesting season.

You know what I mean? I think i do...it's late, Im goin to bed on that note....

I think he was forced to bring in huge names. We all know what he has won in the past and he is a huge name. Would you prefer Rafa, Lennon or that guy from Cardiff? Laudrup and Martinez are still my first choices.

I'd have McKay over Mancini, just because he has a big reputation doesnt mean he's any good. I said it in another thread, if we think Moyes is defensive, i'd love to see some reactions when Mancini brings off Jelavic when he's on a hatrick and brings on Hibbo. Laudrop and Martinez are still my first choices aswell.

I'd have McKay over Mancini, just because he has a big reputation doesnt mean he's any good. I said it in another thread, if we think Moyes is defensive, i'd love to see some reactions when Mancini brings off Jelavic when he's on a hatrick and brings on Hibbo. Laudrop and Martinez are still my first choices aswell.

Dreaminghuh.png?

Ha ha...wasn't really meant to be another manager debate thread.

Meant it to be more about the opportunity that could now exsist for next season. I reckon it could be one of the best yet.

Although, for us of course, it depends who comes in!!!

he's not bad but I wouldn't say he was that great.

In the game against us he chose to play 3-5-2 despite the fact that we have 2 fast attacking wing backs. While you can say that by having high wing backs themselves they would exploit our lack of defence at times it clearly wasn't working for them but he did nothing to change it.

Man City often lacked pace in the way they played, once again especially against us. We played great in that game but they allowed us to play and had no plan at any point during the game to change things.

Throughout the game I could see what Man City's problem was and while it's often easy for us arm chair fans to give our opinion it was blindingly obvious why we were having such a field day against the league champions

Hate that talentless knob. He thought his shit didn't stink and that he was the best manager going round. I've always said anyone with the chequebook he's got could have done a decent job.

I'll always love that comment he made when Rodwell left, about now playing for a team that plays to win, made all the more funny since we took 5 points off them this season.

If Manchester City had won the final, Mancini would still be in a job today. In the end, United were relatively easy winners of the league with City second, and even then, could be edged out to third on the last day if the plastics get a win and City lose themselves, and never really looked capable of retaining the league championship, won on such drastic circumstances on the last day twelve months ago now. Add to that, once again, the shock defeat to Athletic in saturdays final event, and a poor showing in Europe.

Ok, despite all the money available, second place (most likely) and an FA cup final, isn't a bad return for anyone, and he did win the league last year, so can't quite say Mancini was a bad manager, but as with some others, not a name I would really want associated with the Everton position, and even then, is it really possible we could even get him ?. Not a figure in the game I have any real animosity for. How others view him is up to them.

I work in Manchester and cant beleive the love city fans have for him. He won the league granted but on goal difference after Utd threw it away. They were embarrassing in Champs league and he has totally missmanaged the situation regarding Ballotelli. His substitutions are mind boggling and the football he plays is shite compared to the money spent. Plus he is an arrogant prick. I like him wink.png

If Manchester City had won the final, Mancini would still be in a job today. In the end, United were relatively easy winners of the league with City second, and even then, could be edged out to third on the last day if the plastics get a win and City lose themselves, and never really looked capable of retaining the league championship, won on such drastic circumstances on the last day twelve months ago now. Add to that, once again, the shock defeat to Athletic in saturdays final event, and a poor showing in Europe.

Ok, despite all the money available, second place (most likely) and an FA cup final, isn't a bad return for anyone, and he did win the league last year, so can't quite say Mancini was a bad manager, but as with some others, not a name I would really want associated with the Everton position, and even then, is it really possible we could even get him ?. Not a figure in the game I have any real animosity for. How others view him is up to them.

Should've let him stay on until the end of the season, and it seems a bit harsh sacking him with two games left. I'm not saying I like him, but it is a sign of disrespect to me. I mean, they DID win the EPL last season even with it being a direct result of injected funds.

Win the league, and win the cup, and you are in our good books, but come second, and runner up in the cup, and you're sacked. dont%20know.gif

Poison job that one. You can't manage in this country and guarantee trophies.

To be fair given the money he has had to spend you would expect him to at least compete for the title and they were a very distant second

Mancini is an okay manager at the best. City are the ones who bought Augero, Silva. Mancini I don't think had a say that much.

Yeah I do know what this thread is meant to be about, it will be an interesting season next season. Chelsea won't win the league under Mourinho. City will come 3rd maybe 4th. All depends which manager they get in. If it is the one who is rumoured then 4th place. Chelsea 2nd, Arsenal 3rd and United 1st.

We still don't know if Jose Mouriho is going to back to the plastics. There's lots of talk and Benitez will surely be out of there this close season, win lose or draw tonight in Amsterdam, and Mourinho is many peoples thinking that he will be next in line, but nothing is set in stone just yet. I sincerely hope he turns them down or goes elsewhere. A very fun and decent individual, and wouldn't want (to see him, in) a return to that snide club side. Not sure where to categorize this, but can't see Manchester United retaining the league championship either. Arsenal won't do it, as with Tottenham, so that only leaves City and plastics. Whoever comes in (at MCFC), I do hope they can win back the title from all the other teams hitherto mentioned.

Just had a read through "the engineer's" bio and managerial career and have to say he does seem like a good manager. If City get him then United are going to struggle next season.

Real Madrid came out and said they would have kept him but the chance to get Mourinho in was to big of a oppuritny to miss

To be fair given the money he has had to spend you would expect him to at least compete for the title and they were a very distant second

Exactly... Im actually surprised he was there as long as he was. Out of Europe at the first hurdle both seasons, gifted the title by United dropping points in the run in and only one (maybe two!?)cups in his reign. They have never looked like a team and some of his tactics are bizarre, especially when he switched to 3 at the back in Europe and half the players were looking round for confirmation of where they should be playing!

These money men need to start realising that buying the best players doesnt guarentee success. If this years Premier League victory for Man Utd, Cup wins for Swansea & Wigan & the all German CL final doesnt make these people realise that the team is more important than the individual then nothing will!

Exactly... Im actually surprised he was there as long as he was. Out of Europe at the first hurdle both seasons, gifted the title by United dropping points in the run in and only one (maybe two!?)cups in his reign. They have never looked like a team and some of his tactics are bizarre, especially when he switched to 3 at the back in Europe and half the players were looking round for confirmation of where they should be playing!

These money men need to start realising that buying the best players doesnt guarentee success. If this years Premier League victory for Man Utd, Cup wins for Swansea & Wigan & the all German CL final doesnt make these people realise that the team is more important than the individual then nothing will!

i don't rate mancini but to say they were gifted it is a tad harsh...they still had to win their games..with a lot of pressure..newcastle away and the manc derby spring to mind

His brother Henry did so much better.

Not a managerial name, or individual, that causes any real reason for debate or argument here. All a bit indifferent to what he has achieved, of failed to have done. Simply don't have the animosity towards this individual like some others, or if he does something that causes a furore, then won't react too much. Still did well though, I mean a runners-up position in both the league championship and FA Cup this season. Money to splash or not, and it doesn't always bring success, that is not a bad achievement. Some will say that was a poor season for them, in the fact they didn't actually win anything, but really it's their business and all said, what they have done this year, isn't such a bad haul. Look back at us in 1985/86 as one such example, even though the cup final loss then wasn't an upset or weren't beaten by a much less recognized side or surprise occasion. That's just one comparison.